OtakuBoards

.Hack//Infection

The (Sic) Shape

I love this game. I've only been playing for about 6 days, and I'm only up to the place where you meet Mia. (I can't beat it!!:angry2: )

This story is great and I love the characters and I like the music too.

~A .Hack fan!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by ladyscorp2006 [/i]
[B]who knows what happens when you put on all of the gobin stuff cuz i kinda sold all of mine so when i finised the game i couldnt do it. [/B][/QUOTE]

That was the best idea for the Goblin Items anyway.

Aside from the normal skill effects (such as Ap Do and Mui Lei) all that really happens is you gain a Lvl. 1 Summon. A large, gold Goblin appears in the air and your target(s) take damage.

Frankly, the Goblin Items are mostly useless. I never used the ones in Infection, but the ones in Mutation are not worth it. The skills are worthless, the Parameters (Attack, Evade, Element Levels, etc) are too low, and finding Summon scrolls in the highest level Dungeons of Dun Loreag is so much better.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by KingGogeta63090 [/i]
[B]Well I think that .hack is wicked kewl. The storyline is one of the best I have ever seen! Oh and .hack//mutation is #2 and .hack//quarentine is #4! But i cant remeber the name of #3 right now! [/B][/QUOTE]

The third .hack is Outbreak.

Does anyone know when outbreak is comming out? I think infection and Mutation were only about four months difference (I could be wrong). But I have already finished mutation, took me about two weeks, I thought it was short, but very well done.
*is actualy very honked off that balmung can't be added to the party yet*
I guess I have to level everyone up to 50+ before the next instalment comes out.

Actually, there's no set date. :( It was [I]supposed[/I] to be out August 5th, but officially, there's never been an announcement of OUTBREAK's release. My friend e-mailed Bandai, and they said just that: no date set yet. [quote]I guess I have to level everyone up to 50+ before the next instalment comes out.[/quote] Haha, tell me about it! I'm at level 56 with Kite, Blackrose, and Mistral. Everyone else is at level 55. =/

There must be a lot of miscommunication over the release date. IIRC [url]www.gamefaqs.com[/url] stated that it is in mid-October. I would venture to say that something happened along the way that caused a serious problem.

Oh, and an easy way to level up (not to mention get a lot of money for high level items) is to go to low levels in the Delta (Mac Anu) server and completely clear the field and dungeon. Generally you can get upwards of 100-150 points for both (not to mention the addition to the Ryu Books). Also open every tresure chest along the way then sell it back at the root town. That is how I got Kite, Blackrose, and Wiseman up to level 58.

[quote]There must be a lot of miscommunication over the release date. IIRC [url]www.gamefaqs.com[/url] stated that it is in mid-October. I would venture to say that something happened along the way that caused a serious problem.[/quote] Yeah, but you see the problem with that is the release date for the .hack card game (.hack//ENEMY) is mid-October. Another rumored release date was September 9th, which is the release date of the .hack//DUSK manga. So, these conflicts question whether OUTBREAK is being released the same time as another .hack merchandise, or these dates are inaccurately being put for OUTBREAK. [quote]Oh, and an easy way to level up (not to mention get a lot of money for high level items) is to go to low levels in the Delta (Mac Anu) server and completely clear the field and dungeon. Generally you can get upwards of 100-150 points for both (not to mention the addition to the Ryu Books). Also open every tresure chest along the way then sell it back at the root town. That is how I got Kite, Blackrose, and Wiseman up to level 58.[/quote] 58?! Whoa! :eek: Haha, that's just crazy! However, it doesn't sound like much fun to go to easy stages and level up. Besides, I need to increase the # of grandpa's, so I just go to 49 or 50 lvl stages. I'll probably try your (surprisingly clever) method after I have enough grandpa visits. :)

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by AzureWolf [/i]
[B]However, it doesn't sound like much fun to go to easy stages and level up. Besides, I need to increase the # of grandpa's, so I just go to 49 or 50 lvl stages. I'll probably try your (surprisingly clever) method after I have enough grandpa visits. :) [/B][/QUOTE]

I would lie to say that it is as fun as having a real challenge, but since I beat the game I am just stockpiling for the next one. As for the Grandpa visits. Go to level 15+ on the Delta server and there should be a Lvl. 1 Grandpa. All I know is that each server is [i]supposed[/i] to have a Grandpa in the highest level springs.

Guest cloud-strife
to bad there isn't a real online game with "the world " I hope they will make one and soon I won't be a kid forever

[color=green][size=1][i]Ok all I know is that the titles of the game tell you the story line. Like ummmm Outbreak something breaks out with the virus, and Quarintine(the 4th one). They find the cure, so thats all I really know. And I have to say this Infection is one of my favorite games, so thats my opinion.[/color][/size][/i]

Well, since this thread is for all .hack gaming stuff, I thought I'd post something I found a day or two ago. In my random dungeon surfing (you call it "crawling," I call it "fun" :p), I found a rare rod that seems to surpass the Great Elite, at least level-wise (haven't really looked at the stats yet). Here's the place:

[I]Lamda, Shattering Agonizing Wavemaster.[/I]

It takes a while, but Data Drain those big red guys and they will eventually cough up the goods. I think it's called the Rod of Piercing, or something to that effect. I was surprised to find a higher level rod than even the Great Elite.

