OtakuBoards

Sonic Heroes

DJ. Tatum

Sonic Heroes is the next Sonic game, it's mentioned in my E3 thread.

It's for all the major systems: GC, PS2 and Xbox. Looks like another Sonic Adventure style game... but the levels seem a bit more like the Genesis Sonic games' look.

Instead of just controlling one character at a time, you control 3 at once. They all run together and you can switch characters at the touch of a button to take care of certain tasks that might require them. Tails can fly and carry the other two... Sonic is the fastest and has some wind attack and Knuckles can glide, climb and throw things/characters.

I believe there will be 14 levels when it's all done.

I can't find any shots I can direct link.

[URL=http://www.www1.charper.net/~e3/sonicheroes_051203.mov]Here's a video of the game[/URL]

There are quite a few teams, which will probably mean different strategies, or stages.

Confirmed teams:

[B]Team Hero[/B] -Sonic, Tails and Knux
[B]Team Chaotix[/B] -Espio, Charmy and Vector (OLD SCHOOL!)
[B]Team Dark[/B] -Shadow (how?), E-??? (I suppose that it's a new model), and Rouge
[B]Team Flyer (Not sure of the name)[/B] -Cream, Amy and Big (who finally learned to run fast.

Also, among other sights, Mecha Sonic was shown in the official Trailer. Also, all the characters have either modified clothes, or their "Genesis era" looks (the shoes are the biggest example).

I think that this might be another awesome Sonic. I also wanted to know when this game comes out. And you said this game comes out for all the major systems, so I plan on buying it for the PS2 if thats right.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Turkey [/i]
[B][URL=http://www.www1.charper.net/~e3/sonicheroes_051203.mov]Here's a video of the game[/URL]

There are quite a few teams, which will probably mean different strategies, or stages.

Confirmed teams:

[B]Team Hero[/B] -Sonic, Tails and Knux
[B]Team Chaotix[/B] -Espio, Charmy and Vector (OLD SCHOOL!)
[B]Team Dark[/B] -Shadow (how?), E-??? (I suppose that it's a new model), and Rouge
[B]Team Flyer (Not sure of the name)[/B] -Cream, Amy and Big (who finally learned to run fast.

Also, among other sights, Mecha Sonic was shown in the official Trailer. Also, all the characters have either modified clothes, or their "Genesis era" looks (the shoes are the biggest example). [/B][/QUOTE]

It's Team Rose, FYI.

[color=#808080]Aw Espio...how cool. ^_^;

Anyway, yeah. I'm looking forward to this game. It certainly seems like a more interesting concept than previous Sonic games...and this game doesn't seem to be pretending to be something it's not (ie: pretending to be Mario).

SA and SA2 had too many "slow" levels. I didn't like that. This game looks like it'll be more old school, in terms of being speed-based. But at the same time, the teams will liven things up a bit.

I can't wait. ^_^[/color]

[color=indigo]Hmm, this game looks pretty good, judging from that video. I just hope they improve the play control and camera over Sonic Adventure and Sonic Adventure 2. I tried playing SA2 Battle when I borrowed it from a friend, but those two things just ruined it for me. It seemed like half the reason the game was at all hard was because of those things, too. And that's something that really, really annoys me in video games.

Also, I'm kind of wondering if they'll have a multiplayer mode where two or three players could each control one of the characters. Kind of like how one person would play as Sonic and the other as Tails in the old Genesis games. If done right, I think that could be really fun.[/color]

Guest visser 3
Well by reading this thread it sounds awsome plus Xra also filled me in on it, but it sounds like it will be the best game ever.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Desbreko [/i]
[B][color=indigo]Also, I'm kind of wondering if they'll have a multiplayer mode where two or three players could each control one of the characters. Kind of like how one person would play as Sonic and the other as Tails in the old Genesis games. If done right, I think that could be really fun.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

Hehe, or maybe they'll just make it a 2 player game, you choose the teams, and the first one to the end of the level wins. It would seem decent enough to say the least.

I'm already planning to get this game, but one thing annoyed me. Those robots in the movie, looked kinda pitiful and I know Eggman can do better. Is there any hope of better looking baddies and robots?

