OtakuBoards

.HACK//mutation?

magic_raditz

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sara [/i]
[B][size=1]Actually...isn't that a game? So it would go in a gaming forum.

Or am I completely lost.[/size] [/B][/QUOTE]
[size=1]James says that these gaming topics belong in the gaming forums. But we don't put Pokemon game topics in the Nintendo forum, do we? Ergh. I'll leave gaming topics in this forum until one of the higher beings (admin or site director) choose to move them.

I am waiting to buy .hack//mutation until I get the first game in the .hack series. All of them look very interesting, and I'm afraid that by buying a later game in the series I might end up missing out on some interesting continuity between them.

-Shy[/size]

• 4 weeks later...
Guest demon hunter
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Kaiba's Angel [/i]
[B].hack//MUTATION isn't out yet. It will be released on May 6. [/B][/QUOTE]

MAY 6?!?!?!? DAMNT I NEED TO SPEED UP ON INFECTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111:help:

• 2 weeks later...
[quote]YES ITS OUT NOW.... :jumps for joy: YAY. Ive been waiting so long to get because I have infection and I absolutley loove it. I hope mutation is just as good.[/quote] Unfortunately, as short has .hack//INFECTION was, MUTATION is even shorter. Then again, don't go through the entire game with Ap Do, haha. :) Even still, story-wise as well as gameplay-wise, it is shorter than INFECTION. I highly recommend you watch MUTATION'S LIMINALITY DVD [I]after[/I] playing through the game. Trust me. ;)

[COLOR=blue]
After playing the game? Oops...I watched it before and I had no clue what was going on. Mutation is a really cool game in my opinion but since it's so close to the first game, I think they should have made all of this into one box set. (Like Arc the Lad.) Also, I have two questions for people who have gotten far in the game.

[B]1.[/B] In Infection, there was a floating mummy. Now there's some sort of strange whale floating around in some of the areas. Is this in any way similiar to the mummy?

[B]2.[/B] Is there an item that is named after your character? My name in the game is Geist, and I've seen some people with a pair of gauntlets named, "Geist Ring" for trade. This isn't a coincidence, is it? (That would be strange if it was.)
[/COLOR]

[quote]After playing the game? Oops...I watched it before and I had no clue what was going on. Mutation is a really cool game in my opinion but since it's so close to the first game, I think they should have made all of this into one box set. (Like Arc the Lad.)[/quote] In an interview, they said they considered that, but the cost would scare fans and players alike. Also, one of the creators (I think the writer) said that he wanted to make the games play as if you were reading manga: the first part starts the story, the second builds on that foundation, the third is the climax, and the last is the resolution of everything. I understand where you are coming from, but aren't the suspense at the end of both games worth it? Now I can't wait, haha. [quote]1. In Infection, there was a floating mummy. Now there's some sort of strange whale floating around in some of the areas. Is this in any way similiar to the mummy?[/quote] In the Delta servers, yes there is a Giant Mummy rotating in the air. In the Theta server, there is a floating castle. Now, in the Lambda server, there's that whale thing. The following is for only people who have beaten one game or the other (or both): [spoiler]In the first one, you went to the Mummy place, but you could see the floating castle in the Theta server. In the second one, you go to the floating castle (which is actually a city), but you see the "whale" in the Lambda server. Now, guess what happens in the third game? :) [/spoiler] [quote]2. Is there an item that is named after your character? My name in the game is Geist, and I've seen some people with a pair of gauntlets named, "Geist Ring" for trade. This isn't a coincidence, is it? (That would be strange if it was.)[/quote] Not surprisingly, there are arms and armors that are named after players (or vice-versa). Is Geist a certain character? There are a few popular references here and there, but the only named-after gear I remember at the moment is Benkei Guard (after Benkei, of course). That's a good observation, haha.

