OtakuBoards

Does Nintendo really know what we want?

hiachi

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by GhostofSalvtore [/i]
[B]Well hopefully there will be a GC game out there that I can enjoy, and play for a lil while and not get disappointed like the others. I mean the 64 was awesome for me, games like Perfect Dark(up there again with one of the best) Mario 64, No Mercy, the list goes on. But right now Nintendo hasn't done anything for me that could ever equal or surpass those titles. [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=#808080]I still say that you're not looking hard enough.

If you've found nothing on GameCube to equal or surpass those titles, then you really [i]aren't[/i] looking. Buy Eternal Darkness and sit down with it for a good two hours. I can absolutely guarantee you that you'll enjoy it. ~_^[/color]

[color=ff00cc] [size=1]Hmm... It would be really nice if games for Playstation came out for GameCube.

Like Final Fantasy, Virtua Fighter (if it isn't out yet), and a few others from SquareSoft.

I think YuGiOh's starting to do better than Pokèmon, though. I really don't know anyone who watches Pokemon anymore. >>;[/color] [/size]

So would you go and say Eternal Darkness GOTY last year, just to ask? Buy a game eh, without even playing it much. I don;t know if I can bring myself to such things, but I will borrow it from a friend play it for 2 hrs and I will come back when I have drawn some conclusions

I mean you really think that all gamers will think Eternal Darkness to be a great game, but everyone is just not interested in some things. Example, my friend is a big RPGer and I can tell him to get or try out a fighting game like Virtua Fighter or DOA, which to me are the best, but he will never play because he is just not interested in it nor fighting games.

Well I am saying that PD and the others for 64 were like my favorite games, so topping those would be very very hard, nearly impossible.

well other than ED and RE, what else does GC have to offer that I havn't given a chance? I mean here is a list of the few games I have given tried and just didn't feel compelled to buy or keep playing.
SMS
Animal Crossing
hmm a big big list well there are probably more but these are the big ones I would say.

[color=#808080]You've listed two games. lol

I don't think you can say that GCN has nothing to offer you if you don't even scratch the surface. A [i]lot[/i] of people dismiss GCN in particular without even making an effort to play the games.

[/color]

[color=ff00cc] [size=1]GameCube's actually my favorite game console, actually...

I think all of the GameConsoles can be really exciting if you give them a chance. ^_^;;;

Alot of the GameCube Games are great. I don't think you should say they don't have anything to offer if you haven't played all of the games yet. :whoops:[/color] [/size]

[color=indigo]Well, I dion't know if I played it for two hours, but I did do the first two or three levels in Eternal Darkness. For me, it got old really fast. I mean, a lot of it seemed to just be killing zombies and stuff. Sure, I thought the story parts were good, the puzzles were okay, and the insanity effects were really cool, but it just wasn't all that fun to actually [i]play,[/i] at least for me.[/color]

[quote][i]Originally posted by GhostofSalvtore[/i]
[b]well other than ED and RE, what else does GC have to offer that I havn't given a chance? I mean here is a list of the few games I have given tried and just didn't feel compelled to buy or keep playing.
SMS
Animal Crossing
hmm a big big list well there are probably more but these are the big ones I would say.[/b][/quote]
[color=indigo]Yeah, you really shouldn't say the GCN has nothing to offer if you've only played a few games. I mean, go look on nintendo.com, and go to the "game list" area and get a list of all the GCN games out there. There has to be some games that you'd like.[/color]

[quote][i]Originally posted by hiachi[/i]
[b]Well, on the topic of exclusives (even tho this isnt an exclusive....) Im happy that from Final Fantays Crysta Chronicles and forward, Square will make all their RPG's on GCN as well as PS2!!![/b][/quote]
[color=indigo]Where did you hear that? Last I heard, Square was going to keep the main series on the PS2, and have a new series (Crystal Chronicles) on the GCN. It would be really nice if the main series games were also released on the GCN, though.[/color]

[color=#808080]First, play RE and ED. Go and spend a good week on both.

Then we'll talk about other games; neither ED nor RE should be dismissed at all. Both games are strong examples of what GameCube developers are capable of producing. These two games also demonstrate that GameCube is indeed a viable console for the so-called "mature gamer" (who I often consider to be the "immature gamer").[/color]

Well both games got great reviews, but different gamers go for different games, I am sure there are some games that you are not interested in(probably am wrong again) that I think are great games. And I don't say that GC is a "kiddy-console", and these games are rated M and thats great, but the what it gets rated I could care less about.