I personally don't think that this will be the old school Sonic title that everyone is waiting for, but it's definitely a step up from the Sonic Adventure ports.

The teamwork aspect sounds really intriguing. The possibilities it should open up could actually make it the first Sonic game worth playing in quite a while. But, although the partner system doesn't seem to be a worthless gimmick (like the one in Knuckles Chaotix) it does leave me wondering if puzzles might get in the way of the blistering sensation of speed I like in the series.

-Eps

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Charles [/i]
[B]I personally don't think that this will be the old school Sonic title that everyone is waiting for, but it's definitely a step up from the Sonic Adventure ports.
[/B][/QUOTE]

Total Agreement. I don't think this will be as old school as everyone thinks it will be- I just meant old school characters. As long as there is no camera problem, I don't think anything can hold this game back.

I hope they have chaos in it, it wont make the game bad without, but I really liked the chao game, it gave me something to do after i beat it, although they should figure out a way to make it interfere a little less with the actual gameplay, then it would only effect those who really want to play with the chaos

[color=indigo]Yeah, they should make it optional for whether or not you want to enter the Chao Garden after a level, if they include it. It always annoyed me that I had to enter and then leave the Chao Garden in between levels in SA2B. It should just automatically drop off the stuff you collected in the level into the garden without you actually having to go into it.[/color]

• 1 month later...
[size=1][color=green]What do you think about it? What it is, is you control 3 characters at once. Baically a Strong Character, a Fast Character and a FLying Character. Like SA2 and SA2B there are different teams. This time. There are four.

[color=blue][b]Team Sonic[/b] - Sonic the Hedgehog, Knuckles the Echidna and Tails the Two-Tailed Fox[/color]
[color=sandybrown][b]Team Rose[/b] - Amy Rose the Hedgehog, Big the Cat and Cream the Bunny [/color]
[color=crimson][b]Team Dark[/b] - Shadow the Hedgehog, Rouge the Bat and an Eggman Robot. (sorta like E-102 Gamma)[/color]
[color=purple][b]Team Chaotix[/b] - Espio the Chameleon, Charmy the Bee and Vector the Crocodile (sweet!)[/color]

Each team has their own Storyline! I think this game will truly be great! I love the idea with the teams. I'm not sure when this comes out but it will be coming out in Canada! Yay! (My friend gets =Nintendo Power=) It was in there! It might not be a while. But still![/color]

-=§=- :wave:[/size]

You know, this game sounds like it has a game engine similar to that of Mystical Ninja: Starring Goemon(N64.) Personally, I cant wait to check this one out! *looks on floor* omigosh...OH MY GOSH!!! a PENNY! Anyway where was I? Oh yeah, I've always been a fan of Sonic, and this dosent seem to be yet another Sonic Adventure, so I'm just counting the days 'till it arrives.

Guest Ultima Shadow
Heh, a penny.

Anyway this game looks pretty cool.I hope it won't be like Sonic Adventure 1 and 2.I can't wait till they release a demo or something.Until then I'll just have to drool over the screenshots.

Chaotix Forever!

[color=blue][size=1]Today [URL=http://www.cube.ign.com]IGNcube[/URL] posted a review of this game hands-on. Editor-in-chief, Matt Cassamassina, got to play a whole level as Team Sonic. He's actually very excited about the game after being quite skeptical before. Read his review by clicking [URL=http://cube.ign.com/articles/427/427787p1.html]here[/URL].
Also, make sure to look at the [URL=http://mediaviewer.ign.com/ignMediaPage.jsp?channel_id=74&object_id=552385&adtag=network=ign&site=cube&pagetype=medialist&page_title=Sonic%20Heroes]screenshots[/URL].[/size][/color]

I was reading about it in my EGM a while ago, and the game does look very promising. But I am mad that they're using Rouge the bat. I mean, come one, she's a lame charecter. Luckily, they are using Metal Sonic again as a villian, so that makes up for Rouge. I'm also glad that they chose some cool villians for the Chaotix team, instead of just making more crappy charecters to join the Sonic roster. I can't wait for this game, and hopefully it'll be better than the Adventre series.