OtakuBoards

Dan Rugh's banners (updated often)

Dan Rugh

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OH NO!!!!! Your thread is starting to die!!! Not good. ^^ I actually like this one. I think the plain blue is a bit refreshing after all of the other colors and craziness I see when I look at everybody's banners. I also like the one where he is not completely blue. It's pretty. Very cool Dan. Very cool.
~haze

dude! will you make me new banners? one that will kinda match my avi, and one thats completly unrealated, and one that shows my unfilled love for Kai-Stern? please include

Unmatching: Erutis, Cris and (dark) Raenef (demon diary) "A girl, 2 boys, and a personality transplant.
Matching: Chii +dark Chii (chobits), Sakura (card captors), and Subaru (.hack//sign) saying "Warriors Can Be Pretty". italasizing Can.
Unfilled love for Kia-Stern: Kia-Stern drunk (it happens alot!), Kia-Sten, being wierd, and Kia-Stern. surrounded by hearts saying "he loves me, he loves me not, he loves me, he loves me not, he loves me..." please? just say if you cant find a drunk Kia-Stern i gots losts on my walls that i can scan.
mwhahahahahahahaha..... moo.

• 2 weeks later...
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Kyokokeiji [/i]
[B]hey awesome banners! theyre all cool [/B][/QUOTE]
[color=teal]Please refer to the [url=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=32738]constructive criticism thread[/url], found at the top of this forum's main page.

When commenting on someone's art, it is important to be a thurough as possible, not only to make a a liable post, but to help the artist improve for the future. Thanks.[/color]

I haven't made anything in a while, but since I've been playing Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga, I felt like making a "banner". I put banner in quotations because it technically isn't a banner, although it looks like one at first.

So here it is:

[img]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=525956[/img]

[quote][b]Originally said by [i]ME[/i][/b]
[i]I put [the word] banner in quotations because it technically isn't a banner...[/i][/quote]

Yes, it's not a banner. I was sick of having to have everything fit into a little box, so I didn't crop the Mario and Luigi pictures.

[color=#707875]It's a nice image, except for the fact that the changes between frames are a little jarring. But that wouldn't be hard to fix.

You could probably develop a version of it that would fit within our size restrictions, too. Good job.[/color]

[quote]You could probably develop a version of it that would fit within our size restrictions, too. Good job.[/quote]

I may do that some other time... but!... I made a new and different banner of Kakashi (from Naruto, of course) reading his favorite book [i]Ichi Ichi Paradise[/i]. The animation of the Sharingan was a pain and it is still not as smooth as I would like it to be, but it will stay that way for now. :) The background is actually the corner of the original picture that I cropped Kakashi from. I thought it looked pretty nice.

"Kakashi-sensei, why do you keep reading Ichi Ichi Paradise?!"

[img]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=528209[/img]

[COLOR=firebrick]Err... I'm no expert, so feel free to shoot me down... but it feels a bit crowded with all the text in it.
It's readable, which is always a plus, but there's just too much for my likings.

Other than that it's really good, that spinning thing adds a twist to it. Like that.
Keep up the good work : )

- Mimmi[/COLOR]

• 1 month later...
No banners for the past month because I've been at home. Now I'm back at school and have created a new banner. This is of the Sound Ninjas from Naruto. They are (from left) Zaku Abumi, Dosu Kinuta, and Kin Tsuchi. Oh, and then there is Orochimaru looming in the darkness. :p

In the original pictures of the three genin, Kin and Zaku were a little bloody, but I took the blood out because I didn't want them to look like wimps.

[img]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=542672[/img]

[COLOR=darkred]First off - Welcome back ^_^

You've gotten the merging between the two pictures to blend really well into each other.

The background, with its stripy effect thing, makes it feel a little claustrophobic. I could almost hear suspensful music playing in the background ^_^
Don't know if that's what you were aiming for, but that's what I sensed upon looking at it *shrugs*

I'm not sure if the tiny squares sticking out on the banners right side is a conscious thing, but it's an interesting touch.
It makes it look like you've cut out a piece of a negative [size=1](film roll, whatever it's called)[/size]

I also like how you've made the descision [i]not[/i] to clutter it up with text >__> [i]*wink*[/i]

All in all, I like it ^_^

- Mimmi[/COLOR]

I wanted those lines in the background so it would be like sound waves and they did blend nicely into the picture of Orochimaru. Also, the "film negative", as you called it, was intentional and I'm glad you like it. Would it look better with that border on both vertical sides of the banner, do you think?

[COLOR=darkred]Now that I know your intent behind those stripes, I can very well say that it works [size=1](I knew that sound wasn't all in my head >__>)[/size] [i]*nods*[/i]

I'm not sure the film negative would work on both sides... it works where it is right now, because it's right next to black.
And the other side is quite the opposite, so I wouldn't jump up and down say "[i]do it, do it[/i]".
But I'm not about to say that you shouldn't either ^_^

It looks just right as it stands now.

- Mimmi[/COLOR]

• 3 weeks later...
I made a new banner the other day after a long lapse. This one is featuring Tetsu from Peace Maker Kurogane. I took everything (pictures and quotes) from the first episode.

The first picture is quite blurry because of the gif conversion, but that is Tetsu on the side and an unknown man who murdered Tetsu's father in the center (Tetsu want to become a member of the Shinsengumi so he can kill that man).

The second picture is Tetsu after he's seen a large group of people being killed by a member of the Shinsengumi.

And here it is:

[img]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=551154[/img]

[size=1]Hey Dan, we havent seen your work for a while so Im very pleased that you have posted. And I do like it, but the only thing that I have a problem with is how when you have the black BG with the guy on the right, I dont like how you animated the text. It just doesnt look right to me. But other than that, another great banner as usual.[/size]

Oh my gosh, Dan, I love this banner. The first frame in particular is absolutely fantastic--those two images just look so perfect together (this is partly due to the fact that the orange flames complement the color of Tetsu's hair). While I like your choice of quotes, and the animation seems very smooth, I'm not terribly fond of the text's font or color. It's a little too plain, and the white seems rather stark--especially when juxtaposed with the second picture.

But overall, lovely work. ^_^

EDIT: Heh, I PMed you with a request almost immediately after spotting this. I suppose that goes to show just how much I like the banner. ^_~

~Dagger~