OtakuBoards

Pirates of the Caribbean

Ryo the Tamer

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[color=royalblue]It's as funny as hell, very good graphics, excellent sword fighs, and Jonny Depp was a very cute and adorable sun struck pirate. Orlando Bloom looks much more manly and less elfishly delicate and is in all accounts, an excellent swordsman. The girl was rather....not so great....but she had some reedeming qualities. As my friend put it: "She's cute...but kinda....well....flat."

Anyways, Jonny Depp makes the movie worth the six dollars and fifty cents.[/color]

Well, I had seen it this past Wednesday, and personally I thought it was a great movie. The sword fighting scenes were awesome, and choreographed perfectly. Not to mention the film had many spectacular effects. The plot wasn't bad itself, however it was pretty predictable. Johnny Depp plays the pirate Captain Jack Sparrows, and he played the role perfectly with a combination of charisma and comedic attributes. The movie is a perfect combination of action, comedy, and drama.

It's a nice break from the usual films that come out, and this is the first live-action pirate movie to hit the theaters in a long time.

[COLOR=red][SIZE=1]

Like Raiha said, very, very funny. Johnny Depp was excelent. Can't say nothing bad about my Orlando :luv:.

I thought the Black Pearl pirates were great, and cool in their 'moonlit mode' as I like to call it.

That Elizabeth girl was cool once in a while [spoiler]Like the time she and Jack are sitting on the beach drinking rum and talking, that was great[/spoiler] But she got annoying sometimes.

Even though I am still the ultimate lover of Orlando/Leggy/Will, Johnny Depp was the greatest.

I was also very suprised at all the deaths for a Disney film.

If you like Pirates, zombies, fighting, and all of that stuff, you'll really like this movie :D[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[COLOR=indigo]Yeah I saw it on...Wednesday. I love it....

Johnny Depp and Orlando Bloom were so uberly awesomly amazingly un-imaginably HOT in that movie!! ^.^ I was going insane in the movie theatre

But yeah the movie was cool, I liked it. The animation was GREAT![/COLOR]

I think that was a really really great movie, i saw it last night.
My favorite character was Captain Jack Sparrows (Johnny Depp) but he kinda annoyed me when he kept switching sides...eh, o well, it was great. The graphics were amazing, especially when it came to the Black Pearl pirates in the moonlinght...mauaha...i think the graphics were at their best when they were all fighting in the caves, and they would go in and out of the moonlight and be skeleton/non-skeleton, back and forth.

I really really didn't like the commodor...he bugged me. ANd that monkey! GAH! i disliked him very much...

oh, but i took a friend and we were talking about that one pirate's glass eye, and at one point he has a fork stuck in it ( i won't tell why) and he was looking at it with his other eye and my friend was saying "It must have been weird, just seeing that silver thing stuck in your eye, i mean that would look weird."
and i was like "_____, it was a Glass Eye."
and she was like "I know!"
and i was like "_____, you can't see out of glass eyes.."

ahah it was great...:laugh:

[color=0eade7]Hahah, yes, that was funny, Alex...

I saw the movie last night also and I thought it was EXCELLENT! Man Jonny Depp was SO FUNNY! He made me anticipate what he was going to say every time he was in a scene. The plot was thin - it didn't have many twists or turns, but it was very good. I'm definately going to go see this again! :) [/color]

[FONT=arial]Johnny Depp was awesome, and I actually liked Orlando Bloom a lot more than I thought I would (what with crazed lunatics in my house screeching 'Legolas!' in my ear ever since the LotR movies came out, it was all I could do to keep from hating him with a passion). and as most everybody else has said, the graphics were pretty neat, especially the ending scene in the cave. definitely enjoyable seeing it for the first time. the second time around would be a bit iffy though.[/FONT]

[color=red][font=times new roman]Yeah pirates was a really great movie...Got to see it today.

johhny depp [b]IS[/b] that movie...He really steals the show with his capt. jack character...You watch him constantly even if hes in the background he thats funny :laugh:

Orlando wasnt bad as the straightman...Knightly was ok...She served her purpose and that was about it...

The action was great and the skeletons looked very realistic(And I thought Cg could never do a real good skeleton...)

Id definatly reccomend this movie to anyone...Its real nice to finally see a decent pirate movie :devil: [/color][/font]

[color=0eade7]Yes, the skeletons were my favorite..i actually got kinda freaked when they first showed them. I liked how whenever they were fighting w/ the skeletons, they like went in and out of moonlight and kept changing from skeleton to human to skeleton..it was great. [spoiler]And then when Geoffrey Rush was like "You'd better start believing in ghost stories, you're in one!" and it's really slow and his face slowly changes...[/spoiler]ahhh that is one fine peice of CGI.[/color]

I just saw this movie today and it is a fantastic piece of work! Everyone's pretty much pointed out everything I was gonna say; Johnny Depp is the highlight of the movie, the action is great, the movie looks good, etc. I also liked the little inside jokes that related to the Pirates of the Caribbean ride at Disneyland and Disneyworld. I thought that was a nice touch.

The entire thing was so well done.. (I saw it yesterday)

^_^ Thus far, the only PG-13 Disney movie, and it is, so far, the best Disney movie, IMO.. They got drunk, they swore a little, skirts were flipped, people were shot, people exploded.. I enjoyed it!

