OtakuBoards

X2: XMen United

Ryan

[font=Kabel Bk BT]Yes, I know it's a little ways before it is out, but all I see are the previews for this movie and I couldn't help myself!

This looks awesome. Certainly better than the first. Iceman is my favorite and it looks like he will be playing a bigger role than the last. I also see ShadowCat on the previews. I'm not sure if she was in the first one at all. All and all it looks like a great movie but I don't have all of the details.[/font]

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm really excited about this movie. Hard to believe it comes out in less than two weeks! To tell the truth, I wasn't a big fan of the first X-Men. There was hardly any action, and they focused way to much on Wolverine. Now, there are more characters, and they have been developed more. The previews for X2 has more action than X-Men had! Some of the fight scenes do look a bit goofy. I mean, Deathstrike spinning in mid air and then hitting Wolverine? I hope all the fights aren't exaggerated to the point of making it look silly.

As for the new story, it seems a bit darker than the original. What's with the dark sequels lately? I like the turn it's taking though, it should provide a more interesting story than the first installment.

So I'll go see it for sure. I can't wait to see Gambit (as small as his cameo may be).

Yeah im REALLY looking forward to this one (and the two matrix sequels :devil: ) Nightcrawler looks absolutly great in the previews (which was one of the things i was concerned about before i got to see him) The action looks really frenetic and fun. If the movie is half as good as the previews make it look it ill be even better then the first one :cool: Oh and did i see my fav metal transforming russian in one of those previews or not...Im not sure if hes in the movie cause ive been trying to avoid learning too much about the movie before i see it :naughty:

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by ThePikasElbow [/i]
[B]I'm really excited about this movie. Hard to believe it comes out in less than two weeks! To tell the truth, I wasn't a big fan of the first X-Men. There was hardly any action, and they focused way to much on Wolverine. Now, there are more characters, and they have been developed more. The previews for X2 has more action than X-Men had! Some of the fight scenes do look a bit goofy. I mean, Deathstrike spinning in mid air and then hitting Wolverine? I hope all the fights aren't exaggerated to the point of making it look silly.

As for the new story, it seems a bit darker than the original. What's with the dark sequels lately? I like the turn it's taking though, it should provide a more interesting story than the first installment.

So I'll go see it for sure. I can't wait to see Gambit (as small as his cameo may be). [/B][/QUOTE]

Sorry to say, but Wolverine still has too big a part of the story. But yeah, all the new mutants will be cool. I've seen previews of Nightcrawler's fighting, with the smoke and the tail and the fur and the teleporting and ... yeah.

Really cool. Can't wait to see it.

Nightcrawler is my second favorite x-man, so it's good that he's going to be in this movie. Also, Beast is one of my favorites and I'm glad they're tossing him into the movie pre-fur, even if it means a 3 second cameo.

I just wish they'd throw Phoenix into one of these movies.

The previews and commercials look pretty good. Now that some of the central characters are developed, they can concentrate on the intense-looking story and the younger x-men (Rogue, Iceman, and Pyro).

By the by, isn't Pyro supposed to be a villain? Or at least start off as a villain?

Guest Hikaru Ichijyo
Umm if I recall my comic trivia correctly I think he started out as an X-men but eventually joined Magneto's forces. As for the movie, I wasn't a big fan of X-Men the movie it seemed a bit slow paced and a bit too dark for it's own good. However the sequel looks interesting since they are going to be introducing more characters from the comics and so on. I just wish they would of used a different villian other then Magento as the evil leader. Perhaps Mr. Sinister or Apocolyspe would be better suited, oh well they are probably saving that for X-3.

The new X-men movie looks pretty good, as from what I have seen. I think it has to deal with some government agency invading Xavier's school. The government strike force is supposed to be lead by the guy who put Wolverine in the Weapon X project, but I'm not sure.

In the movie there are supposed to be a few new mutants. Colosus makes an appearence and a couple of others make cameos. I read somewhere that you can spot Gambit in the background of one scene. Angel was also supposed to have a cameo but his part was cut out. The producers didn't want to spend too much money on the special effects to do his wings.

[SIZE=2][FONT=arial][COLOR=green]I can hardly wait for X2 to come out, I'm so glad they have Nightcrawler on it, he's my favorite, then Wolverine and Storm. But anyways they keep showing the same commercial over and over on my one channel T.V. but that's O.K. At least I know when it comes out ^-^! This one diffinently going to have more action in it I think.[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]

[color=green]Ohh I sooooooooo wanna see this movie. It looks quite interesting...but I think they are making nightcrawler look old...he isn't OLD!>< He's cute and fuzzy and blue...and stuff.Oo() Yeah...sorry if I'm being a little unclear today, sick and stuff.