[COLOR=blue]
Yes, you're right. The suspense is worth it. :D Thanks for clearing up the mystery of the strange floating objects. ([SPOILER]I never noticed the castle before.[/SPOILER]) I renamed Kite to, "Geist" by the way, so it's my name in the game. I was just asking if the armor, "Geist Ring" is actually, "(Player Name) Ring". Also, is it just me, or do male wavemasters seem depressed most of the time? And who are you're favorite players to bring with you to the dungeons? And who do you hate to bring? I always bring Elk and Sanjuro or Elk and Mia. (I just like Elk's character for some reason.) And I hate bringing [SPOILER]Nuke and Rachael[/SPOILER] with me.

[B]EDIT:[/B][SPOILER]After seeing the characters from .Hack//sign in the game, I want to go buy the anime now. Also, can you unlock those four scenes as movies?[/SPOILER]
[/COLOR]

No, it's not "[Player Name] Ring," just a really cool coincidence. Male wavemasters seem depressed? [spoiler]What about Wiseman? He looks-uh-not depressed.[/spoiler] Who do I usually bring? Well, my favorite team is Blackrose and Mistral (haha, they are hilarious!). I usually bring my people in groups: Blackrose and Mistral, Mia and Elk, Sanjuro and Gardenia, etc etc... If one person in the group isn't on, I usually don't bother bringing the other. Obviously, there are exceptions, haha [spoiler](Was it just me, or was Mia MIA throughout all of MUTATION?)[/spoiler], but that's usually only among the people I like less. [spoiler]Nuke's weird, but ok in my book. Rachel, on the other hand... ugh, that voice...[/spoiler]

As for your EDIT question, no, sorry. [spoiler]At the end of MUTATION, you should have a total of 42 movies, no more, no less. Yeah, watch the anime, it helps a lot, haha.[/spoiler]

[COLOR=blue]
A coincedence, huh? I didn't think they would use that name in an RPG...I guess my question about the wavemasters would have only worked if we were talking about .hack//infection. I forgot about Wiseman. (It bothers me that David Lucas does the English voiceover.) So is it just Elk and Tsukasa's personalies then? Also, what do you think they should have added or removed in the game? I think they should have added some unique areas that don't have anything to do with the story, (like Delta: Hidden Forbidden Holy Ground,) and also, some other characters fighting the areas. They all seem so empty.
[/COLOR]

• 1 month later...
I just got the game today and all i can say is: "Oh my god, Carmina Gatelica has the most amazing scenery!"

I hated fighting Innus (which is as far as I have gotten). Not only is the character ugly, but Mistral (who must be on the team) is useless in the fight (save healing everyone).

Now I am worried about fighting Cubia. Does anyone have any tips? I already know about the Repth Core, but that is it.

[color=crimson]I hope to be posting in this thread soon, lol. I finished the first again, getting everything that I wanted and defeating the secret boss in the secret dungeon [man that was more annoying than difficult.]

Any suggestions before I transfer it over into Mutation? Level 32 I believe, with the argueablely best weapon in the game and highest level armor for Kite and the Dryad's Sword and top notch armor for Blackrose, and pretty much the same for the rest of the supporting cast.[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by DeathKnight [/i]
[B][color=crimson]I hope to be posting in this thread soon, lol. I finished the first again, getting everything that I wanted and defeating the secret boss in the secret dungeon [man that was more annoying than difficult.]

Any suggestions before I transfer it over into Mutation? Level 32 I believe, with the argueablely best weapon in the game and highest level armor for Kite and the Dryad's Sword and top notch armor for Blackrose, and pretty much the same for the rest of the supporting cast.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE] Haha, yeah, I know what you mean. I hope you Data Drained him, unlike me. :(

Anyway, I suggest you don't waste time going around, or trading and collecting arms and gear: as soon as you start MUTATION, you will throw EVERYTHING (even that rare weapon) away. That's the one thing that ticked me off. Immediately, everyone in the towns will have better stuff for you, or you will get better gear very soon. Haha, So don't be like me, who powered up to level 36 waiting for the sequel, and traded an arm and a leg for those "special" trades! :blush: Out of curiousity, what group do you use, and why?

