OtakuBoards

GTA Vice City Discussion

Tommy Vercetti

I had a similar occurence when I hired a ps2 this weekend. I put the girls folow tommy cheat on, And then picked on a hapless cop walking his beat. Then the cop turned around, yelled Freeze! and, busted one of the girls that was following me. I punched him again, and this time, he knew it was me, and started fighting back. The girls that were following me wasted the cop!

I know this isn't a regular feature of the cheat, as I did that another 10 times, and besides the accidental hitting of the girls to get to me, it never occured again.

Another funny thing happened. I landed my helicopter really fast onto the water, it was thrown into blue hell, and respawned back in the air, fully functioning. Wierd!

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread is just to compare records that you have set in Grand Theft Auto: Vice City.

[b]Longest Insane Jump[/b]: approx. 230 ft.

[b]Greatest Insane Jump Rotation[/b]: 330+ degrees

[b]Most Damage Created[/b]: $6.5 million

[b]Highest Vigilante Level[/b]: Lvl 45 in a Hunter VTOL.

[b]Most Money Collected[/b]: $3 million

That is all I can think of for now.

Ok i used dodo cheat and was flying the tank and i flew on top of a buliding on the second island and landed then fell through the buliding into blue hell and then ended up on the 1st island again with my tank on fire

and we all know what happend next

KABOOM

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by jitoya [/i]
[B]
and the last time was when i was flying a police chopper and they were chasing me so i fly beside a building and they were above and were dropping more police on top of me who were all getting cut up by my blades stupid or what
[/B][/QUOTE]

I tried this whe I hired a ps2 this weekend, D@mn helicopter pilot mustve grown a brain. When I was in the tank, he kept dropping police from the helicopter, but when I went ot the police station and got in the chopper, and let him drop police on my blades, he just kept shooting at me. And we all know what happened after tha....

KaBoom!

or it would have, save for the uselfull health cheat :devil:

my longest jump is 300 ft, also today I did some more awesome chases. During one of them though I tried to steel a car and the guy wouldnt get out and I was just sitting there in the passenger seat, while cops were shooting at me. So then I get out and shoot the guy , but the cops were swarming and I just couldnt get out.

Guest Calza_Meriadoc
Yeah I think The Job and the Keep Your Friends Close were the hardest.

The Job took me the most amount of goes because like what Neo C posted Phil kept getting run over by Hillary. Sigh. Also it was annoying because you'd get almost to the end of the mission then have to start over and it was damn long.

On Keep Your Friends Close there are many different ways of completing it. (Don't read if you haven't finished the Final Mission.) Especially when you don't have the sea sparrow at your mansion.
One good strategy is to run past Sonny and shoot him from across the street with the sniper rifle. He doesn't follow you or turn around and you don't have to worry about his gun-wielding buddies.

The two missions I think are good being hard because they both have a major build up. I hate it when missions are hard when they don?t have much relevance to the plot.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Medra [/i]
[B]Hell, I beat that one on the first try.

In any case, I think, and this is as far as I've gotten in three days, that when you have to beat Hilary in the street race is the worst yet. Sentinel against a Banshee? *shudders* [/B][/QUOTE]
The exact opposite for me. The one where Lance is held captive was so hard for me, I had to let my brother beat it, and it took him a while as well. It was the hardest one in the game, in my opinion, to where no other mission comes close.

Especially this one. Before I heard it, I heard from friends that the mission was really hard, and they just couldn't beat it, but it only took me one or two tries. A lot of luck was in that, though, since I would hit him 180 degrees around at the first turn or something, and I just went as fast as I could for the rest of the race.

• 2 weeks later...
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Black_Phoenix [/i]
[B]This thread is just to compare records that you have set in Grand Theft Auto: Vice City.

[b]Longest Insane Jump[/b]: approx. 230 ft.

[b]Greatest Insane Jump Rotation[/b]: 330+ degrees

[b]Most Damage Created[/b]: $6.5 million

[b]Highest Vigilante Level[/b]: Lvl 45 in a Hunter VTOL.

[b]Most Money Collected[/b]: $3 million

That is all I can think of for now. [/B][/QUOTE]

Hah! That's it?

[b]Longest Insane Jump:[/b] 107 m

[b]Greatest Insane Jump Rotation:[/b]439 degrees

[b]Property Destroyed:[/b] $9,538,013

[b]Highest Vigilante Mission Level:[/b] 101

[b]Times Busted in 233 days in the game with 67 hours and 7 minutes of play:[/b] 9

[b]Current Cash Amount:[/b] $102,164,378

[b]Highest Media Attention:[/b] 2,860; Stuff Of Legends

Hey i just got a PS2 and my frind lent me GTA 3. Its an OK game so far but it sucks that we are in the same city. My friend toldme we could hijack boats, go over the bridge which is under construction etc. and that there is a lot moore to GTA 3 than the first city. After how many missions can u go to other citites. I am currently in the missions involving the BIG DON with the mafia car and all.