Also what GC games do you own?

[color=#808080]Of course, I understand that everyone has different tastes. Not everyone will enjoy the complexity of a game like Eternal Darkness; Resident Evil, by comparision, is a more simplistic type of game.

The main point that I'm trying to get across is that, especially with gaming, it's important to at least [i]try[/i] new things out.

With GameCube, there is a stigma attached. And that stigma implies that GameCube's games are less mature (thus less enjoyable for older gamers). So, the reason I find myself defending GameCube is not because I want to blindly defend Nintendo; it's because I don't want the stigma to stop people from experiencing some groundbreaking games.

I don't need to encourage people to buy a PS2 for example; most gamers own one...or they want to own one. GameCube is different. People do constantly see that negative stigma and I'm always trying to tell people that they should give it a chance, because they don't want to miss out on some really great games.

I did the same thing with Dreamcast. I found myself defending it all the time, because it had some truly remarkable and memorable games. And these games really do deserve to be enjoyed by gamers.

As for my GCN games, I'll try to remember what I own:

Luigi's Mansion
Wave Race: Blue Storm
Pikmin
Resident Evil
Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance
Turok: Evolution
Super Mario Sunshine
Eternal Darkness
Starfox Adventures

I think that's all; I might be missing a couple.

I didn't actually buy Turok or MK; both games were sent to me by the publishers (I really don't like Turok, but MK is quite good).

And of course, these games don't include the ones that I've actually played and which I don't own myself. Unfortunately I can't always buy every single game that I enjoy.

So yeah, once again...if you own a GameCube (I don't even know if you do), spend a few hours with Resident Evil and/or Eternal Darkness. You may just find that there is something really interesting right under your nose. ~_^[/color]

Well as of right now I am trying the RPG genre, I have never been a big RPGer but as of right now with the current game drought I am in and a wave of RPGs coming out, I say what the hey I can try this.

The reason I got my GC is because I know,maybe not know for me, that Nintendo will come up with something huge and that I will really want to have.

Amazing that the 2 GC games that I own aren't on your list; Metroid Prime and PSO, also sold SSB:M and WMX8.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Desbreko [/i]
[B][color=indigo]Where did you hear that? Last I heard, Square was going to keep the main series on the PS2, and have a new series (Crystal Chronicles) on the GCN. It would be really nice if the main series games were also released on the GCN, though.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

No, every game they make AFTER Crystal Chronicles is going to be on GCN and PS2, which will not include FF X-2 or XI since they will be out BEFORE Crystal Cronicles

That's simply not true. There was a rumor of FF12 coming to GC, but I really doubt it. It's 100% unconfirmed though, and I wouldn't believe the rumor as it originated at a rather unreliable Japanese message board.

That would just not make sense for Square to do, especially considering it would take them quite a few discs to even put all of FFX on GC. They use too much FMV for it to be any other way. On top of that, they'd split the userbase and it sells way better on PS2 than it would on GC at this point (which has a tiny userbase in comparison).

Crystal Chronicles isn't confirmed to be a series, but I'd have to guess that Square will be putting a few other games on the system. Even with the FF12 rumor, I severely doubt it will be anything based on the main FF series.

More than likely it will be some sort of collaboration with Brownie Brown on a new Mana game... Nintendo owns Brownie Brown, and they are made up of most of that team when they were with Square. To me, that makes the most sense.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by hiachi [/i]
[B]No, every game they make AFTER Crystal Chronicles is going to be on GCN and PS2, which will not include FF X-2 or XI since they will be out BEFORE Crystal Cronicles [/B][/QUOTE]

.:Does Happy Happy Square Officially (Even though I thought) Square is back with Nintendo Dance:.

Can't wait for another great RPG on whats looking to become a great RPG console.

Really, what does that have to do with anything? This isn't a Sony thread, and he didn't say THE best.

And apparently no one read, but what Hiachi said simply isn't true. I'd like to see where he heard this from, because nothing that's actually reputable reported anything more than that FF12 rumor which most people quickly dismissed.

Square has no other games even remotely confirmed or even hinted at for GC whatsoever. FF: Crystal Chronicles is it.

Well I'll just name off the random ones I can remember.

There is already Skies of Arcadia Legends for GC, which is already one of my favorite RPGs ever. Also, Lost Kingdoms... which is more of an action card RPG.

