OtakuBoards

The Yu-Gi-Oh CARD Advice Thread

Shy

Yeah that's true, you can summon from hand if you have the specific cards plus polymerization in your hand.
Here's another good thing that you could do with B.Skull and De-Fusion. Have SS, REBD, P, and D-F in hand if it's possible . Summon SS and REBD from hand with polymerization. Attack with B.Skull Dragon and possibly clear your opponents field if he only has 1 monster. Then play De-Fusion cause since it's a Quick-Play you can play it during any phase of your turn or have had it SET and flip it. Call back Summoned Skull and REBD and attack with them and if opponents field is clear thats 4900 if direct . If you don't understand that , this is more simpler and different way....
1) Fuse to make him ( if possible from hand )
2)Set De Fusion
3)Clear opponents field with raigeki,MST, etc.
4)Attack opponents lp directly( 4800left if 8000 )
5)Activate De Fusion
6)Get REBD and SS back on field
7)attack with both ( -100)

If you can do that and directly 1 turn kill. Nice huh ?

You can perform fusion if the disired cards are ..
All In Hand
All On Field
in Your Hand And On The Field.

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think that would work, shadowfire.

When you play De-Fusion, that's a Special Summon, and you can't summon monsters smack dab in the middle of your Battle Phase; that would make the Main Phases almost pointless.

But, it [I]is[/I] a quick-play, so I'm not entirely sure what the ruling would be concerning that...*shrug*

[COLOR=#503F86]It would depend whose turn it was and when De-Fusion was activated- if it was flipped during your opponent's turn, you wouldn't be able to attack. If it was during yours, you might well be able to if it was activated during Main Phase 1 of your turn.

Remember, BSD wouldn't be able to attack in the same turn it's summoned either, so it's not quite a one-turn kill. Pretty close, though. The main problem now is getting all of the cards into your hand. In theory it works well, but the only one you know you can get easily is SS with WOTBF. The rest you have to try and draw for, and that could get tricky.[/COLOR]

*When* The Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon comes out, the De-Fusion trick you are suggesting for the Black Skull Dragon will become very interesting. Use Painful Choice could be used to drop the BEWDs, and a Summoner of Illusions to bring out the BEUD. Activate De-Fusion, and all three Blue Eyes are ready to go.
Drop Dragon's Rage and you should be set.

[I]Thanks for the help, but after some careful thinking I'm going to disregard Red-Eyes and re-tweak my deck to make it more appropriate for my theme.

Thanks again.

Also, can anyone tell me the exact effect of Crush Card and what booster it's in? Thanks again...again?[/I]

[url=http://www.stormpages.com/edhrzic/Yugioh.htm]Courtesy of Edo's:[/url]

DECK-DESTRUCTION VIRUS OF DEATH (Crush Card)
Type: Trap Card
Effect: Sacrifice a Dark Main-Type Monster with an attack
strength of 1000 or less and this card. Destroy all of your
opponent's Monsters with attack strength of 1500 or more on the
Field and in his or her hand. For 3 turns, destroy any Monsters
with an attack strength of 1500 or more than your opponent draws.

Not available in English yet, but can be found in both Kaiba Structures and PP5 in Japanese.

Okay, here's a question: "Dagger of Butterflies: Elma". Most of us know the combos with this card.

For those who don't, Elma is the equip version of Sinister Serpant; if it's destroyed, it comes back to you. What you do is attach it to Gearfriend. Gearfried destroys it, and it comes back, repeat ad infinitum. If you have "Magical marrionette", each time a magic card is activated, it gains a spell counter and a power boost. Since you can activate DoB:E an infinate number of times whilst attached to Gearfried, you can power up MM to insane levels.

The other combo is the same, except you have Magic Library on the field. Each time a magic card is activated, the Library gets a counter. Remove three counters to draw a card. Repeat and draw until you have all five Exodia pieces for an instant win.

Anyway, I was thinking, does this card have use as simply a Sinister Serpant-type equip? It only gives a 300 atk boost, but that's usually enough. I mean, isn't the whole reason 1800 attackers were abandoned was because of a measely 100 atk points?

Is this valid, or am I grasping at straws?

[i]Apparently I was grasping ar straws; upon further clarification, DoB: Elma, [b]doesn't[/b] return when the monster it's attached to is destroyed. Let's all watch as it's practicality drops like a rock....[/i]

Elma. Eruma. Whatever you wanna call it, it has its perks that's for sure. I think it was created for combos such as Gearfried/MM, and Royal Magical Library. Like the Magical Scientist, it's for those who want alternate ways to win besides the classic beatdown. There's nothing wrong with that, really; as long as they don't get played out like hit songs. I personally like it, only because it's got a Butterfly theme. I like butterlfies. ^^;

I'd like to ask a question concerning Solomon's Lawbook. It's only effect says, "Skip your own Standby Phase." Now on the surface, it doesn't look like it can do much, but consider all of those continuous trap or magic cards that require you to pay life points to keep them alive, like Mirror Wall. If you were to activate Solomon's Lawbook, does that mean you can get a Mirror Wall (or other trap/spell card) effect for a free turn?

There are cards that requires LP or a monster Tribute to keep active, and "If you cannot, this card is destroyed."

What I'm wondering is, do they literally mean cannot? Or do they mean, [I]will[/I] not?

Mirror Wall is an excellent example. After activation, would it drain your LP until you had less than 2000, or could you choose not to pay the LP in your Standby Phase and let it be destroyed?

All accept one: Archfiend Soldier (normal monster).

I had someone ask me a good question concerning Skill Drain and Jinzo. Skill Drain is a continuous trap card that makes you pay 1000 LP, in order to negate the effect of a monster and (maybe) destroy it. Since Jinzo kills traps, would these two destroy each other, or can one survive when played at a certain time?

Guest Inuyasha7575
I was wonderin what is considered a burner card.

This is My Deck I was hoping you could tell me what cards I need and what I should remove.

Monsters:

Neo The Magic Swordsman
Mystical Elf
Dark Magician
Summoned Skull
Curse of Dragon
Celtic Guardian
Otohime
Gaia The Fierce Knight
Ansatsu
Beaver Warrior
Great Angus