OtakuBoards

.Hack//Infection

The (Sic) Shape

[quote]and anthor thing im having trouble with is getting all my awesome armor and weapons unto my other guys, when I use the "change equipment" none of my items show up for me to equip them with[/quote] See, this equipment stuff is where you have to think in terms of an online game. A person can't equip/take something of yours without you voluntarily giving it away. So, you have to PERMANENTLY give your friends/party arms and armaments if you want them to equip it. Well... you could trade for it, but that's just rude. ;)

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Hack Helba [/i]
[B][color=darkred][size=1]Ok... now what about the killer snake?[/color][/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

First off, make sure you an elk are bulked up. Do not just jump into the dungeon blindly, clear the field first. Next, the Killer Snaker is an Earth Element monster (IIRC), so buy a lot of Wood Element attacks and just keep hitting it until you can Data Drain.

Also, as for the weapons, make sure you check that the character you give them to can use them. Some weapons and armor cannot be used by certain character types. This will be listed in the weapon's description at the bottom of the screen.

Guest King_Cloud690
I love infection! Its the best game ever! The others comin out r Mutation then Outbreak then Quarintine! I cannot wait till 3 and 4 come out!!

[color=darkred][size=1].hack was the worst RPG I have ever played.. It sucked in all ways, No Story, No character Backgrounds, Not long enough, No puzzles, Nothing that I wanted to get from it.. I dont know whats wrong with everyone saying "Its the best game ever" clearly havent played very many RPG's. The only reason Ill be buying game 2 is because of my love for .hack thats all[/color][/size]

yeah, .hack infection is one of the less outstanding rpg's out there, it is really short, no real backstory on the characters, but that is to be expected in a game that simulates a mmorpg. I liked the game because it has one of the best gaming engines I ever used, I really like the way it plays, the ability to have many characters that you can switch around in your team, kinda reminds me of FFX's system a little bit.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by ars_magicae [/i]
[B]yeah, .hack infection is one of the less outstanding rpg's out there, it is really short, no real backstory on the characters, but that is to be expected in a game that simulates a mmorpg.[/B][/QUOTE]

There is a slight backstory to the characters, but you have to pay close attention to the cut-scenes and the e-mails. For instance from the e-mails we learn that Blackrose is a Sophmore (IIRC) who enjoys tennis, and from the cut-scenes we learn that she is trying to help her friend Kazu, who is in a coma. In reality it is about the same for the .Hack//SIGN series. We learn a few things about people (Sora's general age, Subaru's handicap, Tsukasa's gender, etc.), but not a large amount of there actual lives.

To be honest, I like the .Hack games being short because .Hack//Infection was the first RPG I had ever played. I am good with games, but learning to control other characters at the same time is still tricky for a beginner.

• 5 weeks later...
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by satan665 [/i]
[B]Hey does anybody know about how to get aromatic grass? Elk and Mia always ramble on and on about it. Is there a level that has it in .Hack/Sign? [/B][/QUOTE]

When you reach Theta server (Dun Loreag) you can start to raise Grunties from the ranch at the far side of town. If you manage to raise an Iron Grunty it should have Aromatic Grass that you can trade for.

Cool, I tried twice and have both times gotten a noble grunty. Impressive enough that it has one of the silliest voices in the game so far. This game really has some strange voices. Anyway, is it worth doing? Do you get anything cool if you give Elk aromatic grass?

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by satan665 [/i]
[B]Cool, I tried twice and have both times gotten a noble grunty. Impressive enough that it has one of the silliest voices in the game so far. This game really has some strange voices. Anyway, is it worth doing? Do you get anything cool if you give Elk aromatic grass? [/B][/QUOTE]

To be honest, not really. Elk and Mia seem to be the only ones that do not do anything other then thank you for things. The Ryu Book V shows that there rating goes up, meaning they like you more, but they do not seem to send you any e-mails like the other players. All I can figure is maybe that will change in .Hack//Quarentine (4th game).

As for the Iron Grunty, try searching [url]www.gamefaqs.com[/url] -- [url]www.cheatcodes.com[/url] -- [url]www.gamewinners.com[/url] to find the list of foods to feed the Grunty in order to get each type.

Hey, I just want to know if any of you noticed that if check Ryu Book V, scroll down to the last of your friends, the scroll bar at the right isn't at the end yet??? I'm playing Outbreack and already have the "last" character [spoiler]Ryoko Terajima[/spoiler] and even though is the last of your friends along with [spoiler]Balmung[/spoiler] the bar just doesn't touch the bottom.

Maybe it's true, you can play as some .Hack//Sign characters.

Any thoughts/comments?