OtakuBoards

otaku prom

Guest Chris

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Chris
[color=#707875]meh, i don't know. i didn't really want to do it for that reason. unless anyone else wants to take over this rpg, i recamend that it be closed, because i have no clue what i'm doing and i suck at rpgs.[/color]

Guest Chris
[color=#707875]heh, well if you want to start it, then go ahead and take over. i don't care.[/color]

[size=1][b]I'll start. This takes place in a rather surreal little[/size] [font=century gothic][/b]Otaku[b]Boards[/font] [size=1]land, but it's fun. Hope Kitty L doesn't mind that I wrote her in. ^.^[/b]

It was a beautiful Saturday morning in early May, and Sara had absolutely nothing to do. The Otaku Public area was flawless (or as close as it was likely to get), the Art and Design forum was calm,and the only update in the Staff forum was another notice that someone would be out-of-town for a week or so. She waved to Desbreko, also browsing Staff, and wandered off. [i]There was nothing to do.[/i]

She giggled. This was the greatest feeling in the world.

She flipped on the television, looking for something to do. [b]Google News[/b] spat out a lighthearted [i]World's Greatest Hoaxes[/i] report. Sara rolled her eyes. "Not interested," she groaned.

Oh well. Nothing wrong with doing nothing. Heh.

A small chime rang, and she looked up. [strike]Calumon's_luver[/strike] KittyLynn had IM'd her.

"Hi!"

Sara smiled. "Hey. What's up?"

"Oh," Kitty evaded, smiling sweetly. "Nothing."

"Heh. Tell me about it. I've been doing [i]nothing[/i] all morning."

"Oh," said Kitty. "Well."

Sara blinked.

"There [i]is[/i] something," Kitty said. "Sort of," she added.

"...yes?"

"Are you going to Otaku Prom?" she asked quickly. "I think you should." The words tumbled out in a rush.

Sara blinked again. "Otaku...Prom."

"Yes," said Kitty.

"Erhm," said Sara. "No. I hadn't planned to."

"But will you? I think you should. It'll be so much fun!"

"Who are [i]you[/i] going with?"

Kitty turned slightly pink. "I haven't asked anyone [i]yet[/i], but... Anyway! I really really think you should go. Please?"

"You know this completely contradicts my entire social resume?"

"Oh, [i]come on.[/i] It'll be fun. You need to have more fun. :p"

"Oh, alright....I'll [i]think[/i] about it."

Kitty laughed.

[b]This gives those without dates the opportunity to find them. Use the story format to write it in. It's fun. [Logan, I'd love to see a re-enactment of your asking Ginny out. ^_~][/b][/size]

May. JJRiddler was borred. He knew the prom was comming up but he had no one to ask. That and he hated May. May was a happy month and happy months bore him. He turned on MSN news to see if anything worthwhile was on. But there wasn't anything on. The one thing he hated more than happy months was being bored. So JJRiddler decided to IM somebody but he didn't know who. Then he remembered seeing around Sara looking bored so he IM her.
"Hey"
Sara replied "Hi"
"Are you going to the Prom?"
Sara looked puzzled. "Maybe why?"
"Well because if you were I was gonna ask you."
JJRiddler waited as different looks swept over Sara's face.

OOC: Hehe, cool ^_^
----------------------------------
Solo sat in the Yu-Gi-Oh forum, inspecting his cards. It was a remarkably sunny day. The various types of rares glinted in the light, reflecting waves of rainbow colours.

Just as he set Barrel Dragon on top of his Deck, an Announcement popped onto the screen at the top of the room. There was going to be a Prom held at OB.

Solo thought for a moment. He never usually went to balls, proms, dances or discos. Or anything with remotely loud music, usually. He read the anouncement through a few times, before shuffling his Deck again and dealing out some fresh cards.

He'd been here for a year now and the Otaku Yearbook was the only major event he'd really taken part in so far, besides a few prestigious RPGs. It was certainly tempting. But it just seemed like too much trouble. First you needed an outfit, and then you had to go through all that trouble of finding someone who won't run away at first sight of you and who won't end up drunk on the floor at the end of it to go with.

Mind you, these people were different to those he'd met before. OB people were (for the most part) sensible and kind. It hadn't occurred to him to actually go and ask someone out before. Usually he thought it would be best to wait to be asked, in case of numerous awkward situations that could arise.

He shuffled his Deck again. If he drew a Monster with over 2000 Attack points, he'd go. He picked the top card from his Deck and flipped it over.

[size=1]Sara rolled her eyes at Kitty. "Don't laugh at me. :p"

"Hee hee."

"Not funny," Sara said. She sighed. "Do you want a gummi--"

[i]Chime.[/i] A new IM. Sara looked around. She didn't recognize this person.

"Hey."

"Um....hey. Who are you?"

"Oh, it's JJRiddler from OB."

"Hi." That was right, she [i]had[/i] seen him around.

"Are you going to the Prom?"

Sara groaned inwardly. If the rest of the month was going to be like this, she might as well just hole up in her room for the next three weeks.

She shrugged. "[i]Maybe.[/i] Why?"

"Well....because if you were I was gonna ask you."

Sara's eyes went wide as she choked on a cherry gummi bear. "Ab--bu--I--well--"

"It's okay if you don't want to," JJRiddler said quickly. "I was just asking."

"I'm not going!" Sara said, slightly panicked. "Sorry." She signed off AIM and slumped in her chair. [i]This is so stupid..[/i]

"Great. Now he's going to hate me."[/size]

Little Serenity sat in the Adventure Arena, mostly alone, except for a couple people coming out of their adventures, talking excitedly with their friends. She sighed. She knew virtually no one except for a couple people in her RPGs.

