OtakuBoards

The Yu-Gi-Oh CARD Advice Thread

Shy

If I run a Gravekeepers deck and they are Dark types and all but 1 of my monsters are Dark types and I run 2 Mystic Tomatoes should I consider replacing my Wind type Yata-Garasu with a Dark type Don Zaloog?. I've thought about it with DZ being Dark type 1400/1500 and YG being Wind type 200/100, YG can't be special summoned while DZ can. DZ doesn't got to go back to hand at end phase and with higher attack has a better chance of getting his effect used, and I can search for it with my Tomato. I've been considering it and thinks it would be a good decision, but what do you think?.

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[COLOR=#503F86]I'd probably suggest you swap them round. As useful as Yata is, it's not suited to every Deck. And without having the necessary cards to back it up, Yata might be a little slow, and isn't guaranteed to work all the time. Although there's no reason why you can't have both, necessarily.

But it's up to you- play with both and see which suits your theme and gameply style better.

[SIZE=1]P.S.- Zanarkand, this thread is for cards, not codes. They're easy enough to find on a search engine.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

I have two questions concerning two cards whose text seem very open.

1.) Coffin Seller. It says, "Each time your opponent's monsters are sent to the Graveyard, inflict 300 points of direct damage to your opponent's life points. Now, does that include monster Tributes?

2.) A friend of mine sometimes uses HIS Elegant Egotist on MY Harpy Lady, saying that it allows it to happen because it says, "If there is a Harpy Lady on the field, you may Special Summon one Harpy Lady or one Harpy Lady Sisters from your hand or deck to the field." Now, is he right in doing that?

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by MeNaCe [/i]
[B]no,your opponent cant use elogent egotist on your harpie lady,it has to be his/her harpie lady for it to work [/B][/QUOTE]

YES! I KNEW IT, I KNEW IT, I KNEW IT!!!

[rolls around on the floor evilly]

Oooooh, my friend is gonna be sooo sorry he ever did that to me and my harpies! REVENGE IS MINE!!!! [dons a black cape and jumps out the window like some cliche villain]

Heh... Sorry about that. It's just that my friend always beats me, and that's one of his ways of doing it.... Anyway, on to the question.

Whatever monster he destroys, the controller of him gets to choose whether to keep that dead monster in the graveyard or put it back on top of the opponent's deck.

Yata-Garasu
Group: Fiend/Spirit
Type: Wind
Level:2
Atk: 200
Def: 100
This card cannot be Special Summoned. This card returns to the owner's hand during the End Phase of the turn that it is Normal Summoned, Flip Summoned, or flipped face-up. When this card inflicts Battle Damage to your opponent's Life Points, your opponent skips his/her next Draw Phase.

[COLOR=#503F86]It depends which you think would be more useful to you. In terms of rarity it's probably a perfectly fair deal, assuming they're both genuine cards.

But if you find you'd have no use for an Injection Fairy, there wouldn't be much point in trading it if Yata's going to be more useful to you. So I'd think about it.

As another point- try not to use 'txt' speak, i.e., use full words where you can. Apart from the fact that doing it too much is against the rules, it's just a courtesy for everyone else, really.[/COLOR]

I was looking on a list for the new set of yu-gi-oh! cards coming out and i saw some cards called,x dragon,y dragon and z dragon,xy dragon,yz dragon and xyz dragon.could anyone tell me the deal with theses cards im confused??

Basically they're among a special type of monster called a Union monster, as they can be put together in different combos without using Polymerisation. All three of the X, Y and Z dragons can combine to make one big monster, put together in two if all three aren't available, or played as single monsters.

Are these the cards you're talking about?

X-HEAD CANNON
Main Type: Light
Sub-Type: Machine
Level: 4
ATK/DEF: 1800/1500

Y-DRAGON HEAD
Sub-Type: Machine/Effect/Union
ATK/DEF: 1500/1600
Once per turn during your Main Phase, you may change this card to an Equipment card, and Equip it on 1 of your [X-Head Cannon], or remove it from being an Equipment card, and place it in face-up attack mode. While this card is an Equipment card, increase the Equipped Monster's attack and defense strengths by 400. (A Monster can only have one Union Equipment card Equipped on it. If the Equipped Monster would be destroyed by Battle, destroy this card instead.)

