OtakuBoards

Pok

Kristoff119

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Desbreko [/i]
[B][color=indigo]The two birds' names are Latios and Latias (I'm pretty sure about the second name, but not positive). I think the blue one in Latios. And I think they're related somehow... I can't think of any other reason they'd look so similar...[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=royalblue]The names are right. I believe that Latios is supposed to be Latias's older brother. But I'm not quite sure. Try here for pics of them.

[url]http://www.pojo.com/pokedex/Pokemon/Latios.html[/url]
[url]http://www.pojo.com/pokedex/Pokemon/Latias.html[/url][/COLOR]

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Pokemon.com has a bunch of news on the GBA Pokemon games. They will be called Pokemon Ruby and Pokemon Sapphire. They are both going to be released on November 21st in Japan. No news on a US release date, but I would hope it would come here faster than Gold and Silver did.

[url]http://www.pokemon.com/news/news1.asp[/url]

Nintendo is adding 100 new Pokemon to the 251 from the last games. They revealed a couple more of them at that link, so I think 10 have been shown so far.

According to IGNPocket, the battle system has been changed. Instead of bringing around 5 Pokemon, you can only carry 2 at once. But they can both fight at the same time, resulting in a lot of 2 on 2 battles. Pokemon.com also has pics of that.

[color=indigo]Sweeeeet... Those two-on-two battles are going to be tons of fun! I always thought it would be cool if you could battle with more than one Pokémon at once, and now I'll finally get to do it! :)

Ruby and Sapphire, eh? Sounds like they crystallized Red and Blue, lol. :whoops:[/color]

Ruby and Sapphire.....that's 1...2..3....8 pokemon games I know of that are on any gameboy system (gameboy pocket, gbc, gba), then there's the two Pokemon Stadium games on the N64, aswell as this other one I heard of that wasn't released in the US.....

I honestly think they're going a bit over the line with these pokemon games now....

[color=indigo]Yeah, I was kind of hoping they'd just make one version, so you wouldn't have to trade to get all of the Pokémon... But, I guess that's supposed to be a big part of the Pokémon games, along with battling friends... *sigh* Oh well, I know that at least one of my friends is going to be getting one of the versions, so I'll have someone to trade with if I get one of the new ones.[/color]

Speaking of new games... has anyone tried out this Pokemon Mini stuff? I remember hearing about it at last year's ECTS, and apparently it's out in the US. They have it on a back rack at my Toys R Us by the GC games.

It's kinda like a larger Pickachu Mini, except it uses cartridges to play new games. The only one I remember offhand was Pokemon Pinball.

Has anyone tried this thing?

Erm.....my friend bought a while back, and he hated it.....though I've only seen the box it comes in, and by reading it, it seems alot better the "Pocket Pikachu" thingie....though I reckon it's not really worth the price it's sold at.

Heres what i read

10 new pokemon makeing it 351 pokemon in all

When trying to capture a pokemon the trainer ACTUALLY pops up and THROWS the ball...it wiggls and if its a no the pokemon will pop out

The 2 birds that look alike.....thats cause they are RELATED i read somewhere they are brother and sister... blue bird..boy red bird girl..

there are baby forms to marill and wabafett

there are footprints...shadows...and bettter buildings and Battle sceans

THERE ARE 2 GBA games

Ruby And Saphire

Red Blue Yellow (colors)
Gold silver crystal ruby sapphire (rocks of some sort...gems)

what next

:D It's an improvement on the last games, and you can chose a girl, you have no idea how annoyed I was when, I found out about crystal, that was just plain mean, though I admit the GBA can do better, (my bruv says it's supossed to have the same bit as a PS1), but when you consider how much they're trying to fit in at once... Besides, if we played games for what they looked like, then a lot of great games would be overlooked, I am kinda anoyed about losing the IR link up on the GBA though. How are you suppoed to do mystery gift?:D

Guest masterball_04
The thing is no matter how bad the graphics are, I'll still buy it, and still be just as addicted!

I am planning to create three new versions of Pokemon: Lime/Scarlet/Teal. They used to be Emerald/Ruby/Sapphire, but Ruby and Sapphire are TAKEN!!! :bawl: I created 149 Pokemon to go with them. One of them is Starla.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
About the picture of the three new Pokemon, I like the Pokemon on the left and right, especially the one on the left. I think the one in the middle is kinda ugly. Their names are Wynaut (left), Yomawaru (middle), and Volbeat (right). Yomawaru is a Japanese name; I don't know what his English name is. Some other new Pokemon are Kecleon, Azurill, Pelipper (Japanese name), Samehader (Japanese name), and Kinococo (Japanese name).

• 2 months later...
Has any new info been released recently? Like will the finally show the correct pokemon when you surf or will you still get stuck with lapris? How many less pokemon will each version not carry so you have to trade with someone with the oppisite version? Will you be able to have more than your main character travel with you?

• 1 month later...
The three Starters for Ruby and Saphire are:

Fire:
Torchic *looks like a little Fire bird.*

Water:
MudKip *Cant really describe it like an animal*

Grass:
Treecko *A lizard. It looks aweswome.*

Pictures here:
[url]http://pokemon.com/news/news5.asp[/url]

Their are pictures on Pokemon.com of them, but I don't know if they've put that they're the starter pokemon yet. I got my new Nintendo Power and the 'Pokecenter' showed the new starters. Looks as though Grass is going to be the strongest in these games.

In Red and Blue it was Fire (the one with scratch, Charmandar)

In Gold and Silver it was Water (the one with scratch, Totodile)

And in Ruby and Saphire, it looks as though Grass will be.

:) as anyone else noticed the ones with scratch are stronger than the ones with tackle? I have :)

G*P

[url]http://otakuboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=12743[/url]

[COLOR=deeppink]We all ready have a topic over Ruby and Saphire... And aparently we're still using it.[/COLOR]

[color=indigo]There, just merged the two threads. - Desbreko[/color]

[color=crimson]Hmm, these new monsters look INTERESTING, seriosuly. And as for the graphics comments, keep in mind a LOT of memory needs to be used to remember all the monsters and their data.

I heard that when your character walks through sand, he leaves footprints; that it rains sometimes, and you can see the reflection in the puddles; and so on and so forth.

The Baby Marril looks ADORABLE, as do some of the others (Groudon, YEAH!). But some of them look...well, stupid. *points at the freaky ladybug and laughs*

If the story remains the same, then I'm just not gonna get it. I'd like to see the piccies for all the new ones, though, that'd be nice. (And those never-evolved Pokémon from the first versions STILL need some attention--like Pinsir and Farfetch'd and etc. I think that there should be a one headed Doduo/Dodrio.) [/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Dragonstar [/i]
[B]:D The three new starter pokemon are Achamo (fire) Mizugoru (water) and Kimori (grass) :D [/B][/QUOTE]
[color=indigo]Those are the straight translations of the Japanese names, sure. The names that will most likely be in the US release, though, are the ones that Gatomon*s Power listed.[/color]