OtakuBoards

American Idol....Clay Aiken should WIN!

Queen Asuka

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Semjaza Azazel [/i]
[B]
I like Ruben, he has a good voice... but at the same time, like I said earlier, he brings nothing new. He doesn't have a distinctive voice. If he was on the radio instead, I'd have no idea who he was. He sounds like so many other R&B male singers I hear, and I honestly personally know guys that have better voices... Still, congratulations to him.[/quote][/b]

[color=hotpink][size=1]I totally agree, and that's been my argument all along. I was very SAD last night when I watched American Idol for two hours last night and Ruben won. He wasn't nothing special. My theory that I developed is, people voted for him because he was familiar and he was a style that a lot of people already liked. But everything you just said was exactly what I was thinking.[/color][/size]

[quote][b]As for Clay... He's cheesy, but I liked him. The notes that he hit before really set him apart. I just got the sense that he was more of a musical personality, rather than just a random singer... but it wasn't to be I guess heh.[/quote][/b]

[color=hotpink][size=1]He's not CHEESY. He's adorable. He has lots of personality when he sings and that's what makes him so great. Everytime he carried out those long notes it made me melt. I really hope he gets some sort of deal, especially since it was so close, so that I can hear him sing again. I am very disappointed in America, but then again, when I think about it, lots of people in America aren't very intelligent. So yes...that's my opinion on the matter.[/color][/size]

[quote][b]Only 1,300 between the two. [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=hotpink][size=1]Which makes me regret that I only called in one time instead of 1,336 times. *Sighs deeply*

BY THE WAY, what do you guys think of Kelly Clark? I still don't think she's all that great and Justin should have won last season.[/color][/size]

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There was a 1,300 vote margin between the two. I'm sure more than a milion people voted, I don't know the exact number though

Personally I think Clay should've won, thats my opinion. I know bickering isn't gonna change a thing.

And besides does it really matter who one? In the end they both win! They both get the record labels, and they both have a CD coming out. So in my mind they both won. So yipee! Congrats on both of them.

I think everyone was looking at American Idol and pointing every finger they could at it, simply because it is the biggest thing going on right now. I mean lets face it nothing that fascinating is going on right now, except the new bombings and such and this would be a way to take away from that.

I don't think American Idol was rigged in anyway, its stupid how people make all these judgements and quite frankly its annoying.

I didn't really like Ruben that much. He had a great voice no doubt, but his voice had no character. It failed quite often too, not that noticeably but it still did.

Clay's voice is/was absolutely amazing. It is so BIG. Its not loud though. He has more talent then Ruben did, but Ruben had the personality ya know? Plus he does have some talent! So like Simon said about those two being in the finals....

"From the start I said American Idol was about either talent or image. This year was talent and America I think you chose right."

Those two were the best. So lets just be happy for 'em both!

Wow, I can`t believe Ruben won, I am so proud of him. However I do feel a bit sad that Clay did not win.

At school, when I was talking about my it with my friends, my friends were saying that it`s good a black person won American Idol.Man I was getting sick of their racist cooments. They said that Clay would of won because he was white and stuff like that.

I said that it didn`t matter wheather the top 2 were black or white. The competition was a contest on how well they could sing. If the contest was really based on looks and apperance, then I am most likely sure that Ruben and Clay would have not been in the top 2.

Last season`s competition was a battle of looks because not too many people could sing.(My opinion). I wish my friends would understand that in the competition it doesn`t matter what the Idols look like or thier ethnic background, but on how well they could sing.

[color=darkblue]Don't worry, people. I'm sure Clay will get his own record deal and make booku bucks. I doubt he'll suffer terribly.

Clay is a better singer, but Reuben has more star quality, and he's more marketable. Simple as that.

I like that fact that someone who is not seen as Hollywood beautiful won. [/color]

Guest Fly-T
Ima give props to Ruben...He did his thing and look the outcome....
I like his teddy bear lookin' smile....wish i had a smile like that

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Dark_Gotenks
I kno its long over but, even though i liked ruben i think clay actually won. Because they made both of them record a cd, and now clay has the most sales of his cd by 50,000

Clay may not have won the recording contract promised to the winner of American Idol, but that doesn't mean a record executive didn't sign him anyway. Kelly won the first American Idol, but Justin (who got second place) is releasing an album soon.