OtakuBoards

Which otakuboarder(s) has changed you?

Guest Taylor Hewitt

People who have changed me?
Well...Lemme see..
[B]Dmitri Dragoon[/B]-He has been a pretty big influence on my RPGing around here. A great friend, nice person.
[B]Avalon[/B]-Another nice person. She is also a huge influence on my RPGing.
[B]Double D Daigo[/B]-Well..Because he is just..Well...He is different.
[B]Domon[/B]-A great person, a little agitated sometimes, kind of impatient, but a great friend.
and...
[B]The Harlequin[/B]-Because he was the first person I have been mad at on OB! Thanks Harlequin!

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[size=1]Here's the short list; it would be take me hours to write up every OB member who has affected me in some way. They haven't completely changed who I am or anything, but their little contributions to my life have made a difference.

[b]Sara[/b] and [b]Semjaza[/b] are the two people I talk to most from OB. The conversations I have with them are really varied, and I find that I can learn a lot from both of them. They influence me in random ways, like Semjaza recommending a band that I end up really liking, or Sara sending me Hallmark cards through the mail. It's all a bunch of little things really, and that's a little more important to me.

[b]James[/b] gave me my first moderating job way back in V4, and back then I really didn't know him very well. Since then we have spoken a little more often, and he has helped me through some prety difficult times. Yay for James.

[b]Syk3[/b] is just a really great person that I have gotten to know through The Otaku and OB. I like having someone around who can relate to my pain as an anime mod / The Otaku staff member, it makes things much more bearable.

[b]Charles[/b], [b]Solo[/b], [b]Mitch[/b], [b]Lady M[/b] and [b]Babygirl[/b] are really varied and interesting people that I got to know through the boards, and I find that I'm always learning something from their posts. I haven't gotten to know any of them as much as I'd like, but it's mostly the older (age-wise) members that make this a fun place to visit.

[b]Ken[/b] inspired me to get my job at Disneyland, so of all OB members he has probably had the most direct influence on my life.

Obviously, there are A LOT more OB members who have changed or helped me in some way or another. I'm not dropping any more names than these, so I'm sorry if I left someone out.

-Shy[/size]

oh wow...Lets see...

[b]Blanko:[/b] My first online buddy, and my adopted sis. We've had more lengthy conversations about everything than I can count.

[b]Sara:[/b] She's got me through a spot or two, whether or not she realises it. I was stunned when she pm'd me for the first time asking to get to know me better. Hehe.

[b]Ginny:[/b] The one who knows me inside out, and shares my same views on life and everything. I think...no...I know I'd be lost without her talking me through some things...especially these past few weeks.

[b]Shy:[/b] He's always there with a kind opinion, or a nice word, or compliment. Some days, you need that kind of refreshmant.

[b]Bryan (Lailith Ril):[/b] An all around cool guy who's given me a different perspective whenever I needed it.

[b]Japan_86:[/b] It's not often you meet a new member as nice as she is. I admire the way she's nice to people, even when they don't deserve it.

All these people altar my day quite frequently. And to them, I say thanks. It just wouldn't be the same without you all. And to anyone I missed, don't feel left out. You're just as included as those listed.

I suppose I should post. I tend to stay away fromt hese type of topics for fear of excluding someone or whatnot, but here goes.

