OtakuBoards

Nintendo Quiz

BigCajones

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Semjaza Azazel [/i]
[B]As far as I know, Iwata was only involved with HAL and was their president before moving over to NCL. [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=#707875]Yep, correct. Iwata joined HAL Laboratory after graduating college and in 1983, he began to coordinate development of Nintendo-related titles.

In 1993, Iwata became the president of HAL Laboratory -- the company was close to complete financial collapse by 1992, but Iwata pulled it from ruins and made it profitable.

Then, in 2000, Iwata moved from HAL to Nintendo as the head of the Corporate Planning Division.

I have another question that relates to him, too. What famous character/franchise did Satoru Iwata create?[/color]

[color=#707875]Correct. Iwata was the man behind the very first Kirby game and he's played varying roles in the series ever since.

*rubs chin* Hmm...what else.

Ah, okay. I have a tough question for ye. ~_^

Why is Friday a unique day at Nintendo of America?[/color]

Do they have Casual Fridays? (Just a complete and total guess - that's the only thing that I can think about that would go on at a company on a Friday, but it's not really that special. So, I have no idea how accurate my answer is.)

O_O I was right?! I should've known James would've fooled us with a simple answer like that lol. You are very tricky, James.

Okay, here's my (easy) question: Which Nintendo game was featured in the movie "The Wizard," starring Fred Savage, before it's official release?

I know that they've had more than Hiroshi Yamauchi and Satoru Iwata...I'll guess four. I think that Yamauchi's father was president of the company for a while (before they started making games) and there was probably someone before him - unless he's been the president since the late 1800s o_O

[color=#707875]Yep, four.

Fusajiro Yamauchi founded the company, though I can't remember what relation he was to Hiroshi Yamauchi. I say that because it was Hiroshi Yamauchi's grandfather who offered the business to him in 1949. I've not actually heard mention of who was "in between", interestingly enough.

And then, Satoru Iwata in 2002. So yeah, four presidents. Not bad, considering the age of the company. o_O;

I think I'm almost running out of interesting questions here. Hehe

Umm, why is 2003 a significant year for Nintendo, historically speaking?[/color]

Heh, I'm a roll lol! *looks at James' question* Okay, the answer to this is either deceptively simple or mind-bendingly hard. Either way, I'm gonna have to do some thinking for this one.

Okay, I'm gonna take a wild guess with this one. I can't remember whether Donkey Kong was released in 1981 or 1983, so for purposes of this questions, I'll say it was released in '83, which would make 2003 the 20th anninversary of Donkey Kong. Who knows, I may actually be right!

[color=#707875]Correct! ^_^;;

Mm...another question. Name two of Yamauchi's "ideas" for revitalizing Nintendo during the 1950's.

Note: Yamauchi attempted different business ventures during this period. Name two. ^_^[/color]

Answer: Well, first of all he changed the name from Marufuku to Nintendo Playing Card Co. They were the first mass produce plastic playing cards and to succeed and later on they printed Disney Characters on the cards to sell them to kids.

That is all I can really think of, and I really don't know if that is what you meant by "ideas". So I guess I'll wait to see what you say. :\

[b]Edit:[/b] Post card ventures? o_O;;

I think that it's evident that James has stumped us all (unless someone besides James has the answer to the question and just isn't telling). I think that it's time that another person pop in with a question, or maybe James could give us another question since nobody knows the answer to his super stumper.

Heh. I should check this more often. Study more boys and girls! :p

Well, the most obvious thing is that he made a deal with Disney to make licensed playing cards. They were quite successful from what I remember. That was already mentioned.

Otherwise, I specifically remember him making a taxi company and a love hotel company (as in those pay by the hour types for you know what heh). There was also some rice thing around that time, which didn't do so well.

So there's three.

What company did Nintendo approach about marketing their Famicom (NES) to the US? The company declined the offer.