OtakuBoards

Whats the scariest Movie around?

Blue Truth

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Mitch [/i]
[B][color=black][size=1][font=rockwell] [i]Rose Red[/i]? You're kidding, right? That movie's not even scary. Period. Stephen King's books/ movies/ whatever never scare me. *shrug* I guess I'm just not as scared as easily.

I don't know a freakishly, ostentatiously scary movie. There's too many to name, and I really haven't exactly seen too many.[/size][/font][/color] [/B][/QUOTE]
You have to understand that I don't see very many scary movies. You could count the number I've seen with one hand, probably.

Elm Street 1, New Nightmare, a Hellraiser movie, Scream, I Know What you DidLast Summer, Haunting...

Yeah, that's about all I've seen. And Rose Red (the first half, anyway) scared me more than those movies. (as opposed to just startling me, which just about any movie can do to me with the right violin arrangement)

Anyway, yeah. I'm easy to scare. It's quite sad, really.

Ok I haven't seen one movie that has scared me ever, the only one that came close was pretty freaky but I dont remember the name. But a good scary movie is "The Ends of Days" good horror movie there. The only thing that ever scared me was a book, which is very strange. The book was The Right Hand of Evil by John Saul. I dont know why but the ending was freaky.

[color=indigo]The Ring wasw quite freaky...for some reason I found it thoroughly disturbing.

Cape Fear (With Mitchum not DeNiro) is quite suspensful, I thought IT was scary when I was eight (I still hate clowns because of it), and Hitchcock's movies (besides the birds) are pretty scary.[/color]

The Shining, The Ring, The Exorcist, Suspiria.. all real creepy movies.

There's also this one that has a mum and her two kids living in a huge mansion, where the kis are allergic to light. A house maid applies for a job there, and gets it, and the story goes from there. Weird stuff happens.. anyway it turns out the mother and her kids are ghosts, and the reason they were dead is because the kids died when they were young, and the mother shot herself.. or something like that. Very interesting movie.. just wish I knew the name of it. I'm pretty sure that Nicole Kidman acts as the mother in this movie aswell.. I really think this movie is the scariest movie I've ever seen for ages.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Mei [/i]
[B][color=green]Am I the ONLY person who WASN'T scared by The Ring?T.T I feel strange...movies never scare me..unless they have clowns in them...[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

I agree, i wasn't scared by the ring at all it was rather boring. I was going to check out the ringu series(heard theres about twelve) but haven't yet. Killer Klowns from Outer Space was creepy but not scary. I was watching hardcore horror when i was 2 so nothing affects me as much. Jaws scared me when i was younger. The only thing i am scared of right now is algebra and Barney. Pikachu too.

I wached horror movies on Sci-Fi....god B-movies are creepy!
The Ring was creepy,I couldn't sleep!
I can't stand horror movies,but I wach them anyway.
I saw one on Sci-Fi and it was kinda like Resident Evil,but aliens created the virus,and affected humans,and it brings back a killer,and Killer Space Clowns from Outer Space.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Fall [/i]
[B]
There's also this one that has a mum and her two kids living in a huge mansion, where the kis are allergic to light. A house maid applies for a job there, and gets it, and the story goes from there. Weird stuff happens... Very interesting movie.. just wish I knew the name of it. I'm pretty sure that Nicole Kidman acts as the mother in this movie aswell.. I really think this movie is the scariest movie I've ever seen for ages. [/B][/QUOTE]

You're thinking of The Others. But, you might want to fix your post so it doesn't give away any spoilers.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Mei [/i]
[B][color=green]I feel strange...movies never scare me..unless they have clowns in them...>>[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]
Well, I'm guessin "Killer Klowns From Outer Space" scared the HELL outta ya. :D I'm just messin wit ya.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by DeathKnight [/i]
[B][color=crimson]Leprechaun in the Hood, of course.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]
ROTFLMAO

Anyway, on a serious note. I'm usually not one to really admit that somethin scared me, but that movie "The Ring" is quite possibly one of the scariest I've seen(especially when you watch the DVD and watch the section where it says "Do Not Watch This."). The movie itself wasnt really that scary until that damn woman came outta the TV. I swear, if I had watched that in the theater, and it was in 3D...I probably would've had a heart attack in there.

But yeah, "The Ring" is probably one of the scariest movies ever...other than "Poltergiest"(but I watched that when I was a kid, and the scary part of it was that some of that ish could've really happened in real life. That was the main thing that was scary about that movie)

The scariest movie of all time would have to be 'Face/Off' Because John Travolta is enough to give you nightmares but having nicolas cage in it aswell is gonna haunt you for life, they are sooo old and ugly ewww!! hehe!!!Nah, i'll be serious now... Ghost ship is the scariest movie in the world, i saw it at midnight with 2 of my friends and we were the only people in the whole place and they needed to go to the toilet and i was there on my own..... eek!!!AGHH!!!

