OtakuBoards

Favorite X-Men

Zanarkand Abes

Hey, I have just recently gotten back into X-Men, and I was wondering who your favorite X-Man was, and if you could be any of them, who would it be?

My favorite is Gambit, because I love his attitude and the fact that he is some what a womanizer. We both have the same hair color, or at least close to it, and he is cool in every situation. I would like to be him for all those above reasons.

i used to be huge into the x-men, before the cartoons, before the "new generations", etc. the uncanny x-men.

i like gambit, but he cant touch wolverine. i always liked wolverine but one day i saw a picture of him and the juggernaut that sealed his title as the absolute coolest x-man. here is that picture.

Wolverine really does nothing for me. He reminds me of a cowboy or something. Cyclops is too much of an elitist jerk to be my favorite...

I don't know. Probably Psylocke. Last I heard, Marvel might remove her from the comics. Who really knows.

Edit - Spelled elitist wrong :D

her story was always to complicated for me to follow. then she died and came back as some kind of ninja or something...? what was that crap?

wolverine was kind of like a cowboy. all gruff and antisocial, sarcastic and rebelious... you know?

and he stood on a counter-top to be face to face with the juggernaut to make that threat. he must have nuts the size of bowling balls!

and, yes, cyclops was a jackass and i never liked him.

[SIZE=1][COLOR=purple]I don't whatch them anymore. I don't like the evolution one. I used to whatch them, and Gambit was my favorite. I have two games for the SNES, which are pretty good. I also like Psylocke, she was cool. A little oldie, but cool. I just don't like all the new charcters. So bassicaly I used to whatch it, and now I don't.[/size][/color]

[size=1][color=darkblue] Wolverine. He kicks ***. I love his sideburns, they rock. He seems like he shouldn't be there, like he is an X-con, not and X-men ^_^;;;guess that's why I like him. Oh, his claws are cool, I bet they really hurt.[/color][/size]

I first got into X-Men when FOX's cartoon started in the early/mid-1990s. I read the comic for a while, but I just fell out of the comic book world. I saw the movie, though and I watch Evolution once in a while.

One of my favorite X-Persons was Jean Grey. There was something I liked about being able to move stuff with your mind, and she was even better as Phoenix.

The funniest part about FOX's old X-Men cartoon was that everytime Jean did something, she fainted. She stopped someone from falling, and fainted. She levitated a pencil across the room and fainted. The episode she became Phoenix, she rose into the air and shouted "I Am Phoenix!" and immediately whimpered "help me" and fainted.

Gambit was my favorite as well. He's still one of my all time favorite characters. I liked the attitude most of all, but he just looked so damned cool too. The long brown trench coat, the way his eyes looked, those awesome gloves...pretty much everything was cool about Gambit. I like his ability to charge things with kinetic energy and blow them up.

Guest QuickSilver
My Favourite person for X-men will have to be QuickSilver for evolution, because he his just so cool and his powers are the bomb and from the original it will have to be either gambit or Wolverine

My favorite X Man is Nightcrawler. His half German / Half English talking always makes me laugh. Also, he has a very different power to most people... almost half the mutants seem to be able to fire beams of some sort, but Nightcrawler doesn't follow that stereotype at all.

I'm not sure who my favourite X-Man is. I used to really like Gambit, but I got fed up of never seeing him with any decent screentime (either that or I just managed to miss those episodes). In the series I didn't like Wolverine that much. I thought his costume was a bit silly. So I gues my favorutie was Beast. He was intelligent, blue, and even when he was upside down never seemed to falter. He was a nice contrast to people/mutants you'd normally consider 'beasts' (like Sabertooth or Beast's new Evolution make-over), but I guess that's what marvel was trying to do.

In the film, I thought Hugh Jackman played a very good Wolverine. He seemed more human than in the series, which appealed to me.

If I could be any of them, I'd have to be Gambit, just for his clothes and staff. He has nice hair, too.

I may be the only one, but I like Polaris. I love her green hair. Gambit, Jubillee and Nightcrawler are also some of my favorites.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Yoda [/i]
[B]My favorite X Man is Nightcrawler. His half German / Half English talking always makes me laugh. Also, he has a very different power to most people... almost half the mutants seem to be able to fire beams of some sort, but Nightcrawler doesn't follow that stereotype at all. [/B][/QUOTE]

Yoda my friend....you are the man!

I love Nightcrawler. I always have. I love his party animal attitude. I love his ability! I mean who wouldn't wanna be able to *poof* Now you see me...*poof* Now I'm over here!

I would have to say that Gambit is my all time favorite, then either Storm or Rogue. Storm and Rogue were fun to watch.

I remember in the early 90's when my cousin and I had all the X-men Marvel Comic books and watched all the cartoons, had the playing cards, and all of the fun stuff to go with it.... what can i say... we were obsessed!!

[COLOR=green]I love Wolverine! He is awesome man, I don't see how anyone couldn't like him, but that's me. I guess other people can have thier favorties. But Wolverine has always been my favorties X-men and comic book character.[/COLOR] :D :cool:

Although, I loved watching Gambit and Rogue, I'd have to say my favourite character in it's time was the Dark pheonix. Although it was a part of Jean Grey, it wasn't really a part of the X-Men...just an entity on it's own. However, in the X-Men Evolution series, i'm going to say my favourite character now is Wolverine, cause he reminds me of the old X-Men series and also Beast.

How come no one ever mentioned Blob? The power to not be able to be picked since he's so heavy. Or Toad who has the power to spit nasty stuff at people. No one ever appreciates those insignificant mutants. ^_^

But seriously I really like Wolverine because of his feirce fighting spirit and that he never backs down from a fight.

Toad did not spit anything. They made up that crap just for the movie. His only abilities were jumping (strong leg muscles). No tongue. No spit. It was all made up.

p.s. Nobody likes the Blob because he's fat. That's all. Just fat.

[size=1]When I was very little, I found maybe three issues of X-men comics, that used to be my dad's. heh. I liked them, but never saw any others. So I mostly made up my own characters, heh...

I loved Gambit when I watched one of the TV shows. He was cool. So was Wolverine. I mean...come on. ;)

I also liked Rogue, until her accent started really getting on my nerves. In the movie/newest TV show [Evolution?] I like her a lot. And I always get her on those little quiz-things.[/size]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by treton_noir [/i]
[B]her story was always to complicated for me to follow. then she died and came back as some kind of ninja or something...? what was that crap?
[/B][/QUOTE]

She is the younger sister of Captain Britain, England's version of Captain America. Her mind was exchanged with that of a Japanese assassin named Kwannon to save them both from some sort of injury, but Kwannon contracted the Legacy Virus, a mutant killer, while in Psylocke's body and was killed mercifully by her boyfriend. Psylocke, unfortunately, is currently dead.

My favorite was always Wolverine, because he was a bit of a rebel without a cause and was practically indestructible. Plus, being a living mystery, it was cool to try to figure him out. Another fave is a character most of you might not know, unless you read the comics. He's a new character named Xorn, who is a Chinese guy with a mini-sun in the place of a brain.

Also, Nightcrawler fans rejoice, because he has a major role in the upcoming X2 movie. Also, Iceman and Rogue will have bigger roles, Colussus (who's dead in the comic) will have a cameo as a teenager. Supposedly he will just be a big muscular teenager, we probably won't see his steel form.