OtakuBoards

Final Fantasy X

stratigyless

[COLOR=003399]Well, here goes nothing.

Best Team:
Left Forward - Vilucha
Right Forward - Larbeight (kilika beasts)
Middle Forward- Tidus
Left Defence - Ropp
Right Defence - Kulukan (kilika beasts
Kepper - Nimrook (Al Bhed)

The team works perfect. Vilucha becomes a reallllllly good forward, with like 88 shot or something at Level 99, Larbeight's the best character in the game, awesome Endurance, crazy shot, and thats all a forward needs. Tidus can catch the ball, go forward, break the opponent, or use Jecht Shot to break through. Ropp is the best defence in the game, peroid. Kulukan follows real close second. They both have real high attack, Ropp having like 70, and their pass isn't anything to laugh at, either.

I explained in one of my other posts how to get the characters on teams. You wait until they have one game left, and save. Continue doing one match until they eventually don't get signed. [/COLOR]

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well since I'm just getting obsessed with blitzball, all my characters are about level 13-20.
Except for Datto.. I'm waiting to knock him off. But i need a better teammate to replace him.
*Goes to recruit Larbeight*

YAY! I got Attack Reels! Two more overdrives, and one more league, and then I get the Jupiter Sigil!
And then I have to figure out what the hell I have do for Auron's Sigil. My instructions given to my on how to get it were so confusing...

*Blitzes* ^_^

Well, according to copy and paste sites, it's [spoiler]10 different monsters of ten different species in ten different areas[/spoiler].

Lemme just put it this way: despite what you think, you are [i]not[/i] dragging 1000 monsters back. I remember going back with less than that, and still getting the Sigil.

[spoiler]If I understand correctly, you are to get 10 of a certain species from each region. So if you get ten Snow Flans in one region, you best stay away from Snow Flans (or maybe other Flans, but I doubt it goes [i]that[/i] far) in other regions. Do this for ten different areas (as listed by the Arena), and you are set.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]I just unlocked 10 Area Conquests and I was given the Sigil. I've been told that works. [/spoiler]

Thunder Plains Record: 32 ^_^
Butterfly Catching Record: 6/7

I can't believe how difficult that is...*blows up butterflies*
I just have to get the positioning of the Red Butterflies...

I unlocked Blitz Ace. I'm not that impressed...
Who throws the ball for you? It varies dependent of the affection level of your characters.

I'm super mad right now..
I beat the butterfly mini-game!

But why would I be mad? I didn't get a flippin' Sigil!
Is there a chest or something? Do I need to talk to someone?

At least I'll be able to do it again. I had like 3 seconds to wait...

[color=003399]*snickers*

There's 2 butterfly quests :p I'm guessing you did the one where the guy is standing by the start? There's another. I can't tell you the exact location, i was just wandering through the forest and i saw a random butterfly, and walked up to it, and another mini-game started... [/color]

Does anyone know an easy way to get Dark Matter?

cause i keep beating Dark Yojimbo 4 times then saving and doing it
again but it takes to fricken long (2 most times if you
beat him oh wow but as my luck is 255 i keep getting
master spheres AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH) i need a faster way

Um, does Breaking Damage Limit and Dark Matter have something to do with each other? *looks lost*

Anyways, I agree. Go for the Celestial/Legendary Weapons. Though it makes the game a little too easy. Though what you go through for them--!

Anyone want to give me a headsup on what I need to do to get Wakka's Overdrives? I've not started properly on Blitzball just yet--waiting to get the best players available (or as many as possible) before I "tourny".

Just enter tournies.
Keep going. Especially when you see an overdrive as a prize.
If you lose, or whatever, keep doing exhibition matches and tournie suntil you get it.

Dark Matter is the item in customization that allows Break damage Limit.

*Dodges Thunderbolts*
I'm at 20 right now, taking a break after every twenty.

