OtakuBoards

The Latest Episode of Yu-Gi-Oh

DeathBug

The thing that bothers me most about the shadow realm excuse is that they don't even explain the source of it and to add to that, they keep saying it over and over. They said it about like 12 times each time they were saying the same thing "with this move we'll send your life points to zero which will result in the glass to shatter and send you to the shadow realm." I keep hoping that they would shut up and talk about something else for a change. I'm beginning to feel that Duelist Kingdom is more well done and enjoyable than the way they're doing Battle City. Does it get anybetter as it progresses? Sorry for making this long post about how I don't like the dubbing. Just had the urge to express my opinion.

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There was a really funny one-

How to Read Your Opponent's Mind:

Yugi: I play the Celtic Guardian in attack mode. Now, what will I play next?

Xavier: It's a Blue-Eyes White Dragon.

Sock: A Time Wizard!

Yugi: No.

Xavier: It's a Blue-Eyes White Dragon.

Sock: A Dark Magician!

Yugi: No. I'll give you a clue - it has blue eyes and is white.

Xavier: It's a Blue-Eyes White Dragon!

Sock: Um, I know! A Time Wizard!

From what I know (Unless the dubbers totally kill it. Grrr... Stupid Dubbers) the Jou vs. Yugi duel will be awesome. [spoiler] Anzu will die if Yugi refuses to duel Jou (I was hoping he wouldn't duel. *cough cugh*I will kill Anzu *cough cough*) and the loser of the duel sinks to their death. The best part of that would be that Kaiba acts out of character and pretty much saves Jou's life.[/spoiler]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by SS5 Gogeta [/i]
[B]I remember you saying that Anzu will have a pill in her mouth. Is it a cyanide pill? Or is it something else. [/B][/QUOTE]
I think it was cyanide. But knowin 4Kids, they'll probably say that its a "Scooby Doo" Vitamen. :rolleyes:

Ok..from what I've heard, [SPOILER]The loser will be thrown into the sea. Yugi tries to break Joey out of the spell by bringing out Red Eyes, but fails. He refuses to attack even though Joey begins to defeat him and soon starts to duel without the M.Puzzle. I believe at the end, Serenity intervenes.
And about Tea, won't there be a crate or something dropped on her if anyone tries to break up the duel?[/SPOILER]

The Jou vs. Yugi goes as follows:
[spoiler]The Battle of True Friendship

What Happens & Explanation: After being informed that Malik has Jounouchi, Kaiba finds that they are at the harbor and Mokuba arrives in a helicopter to pick them up and take them there. When Yugi arrives and spots Jounouchi, it takes him a moment to realize that his friend's mind in under Malik's control. Evil Jounouchi announces to Yugi that they will duel, but Yugi doesn't wish to fight his best friend. Malik then informs Yugi that Anzu has a pill placed in her mouth. If Yugi should refuse to duel Jounouchi, Anzu will die. Yugi has no choice but to accept the duel.

The hypnotized Anzu chains the two friends to an anchor and the rules are explained. Both Yugi and Jounouchi are chained to an anchor. If one of their lifepoints reaches zero, the anchor will drop and they will drown. As for the other player that wins, a box near them will open revealing a key to the chains. To make things even more interesting, they have a time limit of fifteen minutes. If the time runs out and no one wins, both of them will be pulled under.

Yami Yugi remembers that he still has Jounouchi's Red Eyes Black Dragon and places it into his deck. The battle begins and Yami Yugi still has trouble facing his friend under the circumstances. If he is to win, it will mean the Jounouchi will be killed. He continues to try and get Jounouchi to break free of Malik's control but doesn't have much luck. It is then that the real Yugi asks his Yami to let him face Jounouchi. Afterall, Jounouchi is his best friend. Unable to deny his other half, Yami Yugi retreats back into the puzzle leaving little Yugi to face his friend.

Yugi then picks up a card. It's the Red Eyes Black Dragon - Jounouchi's card. Hoping the card will help Jounouchi's memories return, Yugi plays it and the dragon appears before them. It shocks Jounouchi slightly, but thanks to Malik's control, Jounouchi attacks it. The dragon's attack decreases, but it still stands.

Pain fills Jounouchi's mind as he falls to the ground holding his head. Jounouchi attempts to fight Malik, but is failing. Yugi can only see one way to save Jounouchi's life. It's now that Yugi walks towards his friend. The young boy removes the puzzle from his neck and bends down near Jounouchi. He places his beloved puzzle around Jounouchi's neck and smiles sadly. He tells Jounouchi that if is going to die, then Jounouchi will wear the puzzle instead of him. He then walks back to his side of the dock.

Malik regains control and orders Jounouchi to talk apart the puzzle and throw the pieces into the ocean as this would destroy Yami Yugi. Jounouchi removes the piece of the puzzle with the eye on it, but as he is about to throw it, something happens that makes Jounouchi freeze in his tracks. This scene is just like one that took place at the beginning of the series. Instead of throwing the piece into the ocean like Malik wants, Jounouchi puts the piece back into the puzzle and they continue their duel.

This confuses Malik who doesn't understand why a part of the two friends are fighting each other on their own. Kaiba, noting the time limit and the rate at which the friends are dueling thinks that both of them will end up dying. Also, Yugi finally figures out that Malik is the one controlling Jounouchi's actions. Jounouchi plays a card that will do 1000 lifepoints of damage and take Yugi's lifepoints to zero. All the while, the real Jounouchi fights for control of his mind. Just as he attacks, the real Jounouchi takes control and tells Yugi not to die. Yugi blocks the attack and captures it with his Spirit's Mirror. He is happy to know that the real Jounouchi is back. Tears role down the sides of Yugi's face as he smiles back at his friend.

