The Latest Episode of Yu-Gi-Oh

DeathBug

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Shakaku
So Yugi did have the millennium puzzle before joey gave it back, i didn't catch that but i think my brother said he did.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Digital Monster [/i]
[B]Well, as to the US I don't know, but in both the UK and Canada, we've seen up to Yami vs. Yami Pt. 2. I thought it was slightly screwed to be honest, but then again I'm not a Marik/Bakura fan-girl, so it's not exactly eye-candy for me ^_^. [/B][/QUOTE]
Well I AM a Malik/Bakura fan. So I need to know, how did they do the [spoiler]"One Turn KILL"[/spoiler] scene? Did they edit much?

[spoiler]Well, it wasn't called 'One turn kill', for one thing. I can't actually remember what it was renamed in the dub, but whetever it was it wasn't as good.

It seemed pretty full, but as I've not seen the original I've no idea what's been cut out or not. We still see bits of both of them disappearing, but that's more than likely been toned down with the rest of it.[/spoiler]

Heres what goes down in the original version....

[spoiler]Durin the "One Turn Kill" scene, Yami Malik starts chantin some ish(basically begins to speak in tongues.). He then fuses with Ra leavin just a piece of his eye on the field while the rest is merged with Ra. When Ra fires off, he destroys all of Bakura's cards and then sets him on fire. At the same time, regular Malik is basically burnt to a crisp and then vaporized...well, not exactly. He goes within Anzu(Tea)and that is his new dwelling place until the Alcatraz tower saga. In the mean time, Bakura is still on fire, but then the fire vanishes. As the fire vanishes, Bakura vanishes with it, thus is the last we see of Yami Bakura for the rest of the Battle City/Battle Blimp/Alcatraz tower saga. In all of the eps after that, I havent seen Yami Bakura once.[/spoiler]

And thats it. ^_^

Also, on another note, what do they do wit the Rashid scenes? Whenever [spoiler]Malik walks up to Rashid's bed, turns his millenium rod into a blade, and gets ready to kill him, but is always stopped[/spoiler]? Do they ever mention the word "kill" or do they even show those scenes?

Nothing like that, no.

[spoiler]He just never gets to do anything to Rashid/Odeon. The Rod stayd the same, he keeps threatening to banish his mind to the Shadow Realm, but doesn't actually do anything.

The 'one turn kill' was similar, but there was no burning to a crisp. All of Marik but his eye disappeared, and I think he described it as fusing with Ra. I wish I could remember what it was called instead, though.

Although we did actually see Yami Bakura at the end of the episode- just after his body disappeared, he's seen underneath a staircase in Yami's 'mind' (as seen when Shadi was exploring it). Marik still stays in T'ea's mind.[/spoiler]

Boy, they do cut out a lot.

Okay, one more thing I gotta know. In the episode entitled "The History of the Ishtars"(which is the ep right before "Battle of the Yamis", [spoiler]how do they explain Malik's father's death? Do they show when Malik took the millenium rod and killed his father?[/spoiler] Or do they just make up somethin stupid for that scene? In the original version, [spoiler]after Rashid is whipped to death(well, not literally, but you know what I mean) by Malik's dad, Yami Malik wakes up for the first time. He goes and grabs the millenium rod, blasts his dad against the wall, and then he rips his dads chest open with the blade on it. They dont show that scene, you just hear his dad screaming. And then afterwards, it shows Malik's dead on the ground, with blood all over the wall and a little bit on the blade of the millenium rod. Then right before Malik could go kill Ishizu, Rashid wakes up, yada yada yada, Malik is back, and then Shadi's ghost comes from Malik's dead father and then tells him somethin about the Pharoah.[/spoiler] How much did they change from that?

Oh yeah, one last thing. How is Yami Malik's voice? Does it change like Yami Bakura's and Yami Yugi's? Or is it the exact same as his normal voice.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Jinzouningen17 [/i]
[B][spoiler]how do they explain Malik's father's death? Do they show when Malik took the millenium rod and killed his father?[/spoiler] How much did they change from that?[/B][/QUOTE]

A fair bit. [spoiler]There was certainly no blood, and again no blade coming from the Millennium Rod. Again, I can't quite remember exactly how it went, but I assume it was just banishing to the Shadow Realm again or something like that. And we don't see Rashid getting whipped, either. I'd have remembered that (I think. Damn, I'm inept). To be honest, I'm not even sure if they mentioned Marik's father being killed at all, or whether he just 'died'. Either way, there was nothing that evil.

I wish I could tell you with more detail and confidence- it's been a while since I was last able to see it, and we won't get to that episode again until about the same time that everyone in the US will anyway. [/spoiler]

[QUOTE][B]Oh yeah, one last thing. How is Yami Malik's voice? Does it change like Yami Bakura's and Yami Yugi's? Or is it the exact same as his normal voice. [/B][/QUOTE]

It changes a lot from his regular voice. [spoiler]Heh, I'm not sure this needs to be in spoilers, but what the heck. It's a lot deeper, and they may have synthesised it a little. It no longer sounds whiny, but a lot more dark and commanding. Imagine a very angry Yami.[/spoiler]

Dude, Y. Marik´s voice is screwed beyond compare. The ´One Turn Kill´ ability was renamed ´Point-to-Point Transfer´.

