OtakuBoards

Does anyone's parents (Other than mine) Disapprove of their child watching anime?

Bishie

[COLOR="DarkGreen"][FONT="Tahoma"][QUOTE=Hiko]My dad doesnt care that much but my mom doesnt like me watching it at all. She always tells me that she doesnt want me "associating with those kinds of people"
So thats what my parents think.[/QUOTE]So they don't want you associating with yourself Foof?

[I]*pokes you*[/I]

I kid. I know what your saying. I know people who's parents are like that. Makes me wonder if they'd suddenly change their opinion about me if they knew I watch the stuff.

Oh and while I'm here, you forgot to change your link to theO. With the user name change, it says this member doesn't exist when you click on it. XD[/FONT][/COLOR]

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am 14 and my mom doesn't let me watch certain anime, but i don't think she would care if it weren't for my older brother always trying to get me in trouble. I read alot of manga and watch alot of anime, just only the stuff that's rated T or 13+ (and the unrated too)

As a proud parent of two girls (11yrs & 14yrs), I am proud of the fact that they are into anime/manga as much as I am. We sit down and watch anime about 3-4 times a week and read manga when we get a chance. I don't understand why some parents deprive their children out of watching anime. Right now they're all into Shugo Chara. I personally can't get enough of BECK:MCS!:animesmil

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Plum"]My mom is surprisingly open-minded to anime. However, my dad and my brother think I'm an idiot for watching "stupid Japanese cartoons." My brother and dad seem to have the idea in their heads that animes are children's shows because they are cartoons, and that animes can't possibly be mature cartoons because they are not funny, like Family Guy and The Simpsons. -_- Yesh, they're bigots, but I don't care about their opinions; and you shouldn't care about your parents' opinions, as well! ^.^[/COLOR][/FONT]