People I look up:
[b]James:[/b] What the hell to say about the guy I've been talking to every now and then for the past 2 years. The guy who is technically my boss, and not only are we workmates, we're friends. I know things about him people would pay to know. BWAHAHA.
[b]Adam:[/b] (seems not alot of people mentioned him, shame) He came up with this lovely site we now go to and post on... and well, we've talked on and off for the past 2 years as well. I still plan to do some work for him in the future. He's James evil twin too... or is James the evil one?... either or....
[b]Moe (Sephiroth):[/b] He's the one who officially asked me if I wanted to be a mod and then I was a SM for a while and now a mod and who knows what next... anyway. he was always there. We were friends before he was married, before he had his lovely daughter, and before i was out. In fact he stood by me after I did come out. Quite possibly the person who I least expected to stand up for me. But he did non-the-less and he's an awesome guy. I have so much respect and admiration for that man.
[b]Jenna (BabyGirl):[/b] No words can describe my love for this woman. YES I love a woman, big surprise lol. She's been there for me and I believe I've been there for her just as much. We've talked ever since I became a mod, which wasn't long after I joined OB. And we've been through so much. I remember when she was still in High School ::tear:: Now she's all grown up and moved out and doing naughty things with her boyfriend, who's really cute by the way. And her brother, who's past away, was the most adorable thing ever. She has so much love for him. It amazing really.
[b]Jimmy (wrist cutter):[/b] We've known each other a good 4 years now. Wow. Before OB existed. Back on the good ole GF lol. He's simply amazing. I wouldn't be who I am without him. YES Thats right, it's your fault lol. I certainly wouldn't be lisening to J-Music and probably be still watching some crappy dubbed anime. We've been through thick and thin and like that like normal size stuff too. He once tought me alot of Japanese, which I have here-on forgot. Cause he tends to disappear for months at a time... -____- Anyway, a great guy, who's born the same day as another great guy, who I've worked with, talked with, and become close friends with over the last 4 years of my life.

People I respect highly
Piro
Gokents (believe it or not)
Justin
Semjaza
Queen Asuka
Her loving boyfriend Ryan. lol
Shy
Sara
and ofcourse the cat loving, always funny Charles.

Guest dayday
Ok, the rest are follows:

Lan
Yubei Yagyou
Rane-Sorry Taylor *looks at floor*
Spikey

Yeah, well I guess that's makes seven people I think. I'm too lazy to go and look at my other post.

There're people on these boards I know IRL (you guys know who you are ;)) so I'm just gonna cover the bases for the ones I've never met before ^_^

[b]Geist:[/b] He's just funny and wonderful and curious. I swear, he's so great ^_^ He's constantly asking me questions about England, and what my opinions on different things are. I've never met a more curious person - and it's great ^_^!
[b]Logan:[/b] It's creepy, I can be at ease enough with someone that they don't even say "hi" to start an AIM conversation O_o - he likes to open conversations with his most recent banner ^_^ And I like that
[b]Japan_86:[/b] She hands out compliments like nobody's business ^___^ - it's kinda cool really. She makes me feel more upbeat about the things I do, and she's always good for a laugh ^_^
[b]erinzyger:[/b] Not spoken to her much recently, but she's still funny and mad and insane ^_^ and those monkey-soldiers of hers are always amusing to take pot-shots at ^_^;;
[b]Domon:[/b] Pushing me to write when I wasn't feeling my happiest or my most creative. The RP in question died shortly afterwards, but I appreciated his understanding and constant prodding.
[b]GinnyLyn:[/b] I totally admire her determination and loyalty to an RP. FF:S wouldn't be here today if it wasn't for her I don't think. There's [i]no way[/i] I could stick with an RP for 3 months or more with the same vigour and determination she has. She inspires me to stick with things ^_^ *grins* Go Ginny!
[b]Milliefan:[/b] As doukeshi03 mentioned... she keeps things interesting ^_^ She may disagree with a lot of people, but at least she obsesses politely (which is more than a lot of people do O_o), and the subject aside, she's a pleasant and polite individual. I wouldn't mind getting to know her better to be perfectly honest ;)

Heh, there we go ^_^

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by James [/i]
[B][color=#707875]
But, there are definitely people on here who I respect and who have influenced me in a positive way. I don't think I even need to list them, because the list would probably be too long...and I'd say that they all know who they are anyway.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

