OtakuBoards

The Yu-Gi-Oh CARD Advice Thread

Shy

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can some one please explain the Necrovalley card for me. I know that when it's face up on the field all effects of magic,traps, and effect cards that involve graveyards are negated and neither player can remove cards from game, but what does it mean "involve graveyards".? Does that mean cards like monster reborn and call of haunted are negated, or the effacts of cards like sangan and WOBF are negated ?.

All of the cards you listed are negated, I believe, as are Sinister Serpant, Hell Poemer, Marie the Fallen One, Kycoo, Bazoo and others. Basically, if an effect takes place after/during a card is in the graveyard, NecroValley negates it for oth you and your opponent.

Griggle atk 350 def 300 effect when this card is faceup on the field and control shifts to your opponent, you gain 3000 life points. this effect can only be used once as long as this card remains faceup on the field

is this a good card to have in a deck? and what does it mean by the control? does it mean they have to control the monster or just when its their turn?

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Crimson [/i]
[B]What are some good combos with Imperial Order? [/B][/QUOTE]

Well, Solemn Wishes would be good; it could help you when you have to pay 500 LP per standby phase. But they're both traps, so watch out for Jinzo.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Solo Tremaine [/i]
[B]According to UpperDeck's restriction list, you can only have one (Graceful Charity) in a Deck. That must be a fairly recent change, unless I'm slow... [/B][/QUOTE]

UpperDeck very recently changed restrictions, to name a few:

Limiter Removal is no longer restricted.
Witch of the Black Forest is Restricted on 1.

and the said.

The card Necrovalley says that any card having to do with graveyardes are negated when play while Necrovalley is on the field. Does that mean the card has to mention "graveyard" in its ability? or does it mean ANYTHING having to do with graveyards
(ie discarding, fusions, rituals, etc)

Any effect that activates from within the Graveyard, *or* handles cards within the Graveyard are negated. Cards that activate while in the Graveyard are: Sinister Serpant, Hell Poemer, Marie the Fallen One, to name a few.

Cards that handle the graveyard include Monster Reborn, Call of the Haunted, Premature Burial, Quiz, Kycoo the Ghost Destroyer, Bazoo the soul Eater, Soul Release, The warrior returning Alive, etc.

I'm not sure whether NecroValley affects Witch of the Black Forest, Sangan, or the 1400 Elemental searchers.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Yami Asura [/i]
[B]It doesn't affect WotBF or Sangan, because they're SENT to the Graveyard, not special summoned. [/B][/QUOTE]

I know that; I meant if their effect would activate opnce insidre the graveyard. I think it will, but I'm not positive.

If a card's effect states that it's effect is activated when it's IN the grave or a magic card that lets you dig into your grave yard such as monster revival cards are negated by Necrovalley. Cards like sangan, wotbf, mystic tomato are not negated cause they're effect takes place when SENT so that effect is activated during the process so they are not negated. All monster revivals are negated . At least thats the conclusion i've been able to process.

[I]I am fairly new to Yu-Gi-Oh! (Considering I only bought my first Deck about 2-3 Months ago) but I do think I have some skill.

Anyway, enough rambling, getting to my point. I?ve never really specified in a particular type of card for a deck theme; just your average beat down deck.

My question (Or should I say questions) are:
What cards do you consider essential for an Insect based deck?
And as above but for a water based deck instead.

Thanks for your time and patience.[/I]

Well for an Insect deck definatly go with a DNA Surgery + Insect Barrier combo ( dna call for insect types and with barrier opponent monsters can't attack).Also Drill Bug and Parasite Paraside. Man Eater Bugs are a staple for insects. Swarm of Locust and Swarm of Scarabs are good . The Petit Moth/Cocoon of Evolution/Perfect Gret Moth are the ultimate Insect cards but its hard for a mewbie to do that combo and protect it.

There are more and better Water types than there are Insects.
Gora Turtle is a good card. Amphibian Beast is a good trib monster. Jowl of Demise is a really good card for its effect. A staple water in my opinion is Mother Grizzly. It has Sangans effect and you can have 3, but only good with water monsters. Penguin Soldier is descent. Sinister Serpent is really good. Suijin is the ultimate water monster. Legendary Fisherman is good with Umi combo. Yomi Ship is ok especially for stronger monsters.

I'm not familiar with the water and insect types but hope that helps.

For Water decks, the best field card to go with is A Legendary Ocean.

One of my favorite combos to use for Water-based decks is A Lengendary Ocean + Gravity Bind. If you think about it, it's quite deadly. With these two cards out on your field, you can have an attacking 2000-ATK 7-Colored Fish! Or maybe you don't need Gravity Bind, and still use A Legendary Ocean for 5-Star monsters that won't need tributes anymore (except Legendary Fisherman). And just think, you can get Suijin with just ONE tribute with A Legendary Ocean out.

Oh, I forgot Insect-type cards

For Insects, my favorites include Jirai Gumo (you don't need his effect; he can just sit there like a big wall), and Arsenal Bug, who needs other Insects out on the field to keep his stats at 2000/2000. He's another one that can work under Gravity Bind.

And if you want, you can even have Insect-types work in a Wind deck, like the Flying Kamakiris, Girochin Kuwagata, and Empress Mantis. Combines with Rising Air Current, these monsters are really worth using (especially the Empress; trust me, I know- I've tried it).

Yes, Swarm of Scarabs and Swrm of Locusts are good to use, but only if you can protect them. The best ways for you to use them again and again are by either through Gravity Bind (can you tell I like Gravity Bind? It's so universal!), or by using the Quick-Play Magic card Book of Moon. Another good insect from Pharonic Guardian is 8-Clawed Scorpion. When he attacks a face-down defense monster, his ATK becomes 2400. Combine that with Fairy Meteor Crush, and you have yourself a really tough cookie!