"Maybe... I should get out more. I've only popped my head in the Lounge a couple times. And AX2003 was a disaster OB-wise. Hmm..." Serenity looked over at a flyer. "Otaku Prom... free of charge, bring your date/friends. Like I really have someone to ask. Maybe I could... go alone. Ahh what kind of fun would that be?" She sat, debating whether or not to go up to someone and ask them, just for the sake of asking them.

"But..." Serenity instantly got little sparkles around her face and HUGE eyes, "How romantic would it be if someone actually asked me?! How my heart would sing and my soul would be pure joy!" She twirled around for effect and promptly tripped and fell over the chair she had been sitting in.

"Owwww!! Love hurts..." Serenity sighed, still lying on the floor. "Gotta think of someone to ask..."

OOC: Please refer to me as Josh from now on. Please.

Josh was startled by Sara's quick sign up but he knew what had happened. He had embarased her and put her in a bd situation. He felt really bad and tried to think of a way to make it up to her. Should he talk to her? Get someone else to talk to her? He was so confused. He decided to ask a friend about it. He hoped Solo was on but it was doubtful. He brought up the menu and saw he was on.
"Hey!"
Solo was flipping a card off the top of his deck so Josh recalled the message. He felt so bad about Sara and felt like she wouldn't talk to him ever again. He slumped back down in his chair and signed onto Yahoo to play something.

Just as Solo flipped over the card, an IM window appeared from nowhere, making him jump and causing his cards to scatter all over the floor.

"Hi!" Domon chirrupped.

"Hey Domon." Solo sighed, picking up his cards.

"Have you heard about the prom?"

Solo nodded. "Yeah."

"So?"

"So... what?" Solo looked at the cards on the floor. there were two monsters that he could see- one with 1400 attack points, and one with 2200. He shoved them back into his deck and shuffled them again.

"So... [i]are you going[/i]?" Domon asked.

"I don't know yet." And he really didn't. It was a bit of a silly idea to risk it over a flip of a card, though. He'd think about it later.

"Hey, fancy a duel?"

Perfect Cell was looking in the Adventure Arena and he saw the otaku prom. he thought to him self, "hmmm i dont have anybody to ask,i dont think anyone wants to go with me anyway....then again there is free food! i can go alone."

Edit: i will go with somone who dusent have a date (im a guy)

Guest Chris
[color=#707875]heh, guess who actually got a date.

chris, having nothing left to do on otaku but wait for replies, is bored out of his skull, as usual.

'hey gc' he says, in a desprate attempt for something to do.

'hey'

chris is a little nervous, and starts to sweat a little. 'sup?'

'nm u?'

'same . . . . hey, do you rpg?' his heart is pounding against his inner . . . . well, the stuff that's inside you.

'you mean on ob?'

'yea'

'not really'

he sighs in half relief and half dissapoint ment. [i]why did i do this? i knew she wouldn't[/i]

'why do you ask?' she says in a calm voice.

'err . . . well . . . umm . . .' panic started to . . .. well, he started to panic. 'if you did, i was going to . . . well . . . kind of ask you to the otaku prom' [i]why did i just tell her that?!? now she's going to feel all acward and stuff[/i]

'then why don't you?"

[i]o.O . . . .[/i] 'cause you don't rpg'

'that doesn't mean i won't'

[i]!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/i] 'then will you?'

'sure'[/color]

Corey was calmly browsing the RPG forum, his favorite, on OB. He had seen the Prom announcement for quite some time, but hadn't really had any real want to read it. Bored out of his skull, he touched an announcement screen and it popped up.

[b]"The First Otakuboards Prom! Bring A Friend! Bring A Date! Come Alone! Who Cares! Just Come!!!"[/b] Corey stepped back, slightly shocked at the loud voice.

[b]Corey-[/b] "I think I'll ask Ken." Automatically, even though he had never done it before, he IMed Solo and asked his opinion.

[b]Solo-[/b] "You two would be so cool together!" He began laughing and signed off. I smiled and IMed Ken.

[b]Corey-[/b] "Ken. Would you go to the Prom with me?" After a momentary hesitation:

[b]Ken-[/b] "Heh, sure." My heart lept in my chest.

[b]Corey-[/b] "I'm going to have to buy you a pink corsage, aren't I?" Orders a pink corsage off of Otakuboards Automatic Delivery Service. It arrives moments later.

[b]Ken-[/b] "Nah, black will do fine." I took out my lighter and got to work on a black corsage.

[color=darkblue][size=1]Lan was watching Solo duel. It was the same ordinary day, he wanted to go to the prom, but had no one to ask...

He looked around in hope of seeing some one he liked. 'Maybe I shouldn't go...' he thought to himself. He stayed there and watched Solo play...[/color][/size]

Note to Acira: Ask somebody around the board. Private messege them and make a story out of it lol. Or just come alone and still make an RPG out of it

John was looking around in the RPG forum and saw the oaku pron thread. He browsed around the thread and thought who should come with him.

John: Hmmm, who should come.

He clicks on the edit profile boutton to look at his sig.

John: Hey I can ask Cynthia! But wait, I should think about this first.

John thought long and hard. He thought of other girls. But then he just said no to all of his decisions. Soon he came to his senses and sended a PM to Cynthia. He typed in "bra" in the receiptempt bar. And start typing to her. After a day later a messege from her came up.

"Sure I'll go with you to the Otaku Prom. It sounds like fun. That was nice of you to ask me! I feel loved! Well I better let you go for now but not forever!!! A bien tot!!!"

John had a blank face at the ending. But a few seconds later he yelled with joy and started dancing.

The next day Kesaki was already looking for a dress. She sifted through rows of prom dresses but couldn't find one she liked.

"Nooo! there's nothing to wear!"

Kesaki's mother picked out a dress and showed it to kesaki. "What about this one?"

"Oh my gosh it's lovely!!!"