Lost Kingdoms 2 is coming out soon, and should improve greatly on the first.

Namco is making a Tales game for GC (I forget the rest of the title).

Monolith (known for Xenosaga) is making an exclusive RPG.

Skip is making Giftpia, and most likely another after that.

Camelot is supposedly doing a GC RPG (I guess based on Golden Sun, but no one really knows yet).

Brownie Brown also supposedly has plans to make a GC RPG (they did Magical Vacation, are doing Seiken Densetsu and the members used to be on the Mana team for Square).

Natsume is bringing out Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life, which looks to be the best in the series so far.

There are also heavy rumors about HAL and Nintendo finally making another Earthbound game for GC (as well as fixed up versions of the first two on GBA), but I don't know about that.

I'd have to assume that Square will do something else as well, but really no one knows yet.

Nintendo is also making a Fire Emblem game for GC, which has a somewhat good chance of coming out here.

Those are ones I just got from my memory. I know there are quite a few more.

There are plenty of games out and coming for GC, you just have to look for them. Go to IGNCube or Planet Gamecube and just look around and you'll find something that will most likely interest you.

Ok I have to clear some stuff up.

1)The 3D pokemon game for GCN is most likely Stadium. I don't think it's been announced, but it's pretty obvious. For one thing, you have to own Ruby or Sapphire to play the game. Also, the game is supposed to be really cheap. No way that this is a full fledged 3D RPG.

2)No one knows what Square will do for GCN after CC, there have been no announcements. They will most likely still support them, since they have CC for both GCN and GBA, and FFT for GBA.

As for if they are giving people what they want I think they are. The problem is, the masses don't want what the hardcore fans want. People say Nintendo is kiddy, so they push out mature titles. Sadly, these mature titles haven't been flying off the shelves. I think ED did 100k, RE did about 500k and RE0 did about 350k. Not bad numbers, but not ground breaking. All of these games are great, I just don't see why people won't pick them up. Probably only because of the small user base.

Fans wanted a new Mario and they got one. Fans wanted a new Zelda and they are getting one. They are definitely giving them what the hardcore fans want. But what about the general public? I think GCN is yet to win them over. They need something. They need another Goldeneye. Another Pokemon. Another GTA. Nintendo just needs one big thing to gain some momentum, and then they can win back their user base from there. I love my GCN, but they haven't had any groundbreaking titles that appeal to everyone. Nintendo just needs that one key game.

Oh and if Nintendo wants to give me something, tell them I want a Skies sequel, a 3D RPG, and for them to get more RPG support!

Wow, I didn't know there were going to be that many RPG's coming out for the GC. I strongly hope that there's going to be another Earthbound game. I don't really know how great Skies of Arcadia is, but heck, I'll try it to see if I like it or not.

Nintendo has the groundbreaking thing, itself. Who doesn't like the Marios,the Zeldas, the...pokemons,etc etc. This is what gamers grew up on. Now who isn't to say some of the masses aren't hardcore fans, since the some are those Zelda, Mario, PKMN gamers. Its not that fact that they stick an "M" on the title, Metroid Prime can be called a mature game but it has a ....."T" (yeah thats right a T) Not every title will get that success of hmm less say GTA3. And don't you think Zelda will sell well, it will be doing pretty well like all Zelda games in the past.

What they needed was a new Perfect Dark and I would have been won over long time ago.

See the ThePikasElbow knows what he is talking about. Now that we've both said it, maybe people will realize this lol.

Have you tried Time Splitters 2? The main members of the Goldeneye team are all involved with Free Radical which made the game. It's a huge step up from the original, and I think rather similiar to Goldeneye and Perfect Dark.

I think Perfect Dark was way overhyped and overrated than it really should have been anyway. There are far better FPS games around, although I guess most are confined to the PC. My opinion obviously.

As for the rest of it... I have no idea what you are trying to say in most of your posts GhostofSalvtore. You don't even seem to know what you want outside of Perfect Dark for GC, and that's never going to happen. The next Perfect Dark game is on Xbox. Other than that it's as if you expect Nintendo to make a GTA style game, which won't happen (Mafia is supposed to come to GC eventually, which is similiar). People have tried showing you that there are many games on the system, and you just blow it off with some post about how everyone likes something different (a few times now). I'm not sure what it is you want people to say to you to make you satisfied in here.