Jack Sparrow was, by far, my favorite character, due to his cleverness and humorous perpetual tipsy state.

I'd give it 9/10 because it had the guys in the cage trying to get the key from the dog. That was the funniest part.. Maybe. In-jokes are fun!

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by mirai_torankusu [/i]
[B]I also liked the little inside jokes that related to the Pirates of the Caribbean ride at Disneyland and Disneyworld. I thought that was a nice touch. [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=0eade7][b]Could you share a couple of examples with us please?[/b] I think i went on that ride..but i can't remember much....it was like 7 years ago. But i do recommend EVERYBODY go see this.[/color]

[color=red][font=times new roman]yeah I only caught 3...The guys with the dog...The women who where serving the beer and what not in that crazy pirate town...And the skeletons...

If anyone caught any others do tell...I havent been on the ride since...ummm...6 or 7 years ago... :rolleyes:

I really hope they do make a sequel...I love pirate movies and hollywood has just been horrid at making them unfortunatly...[/color][/font]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Terpischore [/i]
[B][color=0eade7][b]Could you share a couple of examples with us please?[/b][/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

Well, Arkadyz pretty much saw what I saw. The only other examples I can remember is the girl singing the song in the beginning ('A Pirates' Life For Me') and the parrot saying "Dead Men Tell No Tales," though I forget which part that was in.

EDIT: My sister also pointed out the man lying with the pigs as a part of the ride. I'm not sure if it was, but she's probably right.

[color=ff00cc] [size=3][b]ORLANDO BLOOM!!! ^ .^[/b][/color] [/size]

[color=ff00cc] [size=1]eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!

I LOVED this movie! It's on my 'Top 4 Movies List' now, just because Orli, Johnny Depp, and Keira Knightly made such a great team. Will is absolutely gorgeous, and Jack is just a great character. Jack Sparrow was such a great character, and I loved how laid-back and witty he was the whole time.

I just really, really loved Johnny Depp's acting in this movie. And his acting skills with Orlando's beutiful-ness made it perfect. ^-^

There seemed to be alot of chemistry between Keira Knightly and Orli, too... [spoiler]And she got to kiss Orli!!!!!! ><;;;;;;[/spoiler][/color] [/size]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Arkadyz [/i]
[B][color=red][font=times new roman]
I really hope they do make a sequel...[/color][/font] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=0eade7]:nope: :nono: :nope: NOOOOOOO sequels ruin EVERYTHING....I think they should leave it just the way it is...[/color]

Okay, to start I will say that I was DRAGGED to this movie with low expectations, by a Johnny Depp crazed fan. But, I will also say that I was surprised to find a well done pirate movie. It wasn't the "most amazing thing I ever seen", but it was worth the $7 (that my sister actually paid) to see it. I think Johnny Depp is a great actor and he did a very good job and was amazingly sarcastic, but Orlando Bloom sucked (I'm not a fan), and the girl looked freakishly like Natalie Portman. I give it a 7.5/10.

I loved this movie a ton, like most of the other people in this thread. As for things having to do with the Disney ride, I think someone meant this when they said the "part with the guys and the dog," but I definitely remember the part where a few drunken guys are lying against a few barrels and alcohol is pouring all over them. --> both in the ride and in the movie. That was a dense sentence.

Did anyone else think it was funny when
[SPOILER]Johnny Depp and Barbossa (the bad guy) were both zombies and yet they were still swordfighting? It'd be like, "AH! I totally stabbed you and you're not dead. Let's keep fighting pointlessly anyway!" Well it was really cool to see them darting in and out of moonlight and turning back and forth from skeletons to human, so I'm not complaining. I just thought they should've just been like, "We can't kill each other. Let's just hang out and watch the other battles."[/SPOILER]

The showing I saw also had a preview for The Haunted Mansion, another Disney film based on a ride. It's interesting how they take like a ten-minute ride and can create an entire story from it. (I think Haunted Mansion will fare much worse though ...)

[edit] Ah, and my last point -- Orlando Bloom just looked hilarious at the end. I thought he could've been much cuter throughout the movie ;)

I also thought the girl looked a LOT like Natalie Portman.

It was a good movie, I think. I felt Johnny Depp saved yet another average movie from pluging into the depths of mediocrity though. I don't really think it would have been anywhere as involving without him.

He did such a good job that all the other actors seemed painfully average by comparison... Which is odd, considering this is nowhere near one of his best roles.

I saw the movie recently.

I enjoyed the movie. Overall, very good.

Funny parts:

[spoiler]
1. Jack got slapped around a lot. :laugh:
2. The part where Jack has the coin and he steps into the moonlight and turns into a skeleton. The line "That's interesting" made that part very funny[/spoiler]

Plus, Keira Knightley is hot, and Orlando Bloom is cool. Perfect match.

[spoiler]The part where Jack fell from the gallows and Will threw the sword under his feet to keep him from hanging was on par with the scene in LOTR where Legolas stabs a guy with an arrow and shoots another guy with the same arrow.[/spoiler]

That scene was very good.

[b][size=4]9.5/10[/size][/b]

[color=skyblue][font=times new roman]Well Terpischore sorry but I was correct...Disney has just inked a deal for a sequel to Pirates and thankfully they have gotten all of the cast and crew from this one to sign up for the sequel...YAY :D

Heres hoping that the next one is just as good as this last one :p [/color][/font]