OtakuBoards

Pok

Kristoff119

[color=indigo]Buying something in Japan and then bringing it to some other country or importing a copy from Japan is perfectly legal. (Man I wish I knew Japanese so I could import games). Downloading ROMs is illegal.

Sorry if I caused any confusion.[/color]

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hell, I've given up buying Game conoles and games.

I'll just download 'em off the net

*Is skit*:(

[COLOR=deeppink]Emulators are illegal, and it is against the rules of the boards to link to sites that have them, or promote them. - Nerdsy[/COLOR]

Guest QuickSilver
In my Magazine it said a few cool things about the new game, sorry if they have been already said.

1. You cannot link between any of the previous games fortrading.

2. You can find secret caves, and if you have a Pokemon with dig you can make a room to decorate and invite friends over.

3. The two new legendary Pokemon are Kyogre- Sapphire and Groudon- Ruby.

• 1 month later...
[color=royalblue]I severely doubt that there's any type of completed list out yet, as Nintendo hasn't even debuted the rest of them, but they have released some with their English names, which you can check out at [url=www.pokemon.com]pokemon.com[/url].[/color]

[color=indigo]I merged this thread with the old Ruby & Sapphire thread, and made it a sticky. Hopefully, with more and more info being released about R/S, having it as a sticky will help to keep multiple R/S threads from popping up.

And yeah, I doubt there's a complete list of all the new Pokémon with their english names out yet. It's still over a month till the games are released, which is a bit early for a full list. I don't think there was a full list for G/S until they were released, or right before they were released.[/color]

[color=indigo]Is the storyline much different from the previous games? I've read about stuff with Team Magma in Ruby, and Team Aqua in Sapphire, but is it really that different, on the whole, that the older games? Or are Team Magma/Aqua just pretty much like Team Rocket in the old ones?[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by tioxi [/i]
[B]I think that they need to make a Legendary Poison Pokémon, and a Poison Eon. ^_^ But ya they need to even out the number of Pokémon in each type for sure. I wonder what the 3 new Beginners will be like and what the 3 new legendary Pokémon will be like. Maybe the Legendary Fish! LoL

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
When does PKMN:A come out in Japan? It doesn't look that bad, on the other screen shots the character has foot prints, ripples when they walk over water a long with a reflection and a shadow on a bridge..... [/B][/QUOTE]

I think there are two new Legendary Pokemon--Latios and Latias, twin bird Pokemon. I have no clue what their types are, but Latios is male and Latias is female. Too bad I don't have pictures of them... but they look sort of like Lugia.

yeah they are like team rockedt and point is to catch them all and here is a pic of latios and latias...btw i made the gif myself ^_^ and if you wanna see more of the new pokemon let me know and ill make another gif file with all the new pokemon in it ^_^

[size=1][color=crimson]Latios (the blue one, is it?) and Latias (red?) look tasty. ^_^

Do you know if you can find them on both versions or can you find Latias on Ruby and Latios on Sapphire (yeah, the different colors usually mean different games :P), or whatever?

I have some information about Kyogre and Groudon. Kyogre is a blue bird with wings that resemble Ho-Oh's, I think that this might evolve from Latios or Latias (whichever one). And Groudon is like a red version of Tyranitar, but looks more like an armadillo, standing on its hind legs. It also has a tough-looking armour on it's back, arms, legs, tail and head, this armour has spikes coming out at the sides. Again, I think this could evolve from either Latios or Latias.[/size][/color]

hey guys your in luck i was searching the net and found a website with the ruby and sapphire pokedex and english/japanese names so enjoy here is the url [url]http://www.pokemondomain.com/pokedexrs/pokedex[/url]

[color=royal blue]Some look good, some look like cousins of already existing Pokémon, some look like knock offs of Digimon, and some look just plain freaky. oO;

Can anyone tell me why there are several pairs of very similar Pokémon with different colorings? (IE--Latios and Latias, and #80 and #81) Also, what's up with all the blob looking baby ones (#142, #151, #183, etc)?

It's seems there will be a few more alternate growth routes here--the Caterpie look alike can turn into two different things based on what its cocoon turns into. A lot more Dragons are coming out, too--that's nice.

But it still looks like they are running out of ideas for what the new monsters should look like.[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by GinnyLyn [/i]
[B][color=royal blue]
But it still looks like they are running out of ideas for what the new monsters should look like.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

i agree, they are running out of ideas but the game is still cool and i dunno if you can catch both in one version cuz im not that far yet

• 2 weeks later...
There are so many threads on this topic, in future please search for them (I know I'm not a mod). This will probably get merged or closed but I'm probably going to get Ruby for the simple reason that my mate is getting Sapphire and we are going to trade probably! :)

Grant :demon:

[color=indigo]Actually, there's only one thread (that's not closed, anyway) on this topic. It's the sticky thread up at the top of the forum that says, "Pokémon Ruby & Sapphire." :p But yeah, please look through at least the first page of existing threads to make sure one hasn't already been created on the same subject. You have [i]no[/i] idea how many Ruby/Sapphire threads I've merged with this one, or just closed because there was arleady this one.

As for which version I'm going to get, that'll probably be Sapphire, if I do end up getting one of them. Mainly because I like sapphires more than rubies, and because I think my friend is going to get Ruby. (He got Red before, when R/B/Y were out, so why not?) That, and the giant whale-looking Pokémon (forget the name) on the cover of Sapphire reminds me of the Wind Fish from Zelda: Link's Awakening, heh. :whoops:[/color]

I have a question about the games. Since you can't trade with the older version's, does this mean that you can catch all the legendaries in these new ones? Otherwise It would be unfair, it would be impossible to catch all of 'em.
'Nother, can you catch mew in this one and possibly Celebie? It always burns me up when I think about how I can't catch those two -__-;;

[center]~*~[/center]

I'm going to get ruby version. My brothers getting Sapphire.
Eh, funny thing is, I originally got red version at first and my brother blue. Lol, funny how that happend.

I noticed that nobody mentioned one fact about the game. You can accually go under water! I'm guessing that The legendary on the Sapphire box is down there somewere. It'll be so cool to hunt for it ^^

I like the way they added all those dragons (If you don't know, I'm a dragon fan). I think the majority of the new pokemon just sorta even's out how meny of each type there are. Most of them are either steel, dark, dragon, phyic or bug. Also all the new combinations of different types are cool. I like the way there is grass flying, ect.

[size=1]Yes, despite the few insult's that I've said about these new games, I'm getting them. Lol, I should really learn more about something before I open my big yap :s Yes, some of the new pokemon do look like digimon, but oh well. I can live with that.[/size]

[color=indigo]Well, as for the legendary Pokémon being in the new games, I'd assume you'd at least be able to get some of them, and then trade with other people to get the rest. Dunno, though, but I wouldn't think they'd just not let you get all of the Pokémon.

About Mew and Celebi, I'm guessing that they won't. Nintendo will probably just stick to giving them out as part of special contests and things, but you never know. Celebi was in the Japanese versions of G/S, so maybe they'll include it in R/S.[/color]

[color=royalblue]I'm inclined to agree, Desy-B. From what I've read on the site, Hoenn seems like a large place, and all the new features and side-quest, plus the new abilities that will be included, I'll bet that you'll be able to get all the legendaries, except Mew and Celebi. They may be hard to get at, but it'll probably be possible.[/color]