Okay, so I FINALLY beat the Butterfly game.
No sigil! A teleport sphere! Bagh! *Calls the butterflies ugly*

[color=003389]Win a Tourny, then win a League, then save. Keep loading and going into Blitz, each time the prizes for the new tourny change. Keep doing that until you get what you want.

I'm not sure if you can get the Overdrives, and the sigil from the Tourny since i got them from the League, but it's worth a try, eh? [/color]

[COLOR=003399]All ya gotta do is complete both butterfly minigames in Macalania Woods, not just one-a them. Finish the second and you'll get the Sigil.

Ya sure ya did both? I remember getting a whole bumch of the teleport spheres, but then i just ran into the othre quest, and when i completed it, i got the Sigil ^_^
[/COLOR]

I'm tryign to do the second one.
I beat the first one, but I didn't know you had to do both.

There's this one little Red Butterfly that I always forget to avoid...ttherefor making it impossible for me to win. *Blows it up*

• 2 weeks later...
Guest The Mage Prince
Can anyone help me. I keep fighting Sin and keep dieing and what level would be easy to kill him? Can someone out there help with sin and what would be the best way to kill him? I would love you :love: if you could tell me. Thanks

The first two stages of the fight are fairly simple and straightforward--especially with Auron's armor break (which will be particularly useful in the second stage). After you use that technique, get him out of there and make sure that Lulu or Yuna are in.

Cast whichever haste spell you have on your characters and use Lulu's Double Cast. I forget which spell is more effective: Flare or Ultima. So, you might want to experiment with those two. If you would prefer, you may rely on aeons, but I like to save 'em

Remember that ship positioning is key. Watch Sin's attacks and time accordingly.

The final version of Sin inflicts a lot of status effects, like petrification and confusion. Make sure you have armor to accommodate that. This would be a particularly good time to use aeons, spells, and overdrive techniques. You want to finish this form off quickly because, as I remember it, he has a [i]really[/i] nasty spell attack.

• 4 weeks later...
[color=003399]Well, i just made sure i had everyones overdrives before i fought him. Then i killed the two guards he had with the overdrives, switiching all my characters around so they all got EXP, then i just hammered away at Seymour.

When he brought Anima out, i summoned Shiva and just healed her with Blizzara, and used the thing which makes her limit go up (can't remember name...) And kept on hitting Anima with her OD until he died.

Then, i believe Seymour comes back out, and i just hacked away at him.... i dunno what else i can say, i found that battle a breeze... Hope i helped some.[/color]

WHat happened if you killed Shiva? ( I used her to destroy the guards with her overdrive, then Anima killed her with Pain. )

I remember in a stratagy guide in GameFAQ saying that you should use the NulMagic ability in a order. Don't remember what it is, but it helped the user to block all of his Multi-spells.

[color=003399]Well, i never had to do the battle again, and my Shiva never died :p

I tihnk you should go and get all your aeons OD's before too, and use the others to Defeat the guards. You only have to do like 6000 to Seymour...[/color]

[size=1][color=crimson]Hmm *tries to remember*, ah yes. Kill the two Guado guards with Seymour with Wakka and Tidus (others are too slow), then smash Seymour with Kimahri/Auron.

When he summons Anima, call Yuna out straight away and summon the "????" Aeon ([spoiler]this is Shiva, if you don't already know[/spoiler]). Concentrate on healing it with its own ice attacks, and when you get an overdrive, obliterate Anima with it and heal straight after.

When Anima is destroyed, Seymour will come back out. Just attack him with anyone really, he's pretty easy.[/size][/color]

[color=003399]Well, you gotta remember to give everone a turn, so they all get AP ;) (because if an enemy gives out 100 ap, it doesn't split, each person gets the 100)

*merges with FFX help thread*[/color]

[size=1][color=crimson]*forgot I could do that* -[b]Break[/b][/size][/color]

[color=003399][size=1]*Did forget to, until second post -[b]Tasis[/b]*[/color][/size]