OtakuBoards

The Yu-Gi-Oh CARD Advice Thread

Shy

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[color=indigo][font=century][size=1]Dark Magician Girl is the Hobby Secret Rare from Magician's Force. Giant Trunade is in Metal Raiders, but it's guarenteed in every Joey starter deck. Ax of Despair is an ultra-rare in Magic Ruler; however, there is a possibility (unfounded and pure speculation, but possible) that it might be in one of the Evolution starter decks. The Magnet Warriors come as exclusives for the Gamecube video game "Duelist of the Rose"; Valkryion comes in "Worldwide Edition" for the GBA.[/color][/size][/font]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by DeathBug [/i]
[B][color=indigo][font=century][size=1] The Magnet Warriors come as exclusives for the Gamecube video game "Duelist of the Rose"; Valkryion comes in "Worldwide Edition" for the GBA.[/color][/size][/font] [/B][/QUOTE]

^^; Actually, "Duelist of the Roses" is the PS2 game. The GameCube game is "Falsebound Kingdom".

I have a question, other than Card Destruction, is there any way to get rid of Inaba White Rabbit? I'm just curious.

[color=indigo][font=century][size=1]Hmmm....IWR can be pwned by most of the more elite traps: Mirror Force, Destruction Ring, and Torriential Tribute wipe it out, as do Confiscation and Delinquient Duo.

However, the much more common Fensheng Mirror and Sakuretsu Armor can also take it right out.[/color][/size][/font]

I don't know if this is the correct place to ask this, but I'll ask anyway.

Is the Spear Cretin, Magician of Faith, and Monster Reborn an effective combo to use if you are being beaten, but have a good monster in the graveyard?
Would it be worth the trouble to use this combo if it only buys you a couple of turns?

Well, that could be a good combo. If I'm correct in saying what the combo actually is, you have Spear Cretin destroyed, special summon Magician of Faith face down, and then once that's destroyed, you bring Monster Reborn back from your grave and use it to revive something like Blue-Eyes.

This is a combo that's rarely done; so rare, in fact, I've never even heard of it until now. But yes, that would be a legal combo, and it can work. And it can definitely get you out of a pinch, if you need a string monster to gain control of the game. You must also ealize that Mage of Faith can also bring back useful magic cards like Harpies Feather Duster, Raigeki, Pot of Greed and Mystical Space Typhoon. Just make sure you have at least two of the Mages and the Spear Cretins. ^^

You're welcome. And now, I have a question.

This concerns Stamping Destruction, a spell-speed 1 magic card that only works when there's a face-up dragon on my side of the field. It says that it can destroy one magic or trap card, and inflict 500 points of direct damage to the destroyed card's controller. Now, the question is this: Say I use this on my opponent's face down trap, say Waboku for example. If the opponent chains with Waboku, activating it, does the opponent still take 500 direct damage from my magic card?

Actually, Solo, most people would consider Waboku to be more powerful than that, because the card doesn't say "This can only be activated when your opponent declares an attack." Many people take advantage of that, and chain it to anything that targets it or other m/t cards, like Harpies Feather Duster. You could be right though; this could strike a huge controversy. ^^

[color=indigo][size=1][font=century]Snodin, If Waboku is activated, you wouldn't get Stamping Destruction's effect due to the chain rule.

You try to destroy Waboku. If your opponent activates Waboku, then you've got a chain. The last link of the chain, in this case, Waboku, resolves first. So, Waboku's effect activates, and the card is removed. Now, it's Stamping Destruction's turn. However, because Waboku is no longer on the field, SD has no target. It's effect "fizzles", because it's target isn't there anymore.

I hope that made as much sense to ya'll as it did to me...[/color][/font][/size]

[COLOR=#503F86]Guys, I understand that you're grateful but posts that short shouldn't be allowed to clutter the threads up. If you really want to thank someone for the advice, PM them. I'm not saying 'don't be grateful', I'm just saying to mind the quality of the posts.

Anyway Snodin- even though Waboku doesn't say that it can only be activated during the Battle Phase, its effect reads thus: "Any damage inflicted by an opponent's monster is decreased to 0 during the turn this card is activated." It doesn't specify whether it's Effect or Battle Damage, but it does specifically say 'monster'. Hence, it can't be chained against Magic or Trap cards as they aren't correct targets of Waboku's effect. I had a friend who tried chaining it against Magic Cylinder, but since the attack was from their own monster anyway it wouldn't have worked. Not least because MC negates the attack in the first place.[/COLOR]

• 2 weeks later...
[B]Throwstone Unit[/B]

[Warrior/Effect]
[I] Offer 1 Warrior-Type Monster on your side of the field as a Tribute to destroy one face-up monster on the field whose Def is equal to or lower than the ATK of this monster.[/I]

Does this mean that the Def has to be lower than Throwstone Unit's ATK, or the ATK of the monster that is offered?

I think that it's the Tributed monster, but I'm not sure. Your opinions?

Another question; Deepsea Warrior's effect is as follows: [I]When "Umi" is face-up on the field, this card is unaffected by any Magic Cards.[/I]

Does this mean that he isn't powered up by Umi? Or is Umi excluded from the effect?

• 2 weeks later...
[color=indigo][size=1][font=century]It depends.

ASF basically slows all Magic cards down to the Speed of non-chainable trap cards. If you can use this in your strategy to control the pace of the duel, it can work very well. However, it shouldn't be used for every deck.[/color][/size][/font]

[color=indigo][size=1][font=century]Hand-control, eh? Well, here's what I, personally, would do:

The way I see it, you're just setting your opponent up for the ol' Yata-lock, correct? Then you need to use a variety of monsters to destroy cards in the hand. The three main ones are Spirit Reaper, Don Zaloog and White Magical Hat. I'd consider using one of each, so you've got your bases covered.

These monsters require a clear shot of the field to use their abilities, so I'd use as many DD WArrior Ladies as possible, as well as Tribe Virus.

Throw in one Mystic Tomato and one Shining Angel for speed. Also try Magical Scientest, and use him to summon Dark Baltar the Terrible, Ryu-Senshi and Thousand eYes REstrict to clear the the field even more.

Most of these monsters lack brute force, so use Slate Warrior (Or Bazoo) and Riryoku to help you out there.

Also, try using a trio of Time Seals; set them, one at a time, and n ot only can your opponent not draw after they're activated, but they'll most likely use up their own M/T destruction on them, cutting down their hand even more.

Naturally, run Delinquint Duo, Confiscation and The Forceful Sentery. When IoC comes out, use DD Designator. And, of course, you could always try Chaos Emporor Dragon.

Hope this gives you some ideas.[/color][/size][/font]

[COLOR=DarkSlateBlue][SIZE=1]Okay, I have a question about Dark Master-Zorc. Can his dice roll ability be used more than once on your turn or can it only be activated once during your turn. I'm just wondering because the card does not state that.

Thanks for the help.[/SIZE][/COLOR]