Ah James? Really? >:]

anyways lol.
Hmm yeah look here starts my weird story starting as a pathetic n00b who was a huge smiley overuser and was very proud about one of his animations.
I kinda began to like sparring and RPing. And then i challenged Chaos (SSJ back then) to a spar, but i guesse it were wrong setting and he was mad, man! O.O Ever since i dont like him and i have something agaisnt mods lol.
Well ehm yeah. Big change. lol.
Then i happened to run into a weird scot called ewan denny (shinobi). Together we made an RPstory, and there were valen, starlight and WolfMaximus. if you look at the RPstory you can see my RPing quality raising, together with my normal posting, so its like their fault that i am the perfect member now lol. *dodges spoons and pillows* man im kidding >.<
Ofcourse there is Mist, and the Newbie Lounge adventures which got me even weirder than i am buhehehehe! (by the way i stole her rod and Sirven aint happy about it lol *points at sig*)
Then there are people like:
Shinkoru
Pyrobhobic (which could still change me more, if she want, like stamping that name in my head lol)
SaiyanPrincessX Inspired me with a lot of my art darnit Oo;; *kicks her* now i got some guy on my back the whole time who makes me Admin of every site he makes just so im forced to make art for him lol.
Deus
Juujuubean (lol)
and a lot more O.O but i cant remember everyone who changed me cause i was changed one hell lot cause first i didnt even like anime a bit when i came on these boards lol.

Well and thats my story :P

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Transtic Nerve [/i]
People I respect highly
Piro
Gokents (believe it or not)
Justin
Semjaza
[b]Queen Asuka
Her loving boyfriend Ryan. lol[/b]
Shy
Sara
and ofcourse the cat loving, always funny Charles. [/QUOTE]

[color=hotpink][size=1]Ah, Transtic, you just made my day. I thought that the day couldn't look darker, but that made me feel really good. Thanks alot. ^_^ *Hugs him tightly* No wait...*Makes Ryan hug him tightly* :D

Anywho, I guess it's my turn to put down the people who have changed me...there's quite a few so bear with me...

[b]Kenneth, my dear Kenneth[/b], of course I had to put him first. He's such a fun person and it seems like I haven't talked to him in forever and that really makes me VERY VERY sad! Kenneth, you can't not be around... I don't like that...

[b]PiroHon, my husband[/b], well obviously, he's my OB husband. He's very fun to talk to and he gave me newfound respect for some types of music I didn't think I was very fond of. *Thumbs up*

[b]Neilness, my Royal Executioner[/b], whether you believe it or not, I love you to death. Thanks for all the randomness.

[b]The Joshness[/b], even though I didn't change him, he has changed my outlook on a bit of life dealing with certain issues (I'm sure he doesn't realize this...) And come ON, he works at Disneyland!

[b]Deborahness[/b], also known as Lady M for those of you who aren't on a first name basis. She's just such a beautiful person and she helped me find a bit of strength inside myself and helped me feel more confident...along with...

[b]Jennaness[/b], who always told me how beautiful I was, but I never believed her. Now I do. Thank you, Jenna. *Huggles her*

[b]Semjaza Manaza aka the Tonyness[/b], which is my favorite person to talk to in the wee hours of the morn when no one else is on. He always tells me I'm his hero, so I like that. ^_^;

[b]Jamesstuff[/b], well he's neat to talk to. He tells me about the plushies, after all.

And then there's the people that I love alot on here:
Juuthena
Deedlit
Anna
Amibaski
Saraness
Raiha
TRANSTIC!
Harlequin & Raven
and others that I really respect.[/color][/size]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Taylor Hewitt [/i]
[B]Wow I've changed two people. w00t :D I hope there are more. dayday changed me the most and ruby too and saiyanprincessx lots! [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=blue][font=arial]At least you have a following....

As for me, this is who:

Raiha-:D
Kaola Su-She's from Georgia....and a really great person.
Vegitto4-He introduced me to this place, and gave me some great advice: Don't piss off the moderators.
Emme888-She's made me think twice of what I type before I actually press .
Taylor Hewitt: Anyone that hates you is an idiot. You're probably one of the best people I've ever met.
SaiyanPrincessX-Without your help, LP.OB would be nothing.

Any LP.OB members out there, you've changed me, and I couldn't thank you more[/color][/font]

Guest Taylor Hewitt
Lostphrophet changed me. He's a great friend, mod, and overall person. I wouldn't want to be without a great person like that.

Don't know if anyone here has really [i]changed[/i] me. It's kinda hard to be changed by a person you meet on the internet lol. But there are a lot of cool people here.

LostProphet - For letting me into my first online club. And he's an Insomniac fan, too!

Dragon Warrior - For helping to get rid of the stigma that is attached to drawing stick figure comics.

Adam - For showing the kind of dedication that I really need to put forth on my website, though I know I'll never do it.

James - For running a well organized message board and for showing me that there's always more to learn about Nintendo.

Semjaza Azazel - Always seems to pull out some opinion on something that makes me go "Wow, I never thought of that before." And he has the same effect Nintendo-wise that James has one me.

Syk3 - Heh, my day wouldn't be the same without the AIM conversations with Syk3. Our conversations always seem to take a turn for the bizarre at the end and I couldn't ask for a better way to start the day.

Nomad - For making my first cool banner with Vicious on it. I miss that banner! I wish I'd saved it...

Hataki Vash - For making my current banner/avatar combo. He has a cool AIM name, too.

GhostofSalvtore - Helped me out big time with the first segment of my RPG. Very cooperative, nice guy.

Avalon - Took on an important position in my RPG when nobody else would. She's really nice, too.

Half_Shaded - My sister, for always making me look like an internet illiterate. Thanks, sis.

Taylor Hewitt - Seems to have some sort of hate group following him, but he's never been anything but nice and polite to me.

Ruby - Can't forget Ruby! One of the few girls to actually go on a date with me. An online date, perhaps, but a date nonetheless.

There are probably more, but this list is long enough as it is...maybe I'll add more later...

Guest Taylor Hewitt
Mirai has been a good guy. He's always nice and has a smile. I've never seen him upset about anything and is usually cool. He's a pretty good member of my forum too. Wish he would come a bit more! ^^

Another member who has... "changed me" well not really changed me but is kewl is Charles. He's a really nice admin. Let's not forget James. He helped me out even when he was working. I haven't talked with Adam too much just over email.

[color=crimson]*turns on "One Winged Angel"* Now to begin to difficult waltz that this topic has turned out to be.

First off, the people that have really "affected"/"changed" me or helped me come to the path i'm at today.

[b]Tori[/b]- No matter how much I say I hate Christianity, there are a few people that I meet in communitys who are genuninely good, loveing people and whos bright smile brings alot to everyone around them. My tolerance of such religious people began with her, and so far she is the best example of that that I have found anywhere- IRL or not.

Tho I still disagree with the religion, I dont neccesarily hate EVERYONE in it.

I think. -.-;

[b]Retarded Cow[/b]: Ahur *nods* :D

[b]Raiha and Rico[/b]- When I first started off and ventured into the vast sea of roleplaying, you two were at your prime. I tryed to copy the way both of you roleplayed to the spearpoint, because you were so taltented at the art of it. I doubt I would have spent so much time in that forum, and so much time trying to be better without your constant greatness egging me on to be just as good. I salut ye', and wish that Rico was around more often in Adventure Arena.

[b]Anti[/b]- Anti is just a person that I could consider a real brother. We shared alot of mischevious expierences here *grins* and ended up being the best of friends ever since his departure from this community. Yea, he affected how I am today just in general- thats for sure.

[b]Neil[/b]- I really dont understand how we became really close bros- it was a process that baffles me still. But his attitude was so forthright that I was wondering why I myself was not that blunt- so I pulled out some of that good ol angst, and changed over the course of a few weeks. I think its made me the better person.

[b]Deb[/b]- Just, thank you.

[b]Britty[/b]- We've helped each other through alot of bad times, and through alot of good. You know you've changed me, and I know i've changed you- and continue to do so in so many ways.