[color=teal]Well you have to do mafia missions with Salvatino (sp?) for the second time round and there will be a [spoiler]trick[/spoiler] mission you will have to do. Basically you do missions with on someone on your map under S and then when the S disappears and comes back again that's when the bridge will stop being under construction. After that there is another island as well you can unlock after doing a series of missions. It is a pretty good game especially of its time!

If you really want to get over the bridge and your extremely impatient I suggest you use the flying dodo cheat if you know it. It should be on most cheat sites, although it's not great when you fly over the bridge, because you still have to do the missions in the end anyway!

Hopefully that helped. :toothy: This will most likely get merged with the GTA discussion by the way. [/color]

wouldnt GTA VC be cool if it was on computers and you can play multy player like on the internet! Can somebody tell me codes for GTA VC?

Has anyone heard more news about the new Gta's supposedly coming out?? i think it was called Gta Sin City and another one but i have forgotten when i last saw the thread about but seeing as this has been merged into one big thread i am quite confused. I think Gta should be a 2 player game because it would be really funny if you could do missions together and have side games like a cops and robbers style chase. Perhaps if there was a Gta World where you could travel to some main destinations in the world as it would be very hard to make an accurate world lol.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by GhostofSalvtore [/i]
[B]Well IGN has been giving rumors bout GTA: San Andreas, but just rumors, there is supposed to be a site called gtasandandreas and someone from R* created it, or knew bout it, or something, I don't know the details. [/B][/QUOTE]

A member of the Rockstar design team has bought/registered that domain, IGN interpreted this as a sign this will indeed be the next GTA game.

Interpret it anyway you like, no one really knows what?s going on O_o

• 3 weeks later...
[size=1][color=darkblue]

I was wondering if anyone could give me tips to do the mission Guardian Angels, I seem to be a bit stuck.

I finally got my ps2, so I'm not hiring now, which means, I cam now do the missions for GTA 3 and VC, but i am really stuck on this one.

Also, how many missions do you have to complete to unlock island 2?
[/size][/color]

Guardian Angels?

I think (It's been a while) that is the one where you and Lance have to defend Diaz and his cronies.

First tip; don't use the weapon they give you.

Second tip; don't stand in the place the tell you.

Here's what you do. Jump down to the same level as Diaz and pull out either your Chrome shotgun (get from cop cars) or just an Ingram. When they guys come just use the auto aim and take them out, a lot easier than first person aiming.

[size=1][color=blue] Thanks NeoC, that works a heck of alot better. Now I just need to catch that hatian on the motorcycle, I'm just not that good in car chases in general, heck, it took me 10 munutes and 3 cars or so to "waste the wife" :p .

It is also interesting to notice that when I do the missions for GTA 3, I'm trying to punch cars sometimes :p I just forget that you can't do that in GTA3. [/size][/color]

Prestongraff, if you give more details and put more effort into your posts people will be able to help you out.

Example:

[QUOTE]
[B][size=1][color=darkblue]

I was wondering if anyone could give me tips to do the mission Guardian Angels, I seem to be a bit stuck.

I finally got my ps2, so I'm not hiring now, which means, I cam now do the missions for GTA 3 and VC, but i am really stuck on this one.

Also, how many missions do you have to complete to unlock island 2?
[/size][/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

With something like that you can tell us in detail what you are doing, or where you are stuck, it means we can help you and it saves beating around the bush, so to speak.

Personally i found GTA VC easier, but not in comparison. What i mean is since i played GTA3 i have improved my skills and so when i picked up vice city it was naturally easier.

In vice city there was that tad of repetitiveness. Like when i first saw a fire truck in GTA3 i got out, stopped my mission, and starting ramming people with it, and i didn?t stop for a while, lol. But in Vice city it was a sort of, "Oh yeah, there's a fire truck, there's a trash master", it was like it had all been done before. But of course they annulled that factor with the motorcycles and helicopters.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by NeoCactuar [/i]
In vice city there was that tad of repetitiveness. Like when i first saw a fire truck in GTA3 i got out, stopped my mission, and starting ramming people with it, and i didn?t stop for a while, lol. But in Vice city it was a sort of, "Oh yeah, there's a fire truck, there's a trash master", it was like it had all been done before. But of course they annulled that factor with the motorcycles and helicopters. [/B][/QUOTE]

[size=1][color=darkblue]I did that when i first saw the fire truck in GTA 2 lol.

Those helicopters are kick ***, especially the Hunter, I have a friend who has a save that's complete enough for him to have the Hunter at Fort Baxter (100 hidden packages) but not so far advanced to have the cop uniform, so we were extremely lucky to be able to get it out and take it for a test run

Brown Thunder kicks :p

EDIT: Does anyone know where you can get the sea plane from? where in the airport? I can't find it. I thought it might be the sea sparrow (80 hidden packages) but that was a wire frame helicopter [/size][/color]