OtakuBoards

Pok

Kristoff119

Guest Crimson Spider
I forgot that I haven't told anyone at this board that. At my other one, that is common knowledge. Anyway...

Serious. Serious was the other nature that didn't effect stats.

A nature will only boost a stat by 10%, which is only a very small but significant amount. That means that if a poke normally would have a stat of 50 for speed and 100 for attack, would have 45 for speed and 110 for attack, meaning that you can actually raise your overall stats with the right nature. Lets take y cacturne for an example:

My cacturne has a Quiet nature, which raises his sp atk but sacrifices his speed. That is pretty good because he has a high IV for sp atk and speed, which means that he will get the most form both stats, even though one is compromised. My cacturnes speed is only 151, but his sp atk is 320! Work the math backwards and you get 288 for sp atk and 166 for speed, which means that I actually lose stats by having a nature that is neutral.

Then their is my next installment called EV training. Now lets use my cacturne as an example:

Bright powder
Faint attack
Frenzy plant (for the sake of all things fuzzy and purple, don't ask what that is. it is a grass attack)
sand storm
counter.

Now, as you can see, he doesn't use attack! That means that I have no need for protien, or to fight pokemon that offer EV points to attack. Then thier is nature. Any nature taking away from attack technically has no drawbacks! An example is that if my cacturne had a modest nature (+sp atk, -atk) his speed would be the unreduced 166 and his sp atk, which he uses most, would be 320! No drawback!

Now then, there is at any given point only a 1 in 25 chance of getting the nature you want. I went with a quiet nature instead of waiting another couple hours for a modest cacturne, which is the second best choice.

Now, each poke does well with a different nature. For instance, an Alakazam with a modest nature would be really powerful BUT, you may not get that any time soon. So any nature taking away from attack, and in best hopes raising defense, would also be good.

Then their are those natures that I think are almost worthless. These are lonely, naughty, lax, hasty, naive, mild, you get the idea. These natures lower def/sp def for some other stat other than the other def. These natures are rarely ever good because you always, in any condition, will be using these stats. Some people would think that an alakazam with a nature that takes away from defense for sp atk would be good. What people don't think about is that the opponent may be able to inflict more damage, enough to take out your alakazam which is more powerful but now can't strike as many times. These natures are only good for pokes that have a rediculessly high def/sp def, and are raising a stat that is mediocre-high, Namely the Regi's. Another exception would be Deoxys. He is basically not built to last long, but dish out the beatings in the 2 or 3 turns he lives. Since he is going to die very soon, a stat that lowers his def/sp def and raises his atk or sp atk would be good because his defense stats are so low that it doesn't really matter.

Another fine example of stats so low that they don't matter is shuckle. If shuckle has something other than raising defense, sack him for a new one. His other stats are only in the 5-10 range, making a whopping 11 or still 5 because it is a math.floor operation. Hoever, a 4 or a 9 wouldn't make much of a difference, but a 230 to 253 would.

EDIT: I have opened up my DV/IV/Genes calculation center. Just tell me your pokemon, its level, and its nature.

HOWEVER, I am only really accurate with pokes that have been freshly caught, only a few levels raised since catching (so tell me catching level), or perferably been raised by only using rare candies to a level like 40 or so. How do you do that?

You get yourself a poke that is kinda high-level and 5 zigzagoons holding no items. After you battle, they could be suddenly holding items due to their ability: pickup. These items could be anything from a super potion or hyperpotion to a rare candy, pp up, or in extreamly rare cases, a kings rock.

And, I would perfer if you had told me if you had used any vitamins. If you did, tell me what ones, and how many of each.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Uhm, yeah...I agree with you *ahem*. I've heard of DVs and all that, but what they are is beyond me. I'm not a bloody mathmatician :moron: I might've missed something, such as what DVs, etc. are, but I don't have time, or the patience, to figure out all those numbers...I mean, who am I up against anyways?? GOD??? Well, I think it's all useless information. Forgive me if I smash your pride to pieces, Crim, but I don't think it's necessary to include mathematics, calculus, etc. in raising Pokemon...it's a video game, for crying out loud.

Oh well...it's there for a reason I guess.:confused:

And Crim, it's "i.e." not "e.i." :smirk:

Guest Crimson Spider
So you know latin too. I actually don't, so I don't actually know.

Anyway, those mathematic things are just novalty things for the good with numbers people. I'm good with numbers so that is why I can figure out a pokemons genes relativly easily.

For all of those who don't get it...

DV, IV, Gene, they are all the same thing. They are just a random number between 0 and 31 for each stat that determins how far off of the max it will be.

If you are ever curious of which genes your poke has, just come to me. I can also figure out its hidden power if you can't do that on your own.

EDIT: And besides, at a few other boards they pratically worship me for my knoweldge, so my pride stands strong. The only problem is that Mushi always gets credit for what I say, but he acknowledges me so my pride still stands strong.

Blarg. :cross: I understand what you're saying...I have a math-nut cousin (he's in college right now) that says math is cake...and I can't even remember how to do long division :rolleyes:. At least I can do discounts! :D

So yeah, I've always wanted to know about the Hidden Power move. To be honest, I've never tried it. How useful is it? Well, I know that its type changes with the Pokemon. But, for example, if the Hidden Power is a Grass-type for a Poke, then is the damage delt to the foe Special damage? Or is it still physical damage? (assuming Hidden Power is initially a Normal move. If the type changes with the Poke, then they should've just put ???, as they did with Curse)

What do you need ppl to tell you if they want to know their Pokes' Hidden Power type?

Well, I'll tell you my Blaziken is at Lv.76 :cross: