OtakuBoards

Jackie Chan or Jet Li?

DarK DeatH

[b][size=1]
He does? I thought he only just like, approves of everything in the cartoon, and that's pretty much all he did.

Because to me, the cartoon him sounds nothing like him o_O[/b]

Hmm.. maybe we're all getting off topic, lol
*is in TV forum so maybe it's OK*[/size]

Guest cesar906
up to right know my favorite is jackie becaause he is funny and does his own stunts like in battle in the bronx hey did something that injured him and he still fnished filming it

JET, *****.

Did you SEEE Once upon a Time in China? Did you SEE Romeo Must Die? DID YOU SEE BODYGUARD FROM BEIJING?

DAMMIT DID YOU SEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE TH E ONE???????

Damn, no comparison.Jet li whoops all.. he's also a better actor... Chan tends to overract (did you SEE Drunken Master 2??? hahhaha), and all he does is comedy, pretty much.. People just haven't experienced enoguh of the Jet action since Jackie shan has a lot of movies in America and a cartoon show with a character tht doesn't look like him...

I have nothing against his martial arts, but Jet is better.

Bruce Lee is better than both, though.. I mean, how many people can honestly say that they think either of those is better than a man who acted in a ton of movies, AND created his own martial arts style?

[b][size=1]
Yeah. Jackie broke his foot (or ankle or something, lol) when he was doing Rumble In The Bronx, so he had a special sock made that looked like a shoe, which he wore over his cast, so that filming could continue while he acted with a broken leg.

[/b]He's so cool like that ^__^[/size]

The One was a damned great movie for Jet Li... The fight of him against himself was simply the greatest... I would like to see a movie with Jackie and Jet both in it... Even if it would be weird, I think it would be cool.

You theink The One was good..buth that was one of his worst movies, so you'll love his other stuff...

Jet became national wushu champion at age 12 and kept his title for 5 years. Beat that, Jackie fans.

[b][size=1]
One of his worst movies? How do you get that? The storyline or the martial arts in it? All I know is that the fighting was totally different from a lot of his other films, and I enjoyed it mainly for that reason alone. -.-

As for the championship thing..
[quote]From [i]JetLi.com[/i][/b]
Very soon after we returned to China, they started training us in earnest again. Competitions were coming up - and this time they were official tournaments. Later that year, I competed in the All-China Youth Championships. "Youth" meant everyone under the age of 18. I guess that would count as my first official national championship title.

But winning the youth championships had allowed me to "skip a grade" - that is, I became eligible to compete in the 18-and-over category. There I was, a 12-year old competing against people in their twenties and thirties.

In May of 1975, an important invitational tournament was held in Kunming, Yunnan Province, for participants from eight big cities. Essentially, it was an invitational for prominent athletes to test their skills against each other, a kind of prelude to the National Games. There were five events and I happened to win first place in each category. Things were going well. But everybody's main focus was the National Games.

Even though it was a preliminary round, I still had to take it seriously. That performance would prove to be a fateful one. I stepped onto the carpet to start my sabre form. The very first move I made was an accident. I sliced myself with my broadsword. Just cut a big gash on the side of my head. Funny thing was, I had no idea.

I walked up to the platform and ripped off the bandage. A nurse was standing by with disinfectant and a syringe. "Immediately after you finish," she told me, "come over here so I can clean your wound and cover it up again." The cut hadn't healed yet, and they were all afraid that the exposure to sweat and dirt might get it infected.

My winning first place caused quite a sensation, because I was so young. I was 12 years old, and the other two medallists were in their mid- to late twenties. During the awards ceremony, as I stood on the top step of the podium, I was still shorter than the 2nd and 3rd place medallists. It must have been quite a sight.[/quote]

Bleh. I guess I still like Jet Li more than Jackie Chan =p

EDIT: *throws tomato at Juu* =p[/size]

[color=ff00cc] [size=1]I don't really like either of them [i]too[/i] much. They both basically seem to get the same type of parts. Like, they both usually just end up the action half of the movies, and have some sort of sidekick. And in their more recent movies, they always seem to end up as a cop or detective. oo;

*dodges tomatoes*[/color] [/size]

What? You think The One was one of his worst movies? You must be kidding... That movie was awesome, I mean, it's not in any movie that you will see a fight between Jet Li and Jet Li, and guess what? Both Jet Li's using different fighting styles... If you think that was one of his worst movies, than I don't know what...

Guest Steiner
i started thinking about the 2 guys and even though i like jackie better i reckon jean claud van damme is better he rocks he is the real Sh%.@

Guest Steiner
I thought he was good in Street fighter (though the accent wasnt good in it for a full born and bread american like guile), but any way i thought he rocked Van damme was the person who got me hooked on martial arts movies and even inspired me to take karate.

Van damme rules!

Guest Steiner
I was just reading some stuff about jet li and him and jackie are set to make a movie, they were goin to begin shooting late 2002 sorry that all the info i know

I like jet the most hes a really good actor. Because in lethal weapon 4 he didnt know english and now he does and i reckon hes got quite alot of emotion in his films look at the one, he shows pleanty thier and even in the black mask whicg i personaly think was one of his worst movies. and i would kill to see a movie with jet and jackie, how mad would that be.