OtakuBoards

Good Charlotte

Kaede-san

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Endymion [/i]
[B]

If Good Charlotte isn't punk, what are they? [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=black][size=1][font=rockwell] They are a group of medicore individuals brought into popularity by MTV's seemingly ease to find some of the least talent in the world, and shroud every other good band that actually deserves the spot light back to hell whence they came from flames and ashes.[/color][/size][/font]

If this turns into yet another "What is and what's not punk" debate, I'm going to shoot someone.

If you consider Good Charlotte punk that's fine with me. They're more pop-punk than anything (which I think as a genre is pretty much an oxymoron), but they fit in it. There are many aspects of punk, just like any other genre, and most of what I like doesn't fit into pop-punk at all. It's really just an argument between the people who want punk to themselves and want to keep it "pure" in some sense (which is hilarious, because punk has always had these types of bands - Sex Pistols are more manufactured than most people realize, for example) and those that like the popified and radio friendly pop-punk. It's not of importance in my opinion.

Anyway, I don't like this band.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Batman [/i]
[B]Good Charlotte make me sad. [/B][/QUOTE]
Batman, please put more of an effort into your post than a single line. I'm sure that you can expand on why they make you sad, or at least say a little more about what you think of them. Five words hardly contributes to an intelligent discussion.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Syk3 [/i]
[B]Batman, please put more of an effort into your post than a single line. I'm sure that you can expand on why they make you sad, or at least say a little more about what you think of them. Five words hardly contributes to an intelligent discussion. [/B][/QUOTE]

An intelligent discussion? About a pop-punk band? Isn't your post just a little more worthless than mine?

They make me sad because I really do not like them. More explanation required, Sally?

[b]Yeah; an intelligent discussion about a pop-punk band. Everyone else has managed it here.. why can't you? Syk3 is doing his job as a moderator in that post, so I wouldn't call it worthless.

What Syk3 was saying, is there must be a reason why they make you sad. I agree with him; they can't just make you sad for no reason whatsoever.[/b]

Guest Matt
[color=red][b]I saw them in concert with NFG. They sound ALOT harder and faster live then on any of their cd's. I was impressed by their performance. But NFG was better. :)[/b][/color]

• 3 weeks later...
[COLOR=dodgerblue]I love these people. I only listen to them, and are totally obsessed. A few of my favourites are :Wondering,Complicated, The Innocent (with Mest and Goldfinger), The Anthem,Waldorf Worldwide...And soo much more.

I also think they are very talented, and in some songs they actually sing about things that matter.[/COLOR]

Guest Matt
[color=red][b]I used to like Mest, but they just don't sound good to me anymore. I like Goldfinger though.[/b][/color]

[color=indigo]First off...I don't understand how "fashion" has a direct correlation to music. If someone likes to dress in wife beaters and baggy shorts it doesn't mean that they enjoy punk music...maybe that is how they are comfortable...I had several friends that dressed in the typical "Goth" style in Highschool, but, besides NIN I doubt they listened to typical industrial music (they were mainly Beatles and Zepplin fans).

Second...In my opinion (which is only valid to me) Good Charlotte stinks. They are horrible song writers, the lead singer has an awful voice, they are horrible live, and their instrumentals are pathetic...[/color]

Meh...I don't really like them all that much. Then again i'm not really into punk music (or punk pop whatever you want to call them). Most of my friends diagree with me and go on about how good they are. In fact one of my friend plays GC and NFG whenever i'm in his car. It drives me insane!

I think that both Good Charlotte and New Found Glory are both horrible bands. I really don't see what the big fuss is with them because I haven't heard a song by either of them that is close to being decent. Plus, GC is #1 on TRL. How did that happen??? Maybe that's why I don't watch Mtv anymore.

Nice job of Semjaza for knowing that, in fact, the Sex Pistols were a manufactured group (I think I read that in a book somewhere - can't remember which one, though...). Anyway, about Good Charlotte; don't like them, I have never liked them, and I never will like them. But at least their music isn't so bad that it gives me a cerebral hemorrhage, so they have that going for them.