Z-METAL CATERPILLAR
Sub-Type: Machine/Effect/Union
ATK/DEF: 1500/1300
Once per turn during your Main Phase, you may change this card to an Equipment card, and Equip it on 1 of your [X-Head Cannon] or [Y-Dragon Head], or remove it from being an Equipment card, and place it in face-up attack mode. While this card is an Equipment card, increase the Equipped Monster's attack and defense strengths by 600. (A Monster can only have one Union Equipment card Equipped on it. If the Equipped Monster would be destroyed by Battle, destroy this card instead.)

XY-DRAGON CANNON
Sub-Type: Machine/Fusion/Effect
Level: 6
ATK/DEF: 2200/1900
[X-Head Cannon] + [Y-Dragon Head]
Remove the required Monsters on your Field from the game in order to Special Summon this Monster (the [Polymerization] card is not needed and not used). Discard 1 card from your hand to destroy 1 of your opponent's face-up Magic or Trap card on the Field.

XYZ-DRAGON CANNON
Level: 8
ATK/DEF: 2800/2500
[X-Head Cannon] + [Y-Dragon Head] + [Z-Metal Caterpillar]
Remove the required Monsters on your Field from the game in order to Special Summon this Monster (the [Polymerization] card is not needed and not used). Discard 1 card from your hand to destroy 1 of your opponent's cards on the Field.

XZ-CATERPILLAR CANNON
ATK/DEF: 2400/2100
[X-Head Cannon] + [Z-Metal Caterpillar]
Remove the required Monsters on your Field from the game in order to Special Summon this Monster (the [Polymerization] card is not needed and not used). Discard 1 card from your hand to destroy 1 of your opponent's face-down Magic or Trap cards on the Field.

YZ-CATERPILLAR DRAGON
Sub-Type: Machine/Fusion/ Effect
ATK/DEF: 2100/2100
[Y-Dragon Head] + [Z-Metal Caterpillar]
Remove the required Monsters on your Field from the game in order to Special Summon this Monster (the [Polymerization] card is not needed and not used). Discard 1 card from your hand to destroy 1 of your opponent's face-down Monsters on the Field.

From Pojo's site:

PGD-106 Nightmare Wheel ---Ultra Rare

Trap Card: Continuous

Select 1 monster. As long as this card remains face-up on the field, the selected monster cannot attack or change its battle position except by the effect of a Magic, Trap, or Effect Monster Card. This card inflicts 500 points of Direct Damage to your opponent?s Life Points during each of your Standby Phases. When the selected monster is destroyed or removed from the field, this card is also destroyed.

For Red-Moon Baby's effect, when it destroys a monster it's special summoned, but is it special summoned for that one turn, or for the rest of the duel. (unless it's destroyed yada yada yada)

Another question. Can you use Solemn Judgment to prevent Jinzo from being summoned?

And one MORE question I want to ask is my friend said that Solemn Judgment had a very high spell speed and it couldn't be effected by 7 tools of the bandit, and that only another Solemn Judgment. Is this true?

For one thing, 7 Tools can only negate and destroy a trap card that an opponent activates, and it works on all traps as far as I know. And as for Red Moon Baby, I believe it keeps the control of the Special Summoned card until it's removed from the field.

I dunno about the Jinzo question... The first card off the top of my head that can destroy him at first glance is the quick-play card Offerings to the Doomed.

The question about the Jinzo is right. You can use the card Solemn Judgement to prevent Jinzo from being summoned. Why? Because It prevents cards from being ACTIVATED and not summoned so therefore Jinzo's effect is useless to this cards mighty power muhahahaha. of course the effect of Solemn Judgement isnt the best.