OtakuBoards

The Yu-Gi-Oh CARD Advice Thread

Shy

A "Burner" card is a type of card whose effect reduces your opponent's Life points without monsters attacking.

Final Flame is a burner card. Ookazi is a burner card. Cannon Soldier's effect is a burner effect. In your deck, Mass Driver and Poison of the Old Man are burner cards.

My bad; I did'nt clarify myself earlier. ^^; I'll look at your deck again later. I'm busy right now.

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Alucardfire
Just a clarification from a veteran player like me to maybe some more inexperienced players let me clear up some of the chaining rules.

In a duel versus Domon today on AIM, I was up more than 5600 - 2000 and he had BEWD and Breaker out. I set D-Ring and then it switched over to his turn. Then w/o drawing or going through any of his phases, without allowing me to chain, he said, I remove Breaker's counter. Destroy the m/t. I CHAINED with D-Ring.

He then said, "No, the effect isn't activated. Call UD and they'll straighten you out".

[b]Just for clarification the point of this thread is that Breaker's counter DOES NOT negate m/t, it only destroys them.[/b] Breaker's counter effect is NOT a Seven Tools of the Bandit effect or Magic Jammer, it is a built-in MST that can be chained by normal traps such as D-Ring.

If a normal trap such as Jar of Greed or Waboku is targeted by an MST or Breaker's effect, just because it is face down, does NOT mean its effect cannot be used. Their effects may be used to chain if they had been set for the required turn.

K I have a few (most likely stupid) questions.

1. When you use a union monster and equip it to another, does it stay where it is or move to a magic/trap zone?

2. How many tributes do you need for Koitsu (unless I read wrong and it's not actually a level 10)?

3. Does limiter removal double the original attack or its current one? I had a Jinzo with a 7 completed and I used a limiter removal but wasn't sure whether its attack was 4800 + 700 or 3100 * 2. Either way I won heh but if it comes up again it'd be nice to know the exact ruling.

2. How many tributes do you need for Koitsu (unless I read wrong and it's not actually a level 10)?

[COLOR=red]Unless it's stated differently on the card itself, 2 tributes.[/COLOR]

3. Does limiter removal double the original attack or its current one? I had a Jinzo with a 7 completed and I used a limiter removal but wasn't sure whether its attack was 4800 + 700 or 3100 * 2. Either way I won heh but if it comes up again it'd be nice to know the exact ruling. [/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=red]I guess the original ATK[/COLOR]

1. Anything treated as a Magic or Trap card moves to the M/T zone. Like how Relinquished's equips do.

2. Only 2. The whole "3 tributes for level 10" thing is a misconception caused by the God cards.

3. Current one. For example, my X-Head Cannon equipped with an Axe of Despair is at 2800; I flip Limiter Removal, it becomes 5600.

[FONT=times new roman][COLOR=darkblue]

:demon: Okay I am getting rathier annoyed by this. My two friends are bickering on whiat Tribe infecting Virus' affect is allowed to be used. One says only on the controller's turn and the other says the opposite. Can someone tell me the right one so I can shut them up please. :rolleyes: [/font][/color]

Tribe-Infecting Virus can only have its effect activated by its owner during their main phase 1 or 2. It's [b]not[/b] a multi-trigger effect. If worst comes to worst, [url=http://www.stormpages.com/edhrzic/Yugis20.htm]show them the new article at Edo's.[/url]

I had a question about Sakuretsu Armor. Now, whenever I play this card my opponents always say it doesn't negate the attack since the card does not say "Negate the attackk...". Well, I was wondering would it destroy the monster before it attacks, essentially negating the attack? If anyone can answer this for me I will be thankful.

k more (most likely stupid) questions from me, this time about continuous traps (or one in particular). Ok how does Skull lair work? I mean, whenever I duel my friend he always uses it (cause he knows how much I hate it), can he just use its effect whenever he wants, even on my turn? Also if I flip a monster faceup, and he removes cards to destroy it, it still gets its flip effect right?

I think the point of Skull Lair is to use it during the opponent's turn, so as far as I know, he's using it right. But it makes you remove monsters from your graveyard in order to work; I'm not sure if anybody can use it long enough in a duel to take out many opposing monsters.

Can anyone tell me, how rare of a chance to find the card VALKYRION THE MAGNA WARRIOR? What about the Blue eyes Ultimate? If ya have it, could you tell me how and where ya got it? im j/w, ha. I just got all the Magnet Warriors yesterday. I got two more Blue eyes yesterday as well. Well just wanted to know, peace.

I have a question about Bakura's Dark Sanctuary card from the anime when he dueled Yugi in battle city. I was just wondering what the actual card (assuming there is one) did, since the card from the anime's effects didn't seem like they would transfer well to the actual card game.

Yeah , On Infernalqueen Archfiend the card says "As long as this card remains on the field, during each of your standby phases increase the attack of 1 Archfiend monster by 1000 points".

Ok now is this like permanent or what. Like if your were to have Infernalqueen and Soldier and you used her effect to poer up him, when she was destroyed would he still keep the power up.
Also , note it says " during EACH of your standby phases". Would that mean if you had her and Soldier out and you used her effect to make him 2900 then next standby phase would that card error ( assuming it is ) that you could increase his attack by 1000 more.?.

It's not just "your" standby phases- it's every standby phase.

Basically, Infernalqueen has a messed up translation. The boost should only last until the end of the turn (though it is still activated every standby phase).

But, until it's errata'd- like Bazoo, Kycoo, Skull Lair and Spell Shield before it- you're better playing by the wording on the card.

[color=indigo][font=century][size=1][list][*]Jinzo: Packs of Pharoah's Servant found in hobby stores. However, it's easier to get in a Joey holiday tin.

[*]Dark Blade- It's a rare in Magician's Force

[*]DD Warrior Lady-Dark Crisis

[*]Magician of faith-Metal Raiders, or the Joey Starter deck

[*]Buster Blader- Phaoroah's Servant, the duelist league, or a Yugi holiday tin.[/list][/color][/font][/size]

If my opponent had 2 Vilepawn Archfiends only on the field, would that constitute an illegal target and I would be able to attack directly like the 2 Marauding Captions and Legendary Fisherman/ Legendary Ocean/ Tornado Wall combo's.

I dueled someone who had 2 Vilepawns and 1 equipped with Heart of Clear Water and they said the game was over, I was locked. I was like no , thats now illegal targets, I can attack directly. What I want to know was I right or was I wrong.

[color=indigo][font=century][size=1]Well, to assume that you can attack directly was wrong; the only monster that creates that situation is the Legendary Fisherman, and I'm not quite sure of the reasoning behind that...

Your opponent was semi-correctl; you cant' attack any Archfiends on the field. However, the game wasn't over unless you had absolutely no options.

There are a ton of ways to break the lock: Change of Heart one of his VilePawns, destroy one of them with a trap or magic card, or, just summon a really strong monster and wait until the Archfiend LP drain wipes him out.[/color][/font][/size]