OtakuBoards

The Latest Episode of Yu-Gi-Oh

DeathBug

[COLOR=#503F86]The Obnoxious Celtic Guardian is the Japanese Retrained Celtic Guardian. This is one dub name I really will complain about- there's no way he should be called 'Obnoxious' >_<;

I finally managed to see the first two episodes of 'Enter the Shadow Realm', and they seem... a little slow in comparison to the others. I know they're introducing new rules and everything, but it just seemed to lack something in comparison to the previous episodes. I'm sure that'll change, though. At least we're still getting them through.

I loved Kuribo's interaction with Yugi, though. That was really funny, hehe.[/COLOR].

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I've noticed that the ETSR episodes all have a degree of cheesy cuteness to them. Yugi's deck master is Kuriboh, Tea's opponent is a penguin, etc. I suspect they did this to balance out the incredibly dark and somber tone of the previous episodes with Marik. You have to admit, Marik made the show darker than it has ever been.

I think there's some truth to that, Deathbug; it has been pretty cute so far... But then again, most Tournament duels start out small and (to a degree) innocent. Then the really big fights kick off. I'm guessing that by the time this story arc is over, we'll see some of the most memorable action in the series yet- of course, it will be overshadowed by the conclusion of the Battle City Finals.

BTW, I really love penguins- they're my second-favorite bird in the world, next to crows. Even though it IS a step down from Marik's dueling, I just gotta love it! ^_^