Jounouchi notices the puzzle around his neck and their situation. He isn't really sure why they're fighting. As all this is going on, the timer is counting down and getting closer and closer to zero. Yugi tells Jounouchi how much his friendship means to him. Tears role down Yugi's face as his utters his last words of friendship to Jounouchi...

Yugi order his Spirit's Mirror to attack him with the attack Jounouchi used last turn. The blast hits and there's a huge explosion while Jounouchi looks on in shock. Yugi's lifepoints reach zero and his weak body collapses and falls to the ground.

A box near Jounouchi opens revealing a key to his chains, but Jounouchi's mind only wishes to save Yugi's. In the few short seconds left before the timer runs out, Jounouchi orders the Red Eyes Black Dragon to attack him. The dragon attacks the blond boy and Jounouchi's lifepoints drop to zero. This causes the box near Yugi to open revealing the key to Yugi's chains. The timer runs out and just as the anchor they are chained to begins to drop into the sea, Jounouchi rushes to Yugi and manages to grab his key. The anchor continues to fall and pulls both Jounouchi and Yugi deeper and deeper into the ocean.

Jounouchi, Yugi's key in hand, manages to find Yugi's limp body. Jounouchi unlocks Yugi's chains and the small innocent boy begins to float up towards the surface. All the while, Jounouchi continues to sink deeper into the sea. The blond boy watches his friend as they are separated.

Jounouchi tries Yugi's key in his lock, but it doesn't work. His key is still at the surface. Jounouchi is also running out of air.

Yugi reaches the surface and Mokuba pulls him to the dock. Kaiba notices Jounouchi's key. Acting out of character, Kaiba drops the key into the water. Just as Jounouchi is about to run out of air, he sees the key and is able to free himself. Yugi comes to and Jounouchi reaches the surface shortly after.

Jounouchi and Yugi face each other. Jounouchi holds the puzzle and apologizes to Yugi for all the trouble. He then places the puzzle back around Yugi's neck and they both can't help but smile.

LATER ON: Shizuka, Honda and Otogi get a ride with Mai to the harbor. Shizuka still has bandages covering her eyes from her operation. Mai helps Shizuka out of her car and she begins to make her way blindly towards her older brother. Jounouchi spots her and runs to face her. Jounouchi yells at his friends for bringing Shizuka with them. After nearly killing Yugi, Jounouchi feels that he can't face his sister. Mai yells at him and Otogi restrains Honda from attacking Jounouchi. Jounouchi is reminded of the reason he competed in the Duelist Kingdom. All of this is stopped once Jounouchi realizes that his sister has begun to remove the bandages from her eyes.

Jounouchi gasps as she throws the bandage behind her. Keeping her eyes closed, she faces her brother. Slowly, she begins to open her eyes. Before her she sees a blurry vision of her brother. Soon this image clears and her first sight is Jounouchi standing before her.

Tears form in Shizuka's eyes as she runs to her brother. She presses her face into his chest and hugs him. Jounouchi holds Shizuka close. He smiles as he strokes her hair. He has succeeded at being a good older brother and has saved his little sister's vision. [/spoiler]

Actually, it's 4 parts. I can't wait for the other 2 parts. Anyways, I wonder how Umbra and Lumis can duel alone (which they suggested to do in Legendary Fisherman Part 1) considering one has almost all magic/trap cards and the other has almost all monsters?

I know this don't really belong here but, we all know there is a hint of something between Yugi and Tea, but is there also a little hint of something between Joey and Mai. There's moments that hint at it a little like what she did when they were in the virtual reality game in the last part of the 3rd ep. So I was wondering, I mean cummon, they'd be perfect for each other.

I was watching the duel between Umbra, Lumis, Kaiba, and Yugi and I was just wondering. When Seto Kaiba summoned Obelisk the Tormentor, how come Obelisk's attack was going up? When he was summoned it went from 4000 to 4850

Kaiba talked Lumus into attacking his Blue-Eyes instead of Yugi. Yugi combined his 3 magnet warrior to form Valkirion and destroyed Des Gardius (sp?). When it was destroyed, it formed a new mask that took control of Valkirion. Yugi had one face-down card. Umbra used a magic card called Mascarade (sp?) to control Valkirion and attacked, but Yugi activated De-Fusion to split Valkirion back into the 3 magnet warriors and destroy the mask. Then Kaiba got around Mask of Restrict by using Soul Exchange to sacrifice the magnet warriors and summon Obelisk. then he attacked Umbra directly and Umbra fell through the glass. he pull out a parachute and got it caught on a flag pole and passed out. (I guess they tried to make it seem like he pulled out the parachute to save himself from falling into the portal to the shadow realm) Lumus' mind was taken over by Marik, who told Yugi about how his friends are working for him now. Lumus passed out and Mokuba appeared in a helacopter to pick up Kaiba and Yugi. Kaiba decided to help Yugi find his friends because Tea helped Mokuba escape.

Guest visser 3
Oh ok thanks Devlin. It sounds like they are going to get Marik now. The next episode will be good.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by visser 3 [/i]
[B]It sounds like they are going to get Marik now.[/B][/QUOTE]

The only thing their gonna get is a big surprise as they find a mind-enslaved Joey that's challenging Yugi to a duel to the death. Besides, they still think that Marik is this 'Namu' person and [spoiler] later they think that Odion is Marik[/spoiler].

And, yeah, it did seem kind of stupid with the 'parachuting' deal. His mind still went to the Shadow Realm though. At least in my opinon it did. I mean, his pupils shrank (which you'll notice happens to all of the people whom Marik sends to the Shadoow realm) and rolled in to the back of his head AND Lumis made that nice comment of, "No! Umbra! Come back! Don't leave me!" I must agree, bad, bad dubbers! Your not getting a treat from me either!