I have left a few people out and more than likely all of the following people that I list have changed me in some aspects- no, all of them have. Just the above people deserved a really special mention, in my opinon.

People that have changed me in lesser, but still great, ways.

[b]Juu, Mitch, Josh, James, Kevin, Jenna, Keisha, Sara, Tony, Charles, Piro, Transtic Nerve, Justin, Stardust, Ginny, Flash, Seph, Weh, Bryan, Siren, Liam, Alice[/b]

Alright, aside from that you know who you are. Beyond this meager attempt at listing all who have affected me in a myariad of ways lays more people, i'm sure.

But its a foolish waste of a summer Wednesday afternoon. *crooked grin*

Hah, gotcha.[/color]

[quote]James and cloricus.

They have showed me the true nature of "polar opposites."[/quote]

I want you to know that I was drinking a Pepsi when I first read this...and I came very close to having to replace my keyboard because of your comments utterly hilarity.

I'd have to say Jenna, Deb, James, Dan L, and Sara all take the lion's share here. There are others, but the list would be too extensive.

Eh, I guess I'll say something for them...

Jenna- She's the only person here(or in general) who I think has seen every side of me...and even some that no longer exist. She is one of three here who I have come to truly love in a more-than-compassionate way.

Deb- If I had never spoken to her, her life alone is enough to inspire me in some way. She is also one of those three...though, my love for her grew from my compassion.

James- I respect him immensely; not necessarily for his outlook on life(parts of which I disagee with), but more for his lack of ignorance when it comes to it.

Dan L- Though, I hardly see much of him anymore, he's my brother in Christ, and I consider him a partner in ministry--and when you've ministered with someone, there is no love quite like it.

Last but not least, Sara- She's the one person here I no longer talk to at all on a personal level that I still wish I did. She's just a good person, and there are so few nowadays.

-Justin

*hugs Mirai* Yay! ^^ I thought of another person, CS. Yep, Crimson Spider, because his view are different from most people's. He's basically the only one who can change my view on something. Which is near impossible cause my mind can't usually be changed. So CS is one of the few people who's changed me in the way I think of things. Although I never talked to him. And I respect him greatly more then most people, it's kinda hard for some one to get me to respect them the same way I respect him. I think though if he ever reads this he's gonna think I'm a nut, and should be locked away. Also will never talk to me now. Hee...oh wel. ^^;

Guest dayday
Another person who I in no why have any positive likings toward, PoisonTongue. He always back talks me. So, I like to do the same thing back. Now, I know that I'm actually better at debating than I thought. Usually when I do a debate I end up blanking out in the middle of my sentences. But that's probably because it was things I didn't know much about and didn't do any research. But if I have a strong belief I can talk my head off in the subject. Now I can finally pass something in english. Yes!!

I've been here only for a month, i have to say James changed me the most(which is very little). You know when you read you dont just look at the words, you say it to yourself. Well when I read James posts, i hear this deep voice that seems like a superior being:), Only because he is the site director. Anywho his words are inspiring....

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by FartMaster745 [/i]
[B]I've been here only for a month, i have to say James changed me the most(which is very little). You know when you read you dont just look at the words, you say it to yourself. Well when I read James posts, i hear this deep voice that seems like a superior being:), Only because he is the site director. Anywho his words are inspiring.... [/B][/QUOTE] You know, it's the exact opposite for me. I always think of this "plumber" accent. Maybe it was because of that Mario avatar he had on when I first joined... I don't mean the squeaky and lame voice of recent Mario lore, but more like the one on that show with the real actors. Uh... [size=1]don't ban me...[/size]

Heck, lots of people changed me. Without them, I might never have got so interested in the net, let alone Otakuboards.

[b]Britty:[/b] One of my first online friends. We had some amazing MSN conversations and spars. She really helped me develop my budding RPG skills and became one of my best friends and my ickle sis ^_^ She also helped me a lot through rough times, especially when I was feeling down about something that happened at school. She was, and is, a key figure in my life and someone I always felt safe to confide in.

