OtakuBoards

The Latest Episode of Yu-Gi-Oh

DeathBug

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, but unfortunatly, they BUTCHERED this entire episode. I mean come on, they edited the actual fighting wit Jounouchi and the Rare Hunters. I mean come on now, why edit the fighting? Its not like people havent seen someone kicked and punched before. Sure, I can see them editing the blood comin from Bakura's arm(which they still never did mention how he got hurt. :rolleyes: ), but editing some punches and kicks? Now thats just dumb. The owner of 4Kids just needs to go hang himself. *shakes head*

Get sent through a portal to the Shadow realm? How lame! I like the original better... Plummeting to you death through glass would be quite awesome. If you ask me, the dubbers are totally overusing the whole Shadow Realm bit. I see it now:

[spoiler] In the Jou vs. Yugi duel, their tied to an anchor that is coated with a magic spell and will send the losrr to the Shadow Realm! And Anzu has a pill in her mouth that will send her to the Shadow Realm if Yugi refuses to deul![/spoiler]

Sorry about that... I honestly think they might do that. One more thing beforeI go on without a life, Namu? NAMU?!?!?! C'mon Marik, your a frickin' evil genious, can't you come up with a better name?!?!?!?! Oh well, Marik by any other name would still act the same.

I think it's kind of stupid. The dubber think that if they take out the violence and bad stuff they can make it look good. Yu-Gi-Oh already has a Y-7 rating like DBZ which shows alot more violence then Yu-Gi-Oh. Nect thing you know they will be editing the actual battles where the monster pops out then is destroyed if it's weaker. Atleast they didn't do that. But seriously why edit blood? i ask hasn't everyone seen blood before. In conlcusion I think the dibbers are working to hard.

Does it really matter what will happen to the losers? I mean, it's not like these things add anything. We know who's going to win, we just don't know how. I say ignore the lost violence and blood (Would haveing those things really make it a better show? I think not) and focus on the story and duels.
And yes, I was dissapointed with what they showed today, but I think the rest of the duel will make up for that.

Okay, I'm going to stop ranting about how evil dubbers are... for now... and bring up how many times Mokuba has been kidnapped.

1) Kidnapped by Pegasus (escaped sometime after)
2) Re-kidnapped by one of Peggie's goons
3) Soul was stolen by Peggie (classified as a kidnapping within a kidnapping)
4) Nearly kidnapped by the Big 5
5) Kidnapped by monsters (Virtual Reality)
And
6) Kidnapped by Rare Hunters

Is it just me, or does this kid have a sign on his back that says 'Kidnap me! Please!'

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Youko Minamino [/i]
[B]Did they really cut out Jounouchi getting his *** kicked, and just show him mysteriously end up on the ground?[/B][/QUOTE]

Unfortunatly, thats exactly what they did. Same wit the Rare Hunters. Joey was standing there with a smile on his face, and then the Rare Hunters were gettin up...but how did they get down in the first place? :rolleyes: (I know since I have the subbed episode, its just stupid for the people around here not to see it.)

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by blackgatomon [/i]
[B]
Is it just me, or does this kid have a sign on his back that says 'Kidnap me! Please!' [/B][/QUOTE]

Seriously! heh, and, ironically, the person in the show who's been kidnapped the most times just bellow him is Kaiba himself.

He was kidnapped by Pegasus and the Witty Phantom. Each time he was rescued by Yugi. Some tough guy...

From some of what you guys are saying now I can see why Marick is probably the sickest most evil person on the show. And here I was thinking that he wasn't anymore evil than Bakura because of the stupid dubbs. I bet you that he would sacrifice one his own men if it could power up his god card.

By the way, how did Bakura get his arm cut? And is there anything else that the dubb didn't mention?

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by SS5 Gogeta [/i]
[B]I bet you that he would sacrifice one his own men if it could power up his god card.[/B][/QUOTE]

You should put the spoiler tag behind that remark. No, seriously though, just keep watchin, and IF they are brave enough to show it here, you'll know why I said that. ^_^

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by SS5 Gogeta [/i]
[B]From some of what you guys are saying now I can see why Marick is probably the sickest most evil person on the show. And here I was thinking that he wasn't anymore evil than Bakura because of the stupid dubbs. I bet you that he would sacrifice one his own men if it could power up his god card.

By the way, how did Bakura get his arm cut? And is there anything else that the dubb didn't mention? [/B][/QUOTE]

Hey, Marik is the hottest sickest most evil guy on the show. Followed by Bakura.

And to answer your question, Bakura (Yami) cut Ryou's (Regular Bakura) arm in the original.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Jinzouningen17 [/i]
[B]You should put the spoiler tag behind that remark. No, seriously though, just keep watchin, and IF they are brave enough to show it here, you'll know why I said that. ^_^ [/B][/QUOTE]

If I've interpreted your meaning correctly, then there's absolutly no way that will be shown. And, truthfully, I'm glad that it won't be. Graphic violence does not make a show, and in my oppinion doesn't belong in Yu-Gi-Oh!.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Takuya [/i]
[B]If I've interpreted your meaning correctly, then there's absolutly no way that will be shown. And, truthfully, I'm glad that it won't be. Graphic violence does not make a show, and in my opinion doesn't belong in Yu-Gi-Oh!. [/B][/QUOTE]
Man, its not hardly graphic. It doesnt even have blood in it. As a matter of fact, its not even violent. When I said the "brave enough to show it" thing, I was basically makin fun of 4Kids due to the fact that they cut out soo many good scenes, and I wouldnt doubt it if they cut that scene out...but they cant because then we wouldnt be able to see how the true Ma...nevermind. Watch for yourself. :D

Guest Altron Gundam
Malik isn't that bad. Yami Malik is evil to the core.

Anyway, this whole editing crap is pissing the hell outa me. I have subbed eps up till Ep. 151, and now they make the bombs in the Light/Dark Mask duel "shadow boxes"..wtf..

What's next? During the Jounouchi / Yuugi duel, instead of Anzu's/Yuugi's/Jounouchi's lives on the line and being sent to the bottom of the ocean, they'll make the ocean a portal to the shadow realm as well...someone can only be sent to the dark realm via a duel if its a shadow game..which these duels are NOT.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Altron Gundam [/i]
[B]What's next? During the Jounouchi / Yuugi duel, instead of Anzu's/Yuugi's/Jounouchi's lives on the line and being sent to the bottom of the ocean, they'll make the ocean a portal to the shadow realm as well.[/B][/QUOTE]

I sorta aleady came up with that idea. See page six.

Just so I won't double post, I'll add on. I kinda liked today's episode. Still, this whole "special event" is becoming s-l-o-w. I want to see Valkryion be summoned... *sighs* Oh well, at least we get to see Yami and Kaiba work together (and see Kaiba's way of giving 'stratigies' to Yami).

On the new ep...
It was very good, although Kaiba was being Kaiba again and the all the mask cards are beginning to irritate me.
I was watching it a bit absentmidedly, so the scenes besides the duel scenes were kinda random.

The tips and tricks...
No there was nothing useful unless anyone wants to know how to fix their hair in aerodynamic triangles to withstand intense attacks and such.