As to the first appearance of Y. Marik, [spoiler]we see Odion lying there and his dad says that he can´t come back, Y. Marik appears, takes the Rod and pins his dad to the wall and sends him to the Shadow Realm, he then pins Ishizu down and goes to Odion to finish him off, until he sees the markings and goes back to normal.[/spoiler] I´d do that in more detail, but I´m currently in Lanzarote on holiday and don´t therefore have the tape, though I have seen Shin-chan, Detective Conan and Shaman King in Japanese on the Cartoon Network here. Very strange.

Man, thats a friggen shame. They edited WAY too much from this saga. I swear, beginnin wit the Battle City saga(or atleast on the "Aftermath" episode), they need to start comin out wit uncut DVDs like they did wit Dragonball Z. I mean, have the edited 4Kids version regularly on there, but then have the option to get the uncut Japanese version on there, about like they did with the Dragonball Z DVDs. Its a shame that they edit out soo much, and for those of yall that dont even have access to the Japanese eps(like I didnt at one time, until a friend told me of a site where...nevermind. ^_^)and cant see what REALLY happened in the show. Ooooh well. Well, since yall are that far ahead, the next eps yall should be seein is the Noah saga(which is mainly filler, and is like 22 episodes of complete nonsense. Sure, it tells why they're havin the finals at Alcatraz tower, but still. [spoiler]MALIK'S NOT EVEN IN IT!! At all.[/spoiler] Thats the worst part about. :( I couldnt stand goin 22 episodes without my favorite character.), so let us know how they do that. Not much to edit there since the setting is somewhat like Duelist Kingdom, so yeah. Dont forget to let us know how the english version of that turns out. ^_^

[SIZE=1][COLOR=purple]Fixed spoiler tags -Solo[/SIZE][/COLOR]

• 3 weeks later...
If anyone else is ever going to post here, I might as well say that on Saturday I think Yugi and Bakura duel against each other. I hope that I can remind you that the spirit in his milennium ring is some evil guy seeking the power of the milennium items. He IS a freak. I can't wait for it since they haven't showed any new episodes for a couple of weeks.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by IloveBebop [/i]
[B]If anyone else is ever going to post here, I might as well say that on Saturday I think Yugi and Bakura duel against each other.[/B][/QUOTE]

Actually, Bakura duels Bonez. You do remember him, right? He's the zombie looking dude from Bandit Keith's flunkies. From what I've read, it's going to be one awesome duel.

It [b]is[/b] going to be a great duel, the only bad part is that it's only one episode long. Bakura's Battle City deck is so cool with Dark Nercofear and the Destiny Board. I guess will have to wait till Yami Yugi and Yami Bakura duel in the Finals to see most of his deck and Y. Bakura's true (very good) dueling skills.

i've seen the battle of yami yugi vs. yami bakura. i must say it was sweet. [spoiler] bakura had the game won if he didnt take over his body at that point. he had the four letters of the word death spelt and at the end of yugi's turn he would have spelt it. [/spoiler] overall thats the best duel ever

Today's episode was... SWEET! That was so awesome when Yami Bakura scared the shizznat out of Grandpa.

[i]"NO! NOT AGAIN!"-Grandpa[/i]

And then out of Bonz.

[i]Headless Knight: *comes out of the ground*
Bonz: AHH!
Zyger: C'mon Bonz! Your FACE is scarier than that knight![/i]

Ah, what a wonderfully played short duel. It was a nice break from all those two-three episode duels. The only downfall: Bonz, Zyger, and Cid (or is it Sid or Syd?) will never return again.

Also, Kids WB is showing a 'sneak peek' to the rest of Battle City next Saturday. That'll be interesting.

I am so sick of Yami Bakura killin' people every time he shows up. Seriously....first Pegasus, now these three...gah!

Other than that...nice eppie. It was very typical of those three (the Stooges, as I call them), to scare people out of their locator cards. I mean, that was basically the same tactic they used in Duelist Kingdom.

(Huh...that was Bandit Kieth's tactic. They're pretty helpless on their own...)

Anyway...Bad Yami Bakura! Bad! No cookie for you!

Heeeey... :shifty: Am I the only one who was squealing with glee throughout the whole thing? ^^! Personally, I like it when Yami B goes evil. He's so cool! *squeaks* But then again, I may just be a helpless fangirl *grin*.

Awwww... But the poor stooges... ^^ I thought the redhead (Sid?) was kinda cute... *snicker* Hey, does it ever say what happened to Bandit Keith after Malik drove him crazy? Did he just vanish, or what?

He ran off, never to heard of again. Well, something like that. I've no idea what happened to him. I must say, this was the best part of the epsiode:

[i]Yami Bakura: AWAY FROM ME OLD MAN!
Grandpa: W-Who are you?
Yami Bakura: *rings glows brighter*
Grandpa: NO! NOT AGAIN! *faints*[/i]

Sorry, I just like that. I find it funny. Also, on close-captioning, when they are recaping the previous episodes, it makes Marik say, "I'm Num," instead of Namu.