The Ring? It's okay. I agree with Jinzouningen17. It wasn't scary at all until [spoiler] the woman came out of the TV and attacked that guy [/spoiler]

Haha, when I was really little, I watched "IT" and I've been afraid of clowns ever since.

[size=1][color=crimson]Clowns.. are the scariest thing ever (if you're scared of clowns, try a crappy film called Camp Blood.. eugh).

The Ring would have been [i]so[/i] much scarier if I didn't ask James to tell me everything about it before I saw it. Originally I wasn't gonna see it because it sounded so scary.. but overall it was mediocre-ish scary.

[b]Edit:[/b] Jeh told me about this... [email][email protected][/email][/size][/color]

Guest Fiasco
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by James [/i]
[B][color=#808080]Darkness Falls? Peh.

Go and see The Ring. Or go and see one of its Japanese originals.

Either way, it's the scariest series of movies I have ever seen.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

I agree, The Ring scared the sh*t outta me. [Excuse my language, but I almost crapped my pants] Also, Darkness Falls wasn't spooky, the entire movie was predictable. It was more of a comedy then a horror film.

Guest Steiner
I just finished wacthing the ring and i have to say WHAT A LET DOWN!
i mean i thought from what people have told me that it would be scary, I didnt find it scary in the least though i did find the horse blender pretty funny.

I didn't find The Ring scary. I got jolted a few times, but I expected to be scared out of my mind the whole way through. The atmosphere was set up perfectly, and was the scariest thing in the whole movie, but it was all glitz and no substance. The plot seemed like it was leading up to something huge, but we get one scene that doesn't make any sense, and then the end. We had no explination to anything and a thrown together conclusion. A well made movie, but I didn't feel that it's as good as others say.

Anyways, while it isn't a horror film, Se7en is probably the scariest film I've ever seen. Not because a zombie jumps out or something, and not because there's supernatural forces that we never see until the end. It's because the movie plays mind games with you until the amazing ending. The use of intense and disturbing scenes along with the atmosphere makes it one of the most intense and heart-pounding movies I've ever seen. I'm glad to see a film that scares me without resorting to supernatural entities. Anyone who really wants a movie that messes with their minds, watch Se7en.

• 2 weeks later...
I doubt its the most "scary" movie out..BUT! "The Ring" totally freaked me. Im sorry for those that disagree and say its not scary..but i guess its not in some respect. I however..despise people crawling at me..and when that evil little girl crawled at the end of the movie *shivers* X___X!!! kowaii desu ne...

I had nightmares for the next week, i HAD to fall asleep with my tv on..because i was half afraid that if i turned it off the bloody thing would come on with the movie! X___x!!

*eye twitches*

Although...having said that. I'd jump a mile to see the Japanese version ^______^

[color=green]Double-posting isn't allowed. I combined your two posts into one.
--Manic[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by ThePikasElbow [/i]
[B] The plot seemed like it was leading up to something huge, but we get one scene that doesn't make any sense, and then the end. We had no explination to anything and a thrown together conclusion. A well made movie, but I didn't feel that it's as good as others say.

[/B][/QUOTE]

[color=#808080]What about it didn't make sense? I'd be happy to explain it; I'm the resident Ring expert. ~_^

Bishie, please do not double post. It's against the rules.

But, you're right...the Japanese movies are better. They're more scary. And the final sequence in "Ring" is far worse than the Americna version...far far worse. Go watch it. ~_^[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Bishie [/i]
[B]I had nightmares for the next week, i HAD to fall asleep with my tv on..because i was half afraid that if i turned it off the bloody thing would come on with the movie! X___x!! [/B][/QUOTE]

[size=1][color=crimson]That's exactly what I did, apart from I didn't have nightmares. Just get scared around turned off TVs... a.... *turns on TV* .. little. ^_^;; I still sleep with the TV on, I can't deal with the overbearing silence.. u_u;[/size][/color]

Horror movies don't scare me much. I was horrified of Gremlins and the Cryptkeeper as a child, but I have since grown out of both.

The last movie that ever "scared" me was "Signs". It wasn't scary, but the scenes involving the aliens happen so quick and out of nowhere that you just have to get a bit of a jolt. "Hellraiser" is the scariest, true horror movie I've seen in years (I saw is about 5 years ago).

Se7en, while not a horror movie, can be agreed to be a huge mind twister with grotesque images and a perfectly disturbing atmosphere.

[COLOR=darkred][SIZE=1]Well. . I don't really get scared at movies. . I mean, I think everyone has moments that they jump in a movie, but that is because they plan it that way. . half the stuff isn't even remotely scary, but because it just pops out at you, you jump. . I don't really count that as being scared *shrug*

The absolute scariest movie that I have ever seen would be: Arachnaphobia. . . I was messed up for weeks on end. I watched it when it first came out to video (like. . when I was 8ish?). . I couldn't get to sleep under my covers, cause I thought there would be spiders at the end of the bed, trying to bite my feet. . *shudders*. . Least I am over that *looks down at feet*. . yikes. [/SIZE][/COLOR]