OtakuBoards

The Yu-Gi-Oh CARD Advice Thread

Shy

Can someone tell me why some of the most powerfull monsters in the game are almost frickin impossible to play. Take for instant GATE GUARDIAN , 11 stars 3750/3400. He can only be summon by Kazeji,Suijin,and Sanga as a tribute. Each of those cards are 7 stars. You have to be able to have all 3 on field, protect them and hopefully have G-G in hand. That would be impossible unless they were in grave and you revive one by one and with G-G in hand tribute.

Or what about 5 Gods Dragon, 12 stars 5000/5000. He can only fusion summoned by fusion 5 dragon type monsters. His effect is the best of any monster. Can ONLY be delt damage by LIGHT type monsters. But imagine how hard that would be to summon.

The hardest monster to play would no doubt be Master Dragon Knight with Blue Eyes Ultimate Dragon, 12 stars 5000/5000. He can only be fusion summoned by BEUD and Black Luster/Chaos Soldier. First you would need 3 Blue Eyes out, fuse them to BEUD then have BLS/CS in hand with the ritual card and have the reqired sacrifice monsters out and play those and finish with another polymerization all while protecting them throughout the duel. His attack his seriously good but effect is better, gains 500 atk points for every monster in controlers grave.
He would be impossible to play. It would take both a genius and a master strategist not to mention an expert player to play those cards. So why are the best cards impossible to play.

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, actually...

BEUD counts as one component to the DMK, so if you had a Versago or Goddess with the Truthfuk Eye, you could substituee that in BEUD's place.

But anyone, if monsters like GG & FGD were easy to get out, they would be far too powerful. Why do you think Gemeni Elf was such a big deal? Strongest non-tribute monster with no side-effect.

No, Jinzo #7 is a monster that came out in Metal Raiders, long before we knew who the big Jinzo was. Jinzo #7 is a 500-ATK monster who can attack an opponent's lifepoints directly. Until Inaba White Rabbit came out, he was the biggest direct-attacker.

Here's a question that's been in my head for a while now:

Can Nobleman of Extermination destroy a face down Imperial Order without activating it's effect? One friend says yes, as Imperial Order is not "quick enough" to stop NoE as it's face down. One friend says that it doesn't because you can just use Imperial's effect once NoE is played.

Joey and Pegasus Starter Decks: why cant we use then in official tournies in Ireland/Britian/Europe yet? They have been sold here for what seems to be weeks now, I bought two Pegasus decks myself!

EDIT: just learned they might be legal after all!

EDIT 2: MY CARDS ARE AMERICAN AND 3 ARE MISPRINTED. HAH, OH WELL!

[COLOR=#503F86]The cards aren't legal in UK tournaments because they aren't official UK releases. You have to look for cards which are (for example) SDP-[b]E[/b]001. They won't be tournament legal otherwise, just the same as the rest of the US sets on release in the UK weren't in the one earlier this year.[/COLOR]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by DeathBug [/i]
[B]Yes, it is, although I don't see the point to it, as you would be giving your opponent 1000x life points every other turn. [/B][/QUOTE]

Eye of Truth is actually useful in a Bad Reaction to Simochi deck.

And as for the Dark Sanctuary question, Dark Sanctuary hasn't come out in English yet, so we don't yet know what the rulings for it will be. I'm guessing that it'll be very similar to how it was played on the show.

You can't protect Gravity Bind with Magic Reflector...

Magic Reflector
Group: Magic Card
Type: Magic
Select 1 Magic Card that remains face-up on the field and put 1 counter on it. If the selected card is destroyed, the counter is removed instead of the card being destroyed.

And Prohibition isn't restricted in the slightest.

Here's something I wanna ask, but I dunno if I'm gonna get an answer cause it's kinda silly. This concerns Wall Shadow.

Let's just say I wanna summon it, but the card Magical Labyrinth says that you can only Special Summon Wall Shadow from your Deck. It doesn't say anything about your hand. What would I do if I drew it, but couldn't summon it?