Back to XM2. I'm very excited about this movie, especially towards the fact that it comes out the day after my b-day. Maybe I'll see it for my birthday or something.^^() I can see ShadowCat, Pyro, Iceman, and Nightcrawler are in it now. I haven't seen anyone else new that you guys have mentioned though.^^() Oh well, previews are short and quick.Oo I'm just happy that I'm going to see it.^^()[/color]

[color=ff00cc] [size=1]I'm much more interested in seeing X2 rather than the second Matrix. ( Mainly because I haven't seen the Matrix... :shifty: )

I'm really excited about this movie, and I really enjoyed the first one. It's coming out a day before my birthday, too. ^^

I actually like either Rogue, Magneto, or Storm. I remember liking Storm in the cartoon a while back, and Rouge's powers are really, really neat.

Magneto is played by one of my favorite actors, Sir Ian McKellen, and it's always interesting to see your favorite actors once in a while. ^^ (Third favorite).

Edit: Oh yeah, and I'm sooo excited to see Kelly Hu. I absolutely loved her acting in 'Scorpion King', and I even based one of my RP'ing characters on her for a while. o.o;[/color] [/size]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by WW2 [/i]
[B]Angel was also supposed to have a cameo but his part was cut out. The producers didn't want to spend too much money on the special effects to do his wings. [/B][/QUOTE]
How could they cut out Angel's cameo? He was one of the original X-Men! They could at least throw in a quick scene of him with his wings folded or something.

Though, I am the biggest X-Men fan on this board, and possibly the biggest comic geek on this board for that matter, I was a bit disappointed with the firt movie. I thought it was a decent effort, but there was not enough character development for most of the characters other than Wolverine, and played off as being the Matrix with the X-Men instead of Neo and the gang.

Hopefully, X2 will surpass its predecessor and give me something to hope for with X3 when its finally made. I look forward to seeing Nightcrawler at the least, and Kelly Hu, as Deathstrike, looks beautiful, but then again, when is she not beautiful.

Oh and by the way, WTH is Halle Barry even in this movie franchise anymore? They could have a newbie as Storm and it would still not make any difference. I prefer that over wasting such a talented actress like HB. *drools*

Shadow Cat was the one who ran through the door when Logan entered Xavier's office in the first movie. I can't wait for the new one to come out, and I know of this one theater sellin gtickets for it already. Plus, I heard that Jubilee and (my favorite) Gambit will have a cameo appearance fighting.

X2 is a must-see movie that you must see! :shifty: As a big fan of the comics, I'm looking forward to this movie with bated breath (and nerdy expectations :glasses: ) Wolverine is my favorite character, and I would really like to see FOX elaborate more on his origins (which I already know, but it'd be great on-screen).

:demon: Saiyan Out :demon:

(PS: Anyone seen the Dr. Pepper beach commercial? That's some real funny stuff!):rotflmao:

Guest Voodookanaka
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Ryan [/i]
[B][font=Kabel Bk BT]

Gambit is suppose to make an appearance! ([/font] [/B][/QUOTE]

YAY! ive been yelling at everyone coz Gambit hasnt been in, i was told he wasnt going to be in this one either, *dances* gotta love gambit.

The X men is definetly one of the coolest things to watch/read. I look forward to Gambit and Night Crawler. They definetly have a lot to offer. Lady deathstrike is in it! That rules, but then again that shouldn't suprise me since the story focuses mainly on Logan. They cut out Angels cameo? That bites. I have been into Angel forever. He goes by the name Archangel now i believe. Loved the metallic wings. Shadow cat has always been a bit of a mystery to me. I hope they don't mess up with Night Crawler, he is my favorite along with Gambit. Ice man will be a treat for me as well. Kind of brings back memories of Silver Surfer.........

But what they need is Psylock (sp)

Guest Voodookanaka
Cinescape reports that producer Lauren Shuler Donner confirms that Gambit will definitely be in the second film

and on that note im off to sleep, night yall

:therock: Why are so many people getting so hyped up about Gambit being in X2? He's not going to be a main character, he's only supposed to make a cameo appearance. He'll probably have five seconds of screen time.

Then again I maybe wrong. It might be seven seconds.:D