EDIT: Oh, one last thing: finish the Zeit Statue sidequest before playing MUTATION, because my bro didn't, and now the place I did it at changed. Haha, I didn't want him to go through what I did (my word history in Delta is flooded with like 100 "Chronicling" stages!), but it looks like he will have to, or just restart MUTATION.[quote]Now I am worried about fighting Cubia. Does anyone have any tips? I already know about the Repth Core, but that is it.[/quote] Repth Core? What the hell? Haha, I was [I]VERY[/I] direct when fighting Cubia. Anyway, yeah, the game really does know how to make things/enemies daunting, but Cubia's slim-pickin's. Don't let him intimidate you, and everything should be fine. Besides that, I'd rather not hold your hand and tell you what to do: 1. that's just spoiling things, and 2. guides are for sissies (except for that grunty raising :rolleyes: ).

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by AzureWolf [/i]
[B]Haha, yeah, I know what you mean. I hope you Data Drained him, unlike me. :([/B][/QUOTE]

[color=crimson]I haven't had a chance to use the [spoiler]Hyakkidouran [spelling errors, i'm sure][/spoiler] yet. It looks almost worse than the Bom-Ba-Ye since you lose so much accuracy.. but the skills it has are quite nice. ^_~ I'll have to try it out. =)[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by AzureWolf [/i]
[B]Anyway, I suggest you don't waste time going around, or trading and collecting arms and gear: as soon as you start MUTATION, you will throw EVERYTHING (even that rare weapon) away.[/B][/QUOTE]

[color=crimson]Ahhhh I love it when things you take hours to do end up meaning nothing. lol.[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by AzureWolf[/i]
[b]Out of curiousity, what group do you use, and why?[/b][/quote]

[color=crimson]I honestly like the generic party just having Blackrose and Mistral. Sometimes I drag along Gardenia because she does sweet damage with the best spear.. I dont really have a set group, lol. Just what I feel like at the time.[/color]

[quote][i]Originally posted by AzureWolf[/i]
[b]Oh, one last thing: finish the Zeit Statue sidequest before playing MUTATION, because my bro didn't, and now the place I did it at changed. Haha, I didn't want him to go through what I did (my word history in Delta is flooded with like 100 "Chronicling" stages!), but it looks like he will have to, or just restart MUTATION[/b][/quote]

[color=crimson] Yea, I was planning on doing that tonight. Maybe get the rest of the Ryu Books just for fun, lol.[/color]

>> Repth Core? What the hell? Haha, I was VERY direct when fighting Cubia. Anyway, yeah, the game really does know how to make things/enemies daunting, but Cubia's slim-pickin's. Don't let him intimidate you, and everything should be fine. Besides that, I'd rather not hold your hand and tell you what to do: 1. that's just spoiling things, and 2. guides are for sissies (except for that grunty raising).>>

Sorry, got the wrong name online. It is actually called a "Repth Gorma." Cubia was too easy. In fact the whole game was. I beat it in two days. And anyway, guides are not for sissies. Only reading the full blurb in walkthroughs is. I use guides to see how far along I am and what type of cool **** I can get from the Gott Statues and the Ryu Books. Anything else can be learned along the way. :devil:

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by ars_magicae [/i]
[B]if mutation is that easy ( I beat infection in three days ) then it will be no sweat for me i mean i think can beat it in one day and if i cant then two days is the tops. lol [/B][/QUOTE]

I think that it will take more then one day for anyone. For me it took a total of about twenty hours (spread over two days), maybe more. The biggest problem is there are a lot of movies and they are not even close to short, though they do give you a lot of info.

Also, the ending is great and holds a huge surprise that alters everything.

Indeed, the MUTATION ending is very dramatic. The only reason it took you twenty hours, Black_Phoenix, is probably because you didn't use Ap Do (speed charm) to go through all the stages. It takes only ten hours then, so it is feasible in one day.

• 2 months later...
A tip on the repth core is that i brought Nuke and Elk i told them to use Magic when it said phys. tolerance and vise versa on the magic tolerance. And them either was healing with Kite, using some kind of dance(twin darkness, etc.), or using the lv.2 fire tornado technique (which i can't think of the name to save my life) but it worked in one try for me

• 2 weeks later...