OtakuBoards

1st Jobs?

zidane11

My first job was driving around the picker cart at my local golf cource. You know those carts with the cages that drive around the range that everyone tries to hit. Well, thats me. It was pretty sweet thou since my cource has a 4 star resturante at it, and I got free food. I also really didn't have to do anything but hang out, drive the carts, clean a few carts, and listen to music. Man I miss those days.

Though my current job is a whole lot cooler. I am a pro wreslter on a very small indy circut. Me and a few of my friends started it, its called the ERW - Extreme Championship Wrestling. We do the matches in my basement, film them, and some of the guys at my school who are good with video edit them and we sell them for like 5 bucks a movie. Don't make much money, but its allotta fun.

[size=1]No, I have never had a real paying jobs.

I'm editor-in-chief of my school newspaper, so that is a lot of work. But it doesn't count as a "real job"

Last summer I applied to about 6 different businesses around my community, but none of them wanted to hire someone as young as I was. After I graduate from high school I will need to find a job that goes well with my new college schedule.

-Shy[/size]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by cloricus [/i]
[B]I wouldn't mind a job at EB but I don't want to end up as "that" much of a geek... Damn those guys are sad.
[/B][/QUOTE]

[color=crimson]They get payed more than you do. ^_~
---

Hm. I might work at Best Buy or EB, that sounds like the type of environment i'd do best in. Then again, I could end up at the Six Flags here in San Antonio.

My first job was lawn mowing, and it still is that. Heh. It pays well. ^^[/color]

[b][size=1]
I currently help out my uncle about half an hour every Monday to Friday. For 2 and a half hours work, I get £10 ^_^
Just to stay on his good side though, I stay for about 6 hours and also mind the bratty kids on the Saturday Youth Group thing.
Sometimes he gives me a £10 bonus too, for doing extra work, and I also get the odd random double-bonus too >.>

So I guess that counts as a job. Except I probably get more than I should for how much of what I do, lol[/b][/size]

sad to say... i got my first job at 15 years of age at a local grocery store. "Bakers" which is now owned by "Krogers" & "Dillons". then this past summer at age 17 i also worked at "Taco Johns" a Simmons owned company - as is Burger King - and worked there for a couple of months and am still employed at bakers. *cringes* but yeah, this summer afer graduation i intend on working nights there and picking up a second job. where? i have no idea. but definately going to need the cash flow for college in the fall.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by cloricus [/i]
[B]
I wouldn't mind a job at EB but I don't want to end up as "that" much of a geek... Damn those guys are sad.
[/B][/QUOTE]

EB isn't so bad. There are some chill people there. Now GAMESPOT, aka Babbages has some freaky guys there. I went in to buy an X Box game, and the damn cashier went on like a 10 minutes speal about how PS2 is SOOOOOOOOOOO much better (I have both, so I known there both good, lets not start that topic). Anyways, when he started to ask me what good X Box games there where, I was just so tired of his rambling I just told him to shut up and give me my damn game. Man that guy was annoying.