OtakuBoards

The Yu-Gi-Oh CARD Advice Thread

Shy

That's not what UD is saying.

[QUOTE][i]Posted on Konami's American Yu-Gi-Oh! site[/i]
[B]Upper Deck Entertainment today announces a change to the world wide phenomenon Yu-Gi-Oh! TRADING CARD GAME. Beginning with the release of Magician's Force, all Magic cards will now be titled Spell cards. This change was necessary in maintaining consistency with story themes throughout the trading card game. This change is not intended to interfere with game play but will help to strengthen the overall story line of the game that millions world wide enjoy playing. [/B][/QUOTE]

How does changing Magic cards to Spell cards maintain the consistency with story themes?

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey if any one wants a little heads up on SOME of the PGD rulings, go to this site. It's got a couple of early out rulings on some cards..[url]http://pub209.ezboard.com/fpojosezboardfrm89.showMessage?topicID=10028.topic[/url]
It's from the official konami demo teams rulings.
( I especially like the info on Necrovalley )

Only 2 tributes.

If it was different, there'd be something on the site or in the rulebook about it, and there isn't.

3 sacrifices are only required for Gods and cards that require them for their effect (Moisture Creature, Gilford the Lightning).

[COLOR=#503F86]I have some questions, if someone would be so kind:

1: My opponent destroys my Mystical Knight of Jackal with Sword Hunter (with Gaia Power as a boost, in case you're wondering). My Mystical Knight then goes to his side of the field, where it is treated as a Spell magic Card. If I play Giant Trunade, whose hand does it go back to, mine or my opponent's? I figured that because it was my card, I'd get it back. But he thought it'd go to him, seeing as it was under his control. Advice, please.

2. Dark Necrofear is destroyed by Raigeki. Is her effect still activated?

3. Can Curse of Royal be chained against Seven Tools of the Bandit and Magic Jammer?

4. What happens to a card put out of play via Different Dimension capsule if DDC is returned ot the owner's hand by Giant Trunade?

Thanks in advance ^_^[/COLOR]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Solo Tremaine [/i]
[B][COLOR=#503F86]I have some questions, if someone would be so kind:

1: My opponent destroys my Mystical Knight of Jackal with Sword Hunter (with Gaia Power as a boost, in case you're wondering). My Mystical Knight then goes to his side of the field, where it is treated as a Spell magic Card. If I play Giant Trunade, whose hand does it go back to, mine or my opponent's? I figured that because it was my card, I'd get it back. But he thought it'd go to him, seeing as it was under his control. Advice, please.

2. Dark Necrofear is destroyed by Raigeki. Is her effect still activated?

3. Can Curse of Royal be chained against Seven Tools of the Bandit and Magic Jammer?

4. What happens to a card put out of play via Different Dimension capsule if DDC is returned ot the owner's hand by Giant Trunade?

Thanks in advance ^_^[/COLOR] [/B][/QUOTE]

These are my answers, but in my opinion; therefore, I could be wrong.

1.) I would say it goes to your opponent, who is controlling it as a Magic card. Only if it were to be destroyed by Heavy Storm would it go into your graveyard, because not only is it dead, but your opponent loses control of it altogether.

2.) It depends on what the card says. If it says that she has to be destroyed by a monster in battle, then that's the only way her effect would work. However, I don't think cards like Raigeki or Dark Hole work on her anyway, because then the one who played Dark Necrofear would have to target one of your monsters- and in Dark Hole's case, there are no monsters to target. So I don't think Magic/Spell cards work.

3.) Curse of Royal can only chain to Magic/Spell cards that act as counter-trap or counter/magic, for just one card that was activated. So yes, it can negate and destroy 7 Tools and Magic Jammer. But not Harpies Feather Duster or Heavy Storm, because in theory, they target more than one card at the same time.

4.) You need to understand the effect of Giant Trunade. Like I said above, I don't think you regain control of Sword Hunter's victims, because Giant Trunade does NOT negate or destroy the effects of the cards returned to the player's hand. Only Heavy Storm can truly destroy a magic or trap card and put it out of play for good, unless it's a trap like Waboku that gets activated as soon as Heavy Storm is in play. See, once a trap like that is activated, its effect can still be used while the card itself goes to the graveyard. Giant Trunade works the same way, but while the effects of all magic and trap cards are still in play, the cards themselves can still be played in the next turn (unless yours or your opponent's hands are cluttered; then they may have to be discarded). This is why Toon duelists MUST have Giant Trunade in their decks, so that the opponent can't destroy their Toon World cards; Giant Trunade can save them from being destroyed, and their effect (allowing Toons to be played) would still be active, until a Harpies Feather Duster or Heavy Storm is activated.

I hope these answers clear things up...

