OtakuBoards

X2: XMen United

Ryan

[color=red][size=1][font=arial]Frankly, I think you're wrong. Halle has shown wonderful love for the charachter, and I believe she'd come back if the conditions were right, regardless of how much Storm is involved.

Jackman shouldn't have scheduling conflicts, since the film won't start filming for a long time. I'd look for him to be a lock for Wolverine.

It'd be great to have Sir Ian return, but let's face it, there are lots of better villains in the X-Universe, and Magneto has been done once aleady. As much as I love Mr. McKellan, I think it's time to look into either Mr. Sinister (which would lead to a Havoc intro) or Apocalypse (which would lead to an Angel/Archangel intro).

I'd also like to see a little more focus on Cyclops. As someone mentioned to me before in a chat, he [i]is[/i] the leader, and that seems to have been obscured. Scott Summers was the very first X-Man, and there needs to be a little more importance for his presence, not just as the guy Logan has to fight with for the affection of Jean.

--Chris[/color][/size][/font]

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know that Magneto is like the most popular villain in X-Men, but he really doesn't need to be in the 3rd movie. It was nice to bring him back for X2, but really now. There's a whole lot of other villains out there the X-Men can tussle with.

I hope it'll be the Hellfire Club.

[size=1][color=teal][i]Well I dunno...Everytime i read an article about what X3 would be like i keep hearing how much halle has complained that her character has too little to do...Not enough involvement...Yadda yadda.

Should have gone with an unknown sighz... :rolleyes:

And yeah i agree magneto really doesnt have to be in the next one. Id really love to see either the sentinels or apocalypse in the next film. Ian is great but they dont have to keep putting magneto in every single time...

And i dont know about that taking awhile to film the next one...Fox sees dollar signs and im imagining theyre wanting to fast track X3...Time ill tell i suppose :demon: [/i][/color][/size]

My view on why they keep magento in is how it was in the orgional comic. Its the dychotomy between erik and Xavier thats providing an intersting storyline, and teh reason that new villans haven't really shown up because the script writers want to keep it as a single storyline, rather then the randomness that many sequels degenerate into. If they jsut kept adding new villans and jsut threw away teh storyline, it wouldn't be as good in my opinion

[color=darkblue]All I know is that his powers were activated by a tragic fall. He is in love with Jean, which so is Logan. He loves cars and mechanics and might have a younger brother. Think his name is Havoc or something. All I know about his lil bro is that he shoots the lasers from his hands.

-Logan[/color]

[color=red][size=1][font=arial]The violence, action, and sexuality of X2 is a bit stronger than X-Men, but it's still nothing too bad.

As for Cyclops, he was the first X-Man to be recruited by Prof. Xavier after his parents were seemingly killed in a plane accident (his brother Alex, known as Havoc, survived as well). His powers activated while they fell and cushioned the fall, but the accident damaged the part of his brain that controls his powers, hence they are permanetly "on". He's a very straight forward young man, who is openly in love with Jean Grey, and serves as the natural leader of the X-Men.

--Chris[/color][/size][/font]

• 2 weeks later...