OtakuBoards

GTA Vice City Discussion

Tommy Vercetti

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[size=1][color=darkblue]Well, I have read the damn question, and it doesn't really make sense. Can you give me an explanation of what you mean? In the future, if you add more effort into the question, you will get a much quicker answer.[/color][/size]

I am still unsure if this is a question as in, "I don't know what to do in the game?"

Or, "This game is just about killing."

Either way the game is indeed very much centered around violence, drugs, and to some extent, sex.

It does however give you a very large amount of freedom, in a virtual, living, breathing, city.

If you simply want to get away from the violence, try giving something back to vice city by doing things like chasing criminals in vigil-anti mode, putting out fires in firefighter mode, or saving people?s lives in the paramedic mode.

To access these, simply go to a Fire tuck, Police car, or Ambulance and press R3.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Shade [/i]
[B]But my PS2 controller doesn't have the L3 or R3 buttons. [/B][/QUOTE]

Actually it does, you see the two analog sticks on your controller, you could push them down. ;)

You could always pop a wheelie on certain motorcycles, or just cruise around the beautiful city while listening to the radio. Its quite fun, enjoy!

Heh, pie is good. What i wouldn't do for a steak and cheese Pie right about now.

I guess you have just started the game, well, do a few missions and you will eventually be able to roam as you please, this is basically what the game is about, roaming.

As for those other islands you see, they will also be unlocked after certain missions are completed.

My suggestion to you is to do a few missions, they will also help you to understand the game better, and give you a few hints and tips.

[size=1][color=darkblue]No Shade, that would be a little bit too wierd. However, you can go into shops and hold them up, so they give you money. But then, they ring the alarm, which is very annoying, but you do get money, so it's worth it. I hope that answers your crazy old 'ransom' question[/color][/size]

[color=red]You mean to say you have never played a GTA game in your life? Well if you have they are all basically the same, just based in different locations with different characters, with a few extra addons really.

Just don't use too many cheats or you will have plenty of technical flaws which are HIGHLY annoying! :mad:

As for ransom, well I think alexus has explained that! :)[/color]

Oh come on, how lazy are you lol? Go on search engines or whatever! Did you ever think of trying the obvious?

[URL=http://www.gtavicecity.com]Click here[/URL]

This is the official site, but there are plenty others and if you need any more details on the game I suggest you take a peek! :)

I had a very strange run in with a big group of cops on vice city it was a real strange but i was 1 star away from the army and there was a huge group of cops and fbi agents. who were shooting me with guns but i wasnt taking any damage!!!!

Then all the cops ran after each other and started shooting each other??? so i think better get outta here so i hijack a car and there is still a pasenger in there so a cop pulls him out and they all shoot the poor man and keep shooting him then his body dissapeared along with my whanted lv ?????????????????????????????????

anyone know why?

well no as in Gta vice city and gta III you can't use your hands to perform actions well apart from opening car doors and punching if you have the punch as your weapon. I think that answers your questions. Maybe if you followed bigcajones advice and had a look in search engines for gta vice city and the official site then it would give you more advice rather than posting about a game that is very easy to find information on.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Shade [/i]
[B]Thanks. Now, in Vice City, can you use people as human shields? (Like in The Getaway, a more perverted and realistic version of GTA.) [/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=crimson]Yes you shouldn't be so lazy, and LOOK for yourself Shade. I just wanted to bring up a point and say what do you mean a more perverted??? I'm really struggling to work out what you mean by than and how it comes into concept in this particular conversation. I agree on one thing though, the fact that The Getaway is more realistic, but then there are less things you can do, so really you can't win. :worried:[/COLOR]

Last night I had another good episode of GTA VC. Jumping ramps over the canal, ya know the ones. Chasing after people breaking the laws(people who run red lights, run over people, or speed- its fun) and just cruise around listenin to the radio. O and not to forget I also did some snipin on the lifehouse-just to get my killin' in.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by jitoya [/i]
[B]Another time i was having a car chase so i stopped and the cops diddnt and they drove straight pass me and hit a road block and blew up and the road block was compleatly destroyed (and they tell us not to drink and drive)[/B][/QUOTE]

This really isn't a glitch. It's kind of a chase factor though. When they cops are persuing you, you ultimately have the advantage, even if you're in a slower car. Why? Because you command where to turn, where you make wacky and slick turnabouts, and where you stop dead and watch them go flying past you, ala your post.

The game AI is very smart at certain times, but nothing can match the superior judgement of free will.

This is really bothering me. While watching a video of the M60 firing from [url]www.gtavicecity.com[/url], you see that the camera is about even with Tommy's kneecap, and inbetween the center of his body and his right shoulder. Moreover, the camera doesn't swing around to behind him when he shoots. Is this just a developer's pre-completed gimmick to make things look cooler, or can this been achieved in actual gameplay?

The reason why I ask is because I want to be able to do that. Make it more like a TV show or movie than a shooter. =/