OtakuBoards

The Yu-Gi-Oh CARD Advice Thread

Shy

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Build a deck around him if your going to use him.

Ok i got bored one day and started reading my cards VEARY carefully and i stubled on to a odd wording on premature burial. The way i it said looks like it means pay 800 life points bring back a monster from your graveyard and play it in attack mode, BUT you cloud use this effect more then once you just pay 800 life points each time you want to bring a new monster back

Yes it sounds odd but it looks that way. Tell me if i'm wrong because i hope i am.

Toons are pretty good if properly used. So what if they drain your LP when they attack? If you've got a B.E.T.D., it's a 6:1 ratio of damage. 5:1 for a Toon Summoned Skull.

All you need are cards to protect Toon World, that's their primary weakness.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by gouf [/i]
[B]The way i it said looks like it means pay 800 life points bring back A monster from your graveyard and play it in attack mode, [/B][/QUOTE]
Your answer is right there Gouf. to bring back a monster. it would have been sweet though if you were able to bring back more than one though eh! i have a good question for you. the card soul exchange. can you use this card to offer two of your opponents monsters for a blue eyes?

Soul Exchange cannot be used for a two tribute monster for example you play soul exchange and tribute two of your opponents monster for the blue eyes, that cannot be done neither can you tribute one of your opponents monster and one of your own for a two tribute monster. Soul Exchange may only be used for a monster card effect or a one tribute monster summoning.

No... I am pretty sure you cannot because i remember reading something about it only being able to tribute for a level 5 or 6 monster and effects such as catapult turtles and cannon soldiers. If you dont believe me you can go check online and i think the article said it got changed recently.

Can Spirit Reaper be destroyed by battle when it is face down in defense position.

Example:

Spirit Reaper is set in defense mode, spear dragon attacks spirit reaper. Spirit reaper would take 1700 but is it destroyed?

I've heard that if you Change of Heart a Spirit Reaper it is not destroyed because it's effect is not activated while it is face down.
So wouldn't it be the same when it is attacked?

Thanks for the help.

Guest Altron Gundam
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by DarkEternity [/i]
[B]Can Spirit Reaper be destroyed by battle when it is face down in defense position.

Example:

Spirit Reaper is set in defense mode, spear dragon attacks spirit reaper. Spirit reaper would take 1700 but is it destroyed?

I've heard that if you Change of Heart a Spirit Reaper it is not destroyed because it's effect is not activated while it is face down.
So wouldn't it be the same when it is attacked?

Thanks for the help. [/B][/QUOTE]

Actually no matter what the mode..if targeted by a monster effect, magic effect, or trap effect, it is gone.

Okay, here's the question: is there such a thing as too much speed?

I'm planning the latest version of my Warrior elemental deck, and currently have: Pot of Greed, Graceful Charity, WotBF, Sangan, two copies of "Reinforcements of the Army" and one Mirage of Nightmare. (I ditched Freed when I found out Jinzo will be in the new Joey Tin; I'll snap one up as soon as I can. =) )

So, that's seven cards with draw power. Witch, Sangan, and Reinforcements are targeted searchers, too. PoG, GC and MoN aren't targeted, but allow for more drawing power.

Do I have too much draw power here? Am I in danger of decking myself constantly?

Okay Solo, I am asking for my brother..I think he means which card/monster does the most damage while its own life points stay intact, I really couldnt tell you..I have just started watching the episodes w/the brothers so I really cant say too much...but he wanted me to ask

It depends- a lot of the monsters with high attack power often have a drawback- with Level 4 monsters, for example, Goblin Attack Force has 2300, much more than any other Level four monster, but it has a DEF of 0, and is placed into Defence mode for two turns after it attacks.

On the other end of the scale, you have Blue Eyes with 3000 ATK, which takes two Tributes to summon to the field. I think that's the strongest Normal Summon monster without any annoying drawbacks that there is. Cards like The Masked Beast are powerful, but you need all the rigmorale of the ritual cards and things like that to back it up, which can be a pain if all you need is one card. That's the same with Fusion monsters.

It also depends on your brothers' tastes. Once he knows what sort of Deck he wants it's easier to give better advice over which cards are the best. And to be honest, I'm still somewhat of a novice myself.

Okay, thanx Solo. I will have to tell him, I am not sure if he has Blue Eyes, I dont see why he wouldnt, he already has over 200 cards and he just started about 3 months ago..I dont know if thats good or bad. You know more about this than I do, I wasnt really into the dueling w/Yu-Gi-Oh cards or Magic cards..I guess I should huh? Then I could talk to you guys adn understand completely what you are talking about, lol...but once again thanx

In the CCG, the Gods are illegal. They're strictly promos, and have no effects written on them. As such, there are no card rulings regarding them.

If, however, you want to use them for casual play, (I'll admit I'd like to slip Obilisk into my Warrior deck), you must agree with your opponent on the rules ahead of time, regarding magics and whatnot.

If you want to follow the anime/manga, no magic or traps effect them while they are on the field.

However, were they legal, I would think that HoH (and Solemn Judgement) would work on them because their self-protection effect only works while they're on the field, and HOH & SJ prevent them from reaching the field. (In the same way, HOH & SJ stop Jinzo from being summoned; his trap nullification effect doesn't work until he hits the field, and HOH stops that from happening.)

Don't ask for any further clarifications; as I said, they are banned at tournies and have no rulings. The preceeding was strictly my own conjecture.

Help! I'm making a Red Eyes deck and have all the fixing but I don't know if should make the main hitter Metoer Black Dragon or Black Skull Dragon. Who would be easier to get out on the field. I could search for the Meteor Dragon using Lord of Dragon but he takes to sacrifices or I could wait for Summon Skull to come up by using plain luck(I have three of them) but he needs only one sacrifice. Which one should I use?