OtakuBoards

The Yu-Gi-Oh CARD Advice Thread

Shy

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You could...

But there are better monsters you could use. A GAF, Giant Orc or Zombyra the Dark could quite easily walk all over Dark Elf, and if you're not on the offensive, your opponent'll try taking control of the match. The one monster you don't destroy by using Dark Elf to stall could be sacrificed next turn for something like Jinzo.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Crimson [/i]
[B]For Red-Moon Baby's effect, when it destroys a monster it's special summoned, but is it special summoned for that one turn, or for the rest of the duel. (unless it's destroyed yada yada yada)

Another question. Can you use Solemn Judgment to prevent Jinzo from being summoned?

And one MORE question I want to ask is my friend said that Solemn Judgment had a very high spell speed and it couldn't be effected by 7 tools of the bandit, and that only another Solemn Judgment. Is this true? [/B][/QUOTE]

-You keep control of the monster until it is removed from the field or until your opponent gains control of it through a card like Creature Swap.

-Solemn Judgement negates Jinzo's summoning, so his effect isn't activated. Short answer: Yes, you can

-Seven Tools of the Bandit and Solemn Judgement are both counter trap cards, so they have the same spell speed. Counter trap cards have the highest spell speed, so Seven Tools of the Bandit can stop any trap.

I've been bothered by this for a while:

I was dueling someone and I had a Cyber Jar face-down. When he attacked it I flipped it face-up, and he used Solemn Judgement to stop Cyber Jar, but the rule book says that a monster that is flipped face-up in battle is not considered summoned, but it's flip effect is still activated. Solemn Judgement negates the summoning of a monster, but according to the rule book Cyber Jar wasn't even considered summoned.

So should he have been able to use Solemn Judgement on my monster?

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Alexander [/i]
[B]Um, bad idea with Aqua Madoor as an aqua blocker. It's a good Water-based defender, but once Umiiruka is out, his stats go to 1700/1600....not too impressive.

Generally, I use blockers with a different elemental type than my main attack force for that reason.

Kunai with Chain and Magic Metal Force are both equip traps. I would say 1 Legendary Fisherman, and two fisherbeasts. (Aren't those 2400 Attack? Vicous!) Plus, isn't the Legendary fisherman impossible to attack with Umi out? If he's your only monster, you're opponent CAN'T ATTACK AT ALL. [/B][/QUOTE]

I've heard elsewhere that if you have a Legendary Fisherman out, and Umi or Legendary Ocean is out, and you have no other monsters, then your opponent can attack you directly.

Oh, wait. I thought that quote was on the last page, but it was the first. It was probably corrected by now. Sorry.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Digital Monster [/i]
[B]This is the highly religious people thinking all mentioning of Magic is evil again. They've changed 'Magic Cards' to 'Spell Cards'. Spell counters are the same as the normal magic counters, but with the name change, I think. [/B][/QUOTE]

Actually, I heard that Upperdeck changed it because of a fued going on between them and the guys who made Magic: The Gathering. The Magic dudes got miffed with Upperdeck, and claimed that they weren't being "original" with the term Magic card. So they changed it to settle the matter.

[SIZE=1][COLOR=#503F86][b]Try not to triple-post, please. Use the 'Edit' button underneath the first post if there's something you want to change. You can delete posts in this way also. -Solo[/SIZE][/COLOR][/b]

Guest Goddess
What is the ideal size for a deck?

I have a deck, which is quite weak, and I've been adding more and more cards. I tend to play defensively, regardless of what's in my deck, and so it's based on things like that(of course, I carry things like Labrrinth Wall, and Prevent rat, plus Sword and Shield).

Since I've been adding cards and what not, what would be a reccomended size, and why?

Guest Goddess
Alright, thanks. That does make sense.....

One other question, can you activate a trap card during the same turn you set it? I was playing some guy, and that's what he said...if he hadn't used the card, I would have won. I think he used Waboku...or something like that.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Digital Monster [/i]
[B]This is the highly religious people thinking all mentioning of Magic is evil again. They've changed 'Magic Cards' to 'Spell Cards'. Spell counters are the same as the normal magic counters, but with the name change, I think. [/B][/QUOTE]

actually it was wizard of the coast/magic the gathering people saying they'll sue if the cards werent changed

Guest Altron Gundam
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Domon [/i]
[B]No, seeing as how Imperial Order negates all magic cards that hit the field. So therefore MST couldn't touch Imperial Order. [/B][/QUOTE]

Actually you're wrong.

If an MST is chained in response to an Imperial Decree, MST is instant magic, with spell speed 3, and Decree has spell speed 2 or 3(not sure), spell speed and activation are resolved FIRST before effects are. Thus MST's effect comes first, and hits the Decree. Decree is dead. Either way, since Cyclone has equal to or great spell speed than Decree, Cyclone can chain.

But you're forgetting one major part about Quick Play cards, they have to be set. So if you opponent had already activated an Imperial Order before you set MST it would be negated and therefore you could not use it. Now I'm going to go out on a limb here because I need to check the offical site but I'm pretty sure that Imperial order can only be chained with Seven Tools.