[b]Ken:[/b] Hey, it's Ken, if it weren't for him I wouldn't have such a thick skin, lol. When I first came online, he really inspired me to write. Our MSN RPG's were fantastic, I remember how I used to spend hours talking to him and Britty over MSN and sulking when Mum and Dad booted me off.

[b]Dragon Warrior:[/b] Ah, the crazyness. If it weren't for DW, I might have such a bizarre online (and offline ^_~) personality lol. Without his pivotal influence my life would be very boring indeed.

[b]Anti:[/b] Another RPG great. Gaian Warriors with him and Raiha is still classified one of the greats, I still feel honoured that they let me come in halfway through it.

[b]Rico and Rai:[/b] Another pair that really helped me learn how to RPG properly. I'm grateful that they put up with me in Nosferatu and all those other 'cool' RPG's they started

There are more people out there that I owe my respects and thanks to, but there are the guys that kept me going at the very beginning, when I was just an ickle 13yr old n00b.

Thanks guys

I forgot to give cred to maladjusted. She is my first online arguemnet rival. Oh, i remeer this one bitterarguement on yoai/shounen-ai fanfics. took up about 2 pages by ourselves. Trigunmasta was also part of it.

Perfect Cell: Hes the one that got me into anime the little nerd, hehhe I didnt even know what the hell it was until I meet him

Java Mask: He supplys me with anime dvds and He's helped me out alot making banners

Nomad: The only thing you he's changed are my banners lol

dayday: O man she is sooo fun to talk to, I can talk to dayday about ANYTHING

I have alot of OB friends, but they havent really changed me in any way.. So dont feel bad if your not up here

[color=teal][size=1]Well I don?t believe anybody here has changed me. But of course that could be to the simple fact that I haven't met anybody over the otakuboards. I guess it's because I'm really not social here. Otherwise yeah maybe sometime in the future, but I haven't really changed.[/color][/size]

[color=green][size=1][i]Well for me it would be Lan, Solo Tremaine, Nomad. That is all my buddies, they have changed me in one way or another. Lan, he has been my buddy on everything, and he has been there. Solo, he helped me with my post quality, and now its much better. Nomad, because he is pushing me on making a good banner. [/color][/size][/i]

[color=crimson][size=1] No one's changed me, but many have affected me.

[b]Juuthena[/b]: You knew you were gonna be first, didn't you? God, you're so vain! We joined about the same time, and instantly related. You've been anything short of a sister and a very funny partner in crime. *crams coke can in mouth* ><;;

[b]Phantom[/b]: Mishka, ya've been there for me so many times, I don't have enough fingers or toes to count. (Heck, my whole [b]family[/b] doesn't have enough...) You'll always be the number one big [i]borther[/i] to me.

[b]Kinetic[/b]: For talking to a lowly newbie and becoming her friend. Thanks a bunch.

[b]Dark_Apocalypse[/b]: Give me the rod back. Seriously.

[b]Legacy[/b]: Your ego rivals mine, John. You should be proud. I'm really happy that you've cleaned up your life, and really proud that you had the resolve to do so. *huggles*(Although you can probably guzzle more beer in twenty minutes that I ever will in a life time.)

[b]Renee[/b]: She's not here anymore, but I was at OB before under a different name a long time ago. (Like first-season-Digimon long time ago.)She was always really helpful and the Juu of my Digimon phase. ^_^

[b]KnightOfTheRose[/b]: You son of a gun. Corey, you're just cool. Even when you're noble stuff get annoying, I still like talking to you. I love your poetry, and the way you say simple things, yet make them so eloquent.

[b]Lalaith Ril[/b]: What to say. You taught me how to spar. You probably don't remember, but we first sparred together. (I kicked your butt...Neil said I did.) You were always up for the challenges I put you through, and well, dated Juu on and off.[/color][/size]