Anyone else find this item before? If so, is it just an obvious item that I should have gotten, but just missed? I'm betting it's in all the Fire-type Wavemaster stages, but this place is the first one I've been to that's level 50.

AzureWolf, you are talking about the "Rod of Pattern" which is found by Data Draining a "Wander Demon." Since it is a Rare item it is difficult to obtain through the DD attack. Frankly, I tend to avoid Rare weapons since high level standards are nearly as good, and do not drop certain parameters down to low levels.

Go to [url]www.gamefaqs.com[/url] and you can find a list of the rare weapons found in the .Hack games, their locations, and what they do. There are even some that can only be found by searching cheat sites (since they are not found here in America yet)

OK im too lazy to read all this but i just got infection two days agao and its awesome but the snake boss was easy i just stayed to the side and staccatoed the snake and repthed elk and kite and elk didnt die once! But i dun like useing elk in the event dungoens cuase hes a pain untill hes powerful. but im about halfway through and i have mutation also plus both the infection and mutation guides if anyone wants any info.

You must be really good. Or at least a LOT better than me. I can't even get past the level to get Mia!! I suck... Oh well. I'll just have to get a friend to beat this one for me. Then I'll use the stats he got me to beat the next game!! Mwahahahahaha... *coughs* Yes, well. Laterzez...

~Lalalallalala~

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by dbzanimegrl17 [/i]
[B]You must be really good. Or at least a LOT better than me. I can't even get past the level to get Mia!! [/B][/QUOTE]

Do you happen to know which monsters/boss you have to face in the Mia mission? I have not played that stage for a while, but I may be able to give you some advice that can get you past it.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Black_Phoenix [/i]
[B]Do you happen to know which monsters/boss you have to face in the Mia mission? I have not played that stage for a while, but I may be able to give you some advice that can get you past it. [/B][/QUOTE]

Dont know about the monsters but I do know that the boss is a data bug Wyvern (the giant bird).

The only advice I can give is level up if you cant beat it.

While your fighting it just keep hitting it until you can data drain it.

If you need to heal, run to a corner and use an item or a spell.

Ahh, okay. I think you mean the Red Wyrm, a dragon/bat mix (or close to it). First off, leveling up is defiantely good. The best bet would probably be to bring your level up to the same as the field's level. IIRC, the Red Wyrm is a fire-type monster, which means any attacks starting with 'Rue' (water) are the best. Just have Blackrose attack up close while you attack with water magic, and keep healing you teammates. Once you can data drain it, do so, then try using [i]The Moon[/i] or [i]The Hanged Man[/i] to stop it from attacking (hopefully it works). Then just continue to hack away at its life points till you win.

Ohh crap i just deleted my own helpfull message. :: kicks himself in the ***:: Anyways here it goes again.

For the Boundless, corrupted, fort walls area the rock heads are the hard part not the boss. For the rock heads where there are three at once kill the face monster with them first so hes out of the way and then use any wood skills on the rocj heads plus staccado is a good skill when your at full health. Have a ton of health drinks for healing and dont use repth it will be a waste of sp. I would run to one side of the room and then when they come at me go after one hitting him as hard as possible and then i would run to the other side and heal then run back and hit the same guy untill hes dead. Now i might have had to run to the other side of the room alot more than twice toi kill each so dont think you can waste him in two attacks. Also data drain ASAP and just leave the data drained monster and go after the others. Now i got to the stairs to B4 and warped out cause i was sure i couldnt live through the rest of the dungeon and then i went off to level up alot so it wouldnt be so hard which helped and i also grabed 30 health drinks for the trip.

*Reads IkkiMechaPilot's post and shudders*

Oh yeah, I think I remember that level. I got completely plastered the first time i tried it. If it is the one one I am thinking of I remember my strategy that got me through. IIRC, the enemies were mostly in the large, square rooms and generally consisted of Rock Heads the giant masks.

My strategy was to get as far from the enemies by running away, then turning around, letting them get close enough to attack, then letting them have it with one of those "Tornado" type attacks (since they hit anything near the target), and finally just repeat that until you win. I would suggest having a "Rai" (Thunder) attack to take care of the mask-shaped monsters, since they tend to be a bigger pain (IMO) then the Rock Heads. Generally, direct attacks will get you killed quickly on that level (as I learned the first time).

• 2 weeks later...
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by IkkiMechaPilot [/i]
[B]I found a seriously glitched area! Check out phelta lonely oblivious fort walls there are olny two levels to the bacement and the gott statue treasure holds a stormlordhelm and two yellow candies. Its not corupted either so im wondering now. [/B][/QUOTE]

Which server? I cannot tell if that is supposed to be Delta or another. Also, what is the area's level?

I am not surprised that it holds a high level item. It may have been intentionally set up like that. Some levels are designed with high level items in the tresure chests.

[color=darkred][size=1]Well I bought the game yesterday and all I can say is that its awesome. Im stuck at the killer snake, at the feild where Elk brings you, I spent 10 mins just beating on it and resurecting Elk over, over and over again.. but im getting no where...

and anthor thing im having trouble with is getting all my awesome armor and weapons unto my other guys, when I use the "change equipment" none of my items show up for me to equip them with -_-

SOMONE HELP ME!!![/color][/size]