OtakuBoards

The Yu-Gi-Oh CARD Advice Thread

Shy

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Say you have a La Jinn on the field, with an attack power of 1800. Your opponent attacks with a Dark Elf, with an attack power of 2000.

Using BoDR, you pay 300 life points to decrease the Elf's attack (and defense) by 300 points, leaving it at 1700, and thus too weak to survive fighting La Jinn. Dark Elf is destroyed, your monster survives and your opponent looses 100 LP.

That's how BoDR works: you pay life points equal to the amount that you want to weaken your opponent's monsters when either they attack you or you attack them.

Okay, I have a question that'a been bugging me fora bit:

The Forgiving Maiden's text says that if she is face up, you may tribute her to return one monster destroyed in battle [b] this turn[/b] to youre hand.

Well, because monster effects have a spell speed of one, and therefore can only be activated in your Main Phases, doesn't that mean that FM's effect can't ever be used, because it can't be triggered on your opponent's turn?

If I'm right, then the only way it could be used is if you attack an opposing monster with a weaker monster. Is this correct, or am I off base?

Yes, it can only be used during your turn. Its effect is used if your monster is destroyed when attacking and opposing monster and gets destroyed by battle. It's kind of good if you're trying to get rid of an opposing monster with an equal attack to one of your monster. Like if you have Thunder Nyan Nyan on the field and your opponent has a Gemini Elf on the field in ATK. You can attack there Gemini Elf. They would both be destroyed. Then you could summon The Forgiving Maiden and Tribute it in Main Phase 2 and bring back your Thunder Nyan Nyan.

Okay, but that is the last timer. ^_^ Everyone pay attention!

Bark of Dark Ruler is a normal Trap card, so it's destroyed after one use. Also, you need a fiend-type monster on the field to use it.

You activate it when either a) an opponent attacks or b) you attack an opponent (After setting it for a turn first, of course.)

With BoDR, you are allowed to give up life points (in incraments of 100) to lower an opposing monster's attack and defense by the same amount of life points you loose. (IE: If you give up 500 LP, a BEWD will have its stats lowered to 2500/2000, if you give 700, they will be 2200/1800, etc. )

Ideally, you want to lower the opposing monster until your monster can destroy it.

However, BoDR really isn't all the great b/c a) It's only for Fiend decks, and b) it can only be used once.

Guest Altron Gundam
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Exodus [/i]
[B]Okay, I've got a question:

I'm getting [b]Masked Beast Death Guardius[/b] very, very soon. Since it's a Japanese Promo Card, can I play it in offacial tournaments here in America? [/B][/QUOTE]

Although JP cards are better, and JP players are better, sry man, but no. XD

Even if you did get Guardius do you even know how to summon it? Its not that Chosen One crap the anime showed. You must sacrifice two monsters like a normal summon, BUT one of those monsters sacrificed must be Four Faced Melkid Beast or Cursed Gyura(e. Grand Tiki Elder).

It depends what your theme is- things like United We Stand and Mage Power are good in any Deck because they are both powerful and can be equipped to any monster. Others like that are Axe of Despair and Malevolent Nuzzler. Otherwise, you may need type-specific equips (e.g. Lightning Blade and Fusion Sword Murasame Blade for Warriors)

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Altron Gundam [/i]
[B]Although JP cards are better, and JP players are better, sry man, but no. XD

Even if you did get Guardius do you even know how to summon it? Its not that Chosen One crap the anime showed. You must sacrifice two monsters like a normal summon, BUT one of those monsters sacrificed must be Four Faced Melkid Beast or Cursed Gyura(e. Grand Tiki Elder). [/B][/QUOTE]

Yes, [b]I do know[/b] how to summon it, and I did get Grand Tiki Elder and Melchid the Four-Face Beast so I could be able to summon it.

Thanks Domon, and Altron, for answering my question.