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Snodin [/i]
[B]1.) I would say it goes to your opponent, who is controlling it as a Magic card. Only if it were to be destroyed by Heavy Storm would it go into your graveyard, because not only is it dead, but your opponent loses control of it altogether.[/B][/QUOTE]
[COLOR=#503F86](This applies to 4, too) Giant Trunade returns all Magic and Trap cards to their owner's hands- the question is, when a Magic card is under your opponent's control but comes from your Deck, who does it return to? It's not destroyed at all.

I always gathered that Giant Trunade meant the effects of all face-up magic and Trap cards were then null as of when it was played, so if played when Toon World was on the field, the Toons would be destroyed. I could be wrong- I don't play with Toons and I can't seem to find the link to UD's tournement rules site anymore to look up the rulings.[/COLOR]

[B][QUOTE]2.) It depends on what the card says. If it says that she has to be destroyed by a monster in battle, then that's the only way her effect would work. However, I don't think cards like Raigeki or Dark Hole work on her anyway, because then the one who played Dark Necrofear would have to target one of your monsters- and in Dark Hole's case, there are no monsters to target. So I don't think Magic/Spell cards work.[/B][/QUOTE]
[COLOR=#503F86]DN's effect is activated "if destroyed as a result of Battle or by your opponent's Card Effect". I was just wondering which card effects it meant, heh. Obviously, if it was removed from play without being destroyed it wouldn't count, because it's not destroyed. But I see what you mean about Dark Hole.[/COLOR]

[B][QUOTE]4.) You need to understand the effect of Giant Trunade. Like I said above, I don't think you regain control of Sword Hunter's victims, because Giant Trunade does NOT negate or destroy the effects of the cards returned to the player's hand.[/B][/QUOTE]
[COLOR=#503F86]But if they're not on the field, are they still in play? Their effects shouldn't (in theory) be active from the hand, so as soon as hey leave the field I gathered their effects were void. I'm not trying to argue, I just want to clarify. Card rulings can be incredibly confusing things, heh.[/COLOR]

I can asnwer 1 and 4 in one fell swoop. Any card that was originally yours will come back to your hand. The monster equiped to sword hunter goes back to your hand. Basically the owner gets the card back, not the person using it currently.

If different dimension capsule is destroyed before the two turns, then the card it picked stays out of play.

For the other two I have no idea, chain order is tough

1: it would go back to your hand, since you're the one that owns the card, and your opponent is just controling it.

2: Yes; Card effects means the effects of a monster, magic, or trap card.

3: Yes; it can stop any card that destroys one (and only one) magic/trap card, and since Seven Tools and Magic Jammer negate [I]and[/I] destroy a m/t card, CoR would stop them.

4: My guess would be that the card stays oul of play.

Actually, this is Sword Hunter's effect (it's in front of me):

A monster destroyed by this card becomes an Equip Magic Card. Equip "Sword Hunter" with the card to increase the ATK of this monster by 200 points. The equipped card remains on the feld until this card is destroyed.

Therefore, theoretically, the equipped monster wouldn't be affected - it would go in a magic/spell and trap space. This is so unless a ruling says something is considered destroyed if it returns to a hand.

Oh, by the way...........I'M FINALLY A JUNIOR MEMBER!!!

Now I have a question. In reguards to Immortal of Thunder and Barrel Behind the Door, some people say that it's legal to pull off Immortal's down side effect (you lose 5000 LP when its destroyed and sent to the graveyard) with the Barrel's effect in combo to send the 5000 LP damage to one's opponent. Some other people said that it's not legal. Now my question is, is it legal, and if not, what makes it illegal?

The answer is yes, it is legal. The card Barrel Behind the Door says:

[I]"When an effect that inflicts damage to Life Points is activated (except Battle Damage), switch the damage you receive to your opponent's Life Points."[/I]

Immortal of Thunder says:

[I]"FLIP: You gain 3000 Life Points. After this card is flipped, you lose 5000 Life Points when it is sent from the field to the Graveyard."[/I]

Put the two together and it actually amounts to a great combination.

WTF does this cards effect mean..
Gravekeepers Vassal
Group: Spellcaster /Effect
Type: Dark
Level: 3
Atk: 700
Def: 500
The Battle Damage this cards inflicts to your opponents Lif Points is treated as the Effect Damage of this card.

Does that mean thrue the "effect damage" that this cards attacks lp directly and that is the battle damage cause it's being caused by it's effect ?. I dunno, thats what someone told but this card confuses the hell outa me cause I got 2 of them.

Guest auphiel
i'd like to play the card game but i'm just a beginner. i like the card game. i know the basic rules of the game but i need advice on starting out, like deck building or simply just get me started!!!!!!!!!!! sorry about that. anyone with the know how please stand up! appreciated!:bawl: