OtakuBoards

Which otakuboarder(s) has changed you?

Guest Taylor Hewitt

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by dayday [/i]
[B]Another person who I in no why have any positive likings toward, PoisonTongue. He always back talks me. So, I like to do the same thing back. Now, I know that I'm actually better at debating than I thought. Usually when I do a debate I end up blanking out in the middle of my sentences. But that's probably because it was things I didn't know much about and didn't do any research. But if I have a strong belief I can talk my head off in the subject. Now I can finally pass something in english. Yes!! [/B][/QUOTE]

Awww...Dayday doesn't like me. Like I give a damn. You use the term "backtalk"? Do you think you're some kind of hot ****? lol. Regardless, quoting a Mos Eisley Cantina inhabitant from A New Hope, "I don't like you either."

Getting to the topic, nobody really changes me. Sure, my ego has subsided post-high school, but that was just me taking stock in myself and thinking, "wtf?" I was stressed as hell in high school because I cared about the wrong things. One of my friends had sent a mass email a few years ago, in the first month of senior year. In his email, he said precisely what the problem was: we're too damn concerned with the 4 years of drudgery that are high school.

Thoughout high school, the instructors and admins beat into you the idea that, "grades grades grades." It's ********. Grades are a MINIMAL part of collegiate application. Grades are only part of it. In order to be successful at college--to be successful in life, you need to be more than a booksmart freak. Take the recent Blair Hornstine, for example. She's psychotic. She gets straight A's, granted, but is she really going to be able to survive in any environment other than high school? No. Because if she sued her high school admin just so she could be sole valedictorian, imagine what kind of reactions she'll have when she doesn't get the job she wanted, or even doesn't get the grade she wanted on an exam.

There were girls in my high school who were eerily similar to Hornstine, and let me tell you, they were psychotic. Dedicated to grades, delusional, obsessive, argued with teachers. They enjoyed high school less than I did.

But you know, the problem with high schoolers today, is that they don't know the point of high school. Or if they do know it, they don't bother to accept it and go with the damn flow. High school is meant to be the 4 years between middle school and college. That's it.

You know how I know this point? Because I saw how miserable people were. Hell, I was miserable in high school. There was one...ONE student in my entire high school career who understood and accepted high school. His name was Jon. His message in the Senior edition of the school paper read something like this: ?None of you truly know what this was. You have been concerned with trivialities and the wrong things. You all are fake.?

He knew exactly what high school is: nothing to get wrapped up in. Nothing to get so involved with. Nothing to get worked up over. Jon wasn?t an anti-social reject, either. He wasn?t depressed, he wasn?t angry. During the spring, he would take his guitar out into Senior Court and just play for a few periods. He just sat there in the shade and relaxed.

High school is easier when you realize it means jack ****. It?s easier when you see how meaningless and fruitless it was.

No matter what someone tries to tell you, we?re mindslaves in high school. We don?t have an individual aura, because we?re not individuals.

I found that when I entered college that entire brainwashing wore off. I started to see how horrid high school was and fully appreciated what it truly was: a 4-year filler.

During my frosh and sophomore years at Rutgers, I still held onto the high school vibe. I still wanted to ?fit in.? I still got frantic during exam time. I was actually trying to find religion, too.

But you know, none of that was me. Social experience was always eccentric for me. I had a close group of about 4 friends and no matter how much I had tried, I still stayed at the 4 friends. And this social eccentricity really got me down because I thought I had done something wrong. I mean, why else would I not be able to hang out with anybody and feel comfortable with anybody?

During exams, I stressed myself out so damn much, as other students did. This self-stressing originated back in high school and also took over my first two years at Rutgers.

The religion thing was a transitional phase. I thought that by finding religion, I could make all my problems go away. It seemed like religion would be the cure-all. It isn?t. Even after placing my life in the hands of a higher power, my problems were still there. They didn?t get magically corrected. That stressed me out even further, because here I?m praying to God, but is my life working out the way it should? No.

I?d say it was around October 2002 when I realized: this isn?t healthy. Letting things stress me out this much will never help anything; it will only send me to a faster death. It was then that I decided to let things fall where they may. I adopted a variation of the clichéd ?apathetic college student.? I guess it could be called ?Xtreme Neutrality.?

My philosophy was ?**** it.? If it didn?t work out despite my best efforts to correct it, **** it. I can?t change it, why fight it. This isn?t a defeatist nature. I still fight for what I believe in, but if I see that no matter what I do, it?s still going to turn out a certain way, why get myself worked up over it?

My ?Xtreme Neutrality? actually works wonders. I no longer see an issue from one side or the other, so I?m not blinded by whatever psychotic obsessive blanket view the sides may hold.

War. I?ve accepted the necessity. I?m not pro-war and would much rather see a peaceful society, but I?ve accepted what the world is and what history is: Violence. We have never been able to avoid conflict in the roughly 4000 years that humanoids have existed. Some of my good friends are liberals. One in particular believes and vehemently stands by the idea that the world can be peaceful and live in unison. It can?t. Nations are always going to destroy other nations, tribes destroy other tribes. Our nature is a war society. That?s why we have militaries. That?s why we have always had militaries. So we can blow the **** out of the other guy. Mutual Assured Destruction was the best thing for war that we could possibly hope for. It guaranteed that if either side fired first, the world would end, because the nuclear war that would ensue would destroy the world as we knew it and nobody wanted that. Considering all this, does it make sense to protest a war that?s already happening for 8 months now? It?s here. Deal with it. Don?t ***** and moan. It only makes you look bad.

The gay marriage item recently caught my attention. I?m fine with gay marriage, because I have no right to decide what someone can or cannot do. And the groups that protest against gay marriage, claiming it?s a violation of Christianity, **** them. I don?t think they?d enjoy a restraint on their religious practices. I don?t think they?d enjoy a banning of things they want. These groups are a prime example of lunatics. I think we should start outlawing Communion. See what they think about restricting their activities.

But getting back to my point,

Nobody changes anybody. Nobody should change anybody. The minute somebody convinces another that a particular side is the correct opinion, then democracy is doomed. We can no longer be this?cattle culture. People need to start thinking for themselves and not believe everything that their parents, or teachers, or leaders, or even bosses tell them.

We all need to be individuals and most importantly, RELAX. We?re trigger happy and very hyper. That?s a dangerous combination. Think about it please.

I?m out for now.

Later.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Taylor Hewitt [/i]
[B]Umm... PoisonTongue. We don't care if nobody changed you. This was for people who were changed. [/B][/QUOTE]

The topic concerned who has changed me. And my answer is nobody has changed me. What's your point?

[size=1][color=700000][b]He still has a right to say it, as dayday did.

Anyways, my grandma and my sister changed me alot. My grandma made me more witty in RL, and my sister taught me how to make people feel stupid.

Leh[/b][/color][/size]

Guest dayday
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by PoisonTongue [/i]
[B]Awww...Dayday doesn't like me. Like I give a damn. You use the term "backtalk"? Do you think you're some kind of hot ****? lol. Regardless, quoting a Mos Eisley Cantina inhabitant from A New Hope, "I don't like you either."
[/B][/QUOTE]

I don't give a damn either and we didn't need your life story. It says OBers.

While your post hasn't changed me, it has put some of my thoughts into words - actually, it was just the High School and grades thing. :) Haha, I went through the same thing. Yes, college does seem to make you realize how trivial High School was.

Poison Tongue is a perfect example of one of the people who, although they are wise and great speakers, have not changed me. I respect him, as well as other people (like most of the people who post on the .hack forum), but I can't say they have changed me as a person.

You can only do so much with words, and I agree with Poison Tongue that changing a person is not one of these things.

o_O;;;;;;;;;;

Well....Ohkami has change me the most....I learned most of my RPG and sparring skills from her.Then she married me when I asked,and we are talking on ICQ.

Ummmmm...Pretty much all the mods,too.The are cool....And cool.What would we do with out them....Not alot.

Then there is some other people...Who I have no real reason to....I just like them.
[size=1]not that way -_-[/size]

Juu
Ohkami
Mist
Kaola Su
Kesaki_Inedia
Raiha
SaiyanPrincessX
Queen Asuka

a few people who i'm not buddies with or just became buddies with who changed me are:

Taylor Hewitt: He just always has something to talk about.

spotg67: we just like talkin'.

ReTarr: an interesting character. Always fun.

Charles: all ways trying to help me out.

Thats about it so far. Everyone else i have mentioned.

instantramen14: just a cool gal.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Logan [/i]
[B][size=1][color=700000][b]Anyways, my grandma and my sister changed me alot. My grandma made me more witty in RL, and my sister taught me how to make people feel stupid.[/b][/color][/size] [/B][/QUOTE]
[size=1]I wasn't aware that your Grandmother was a member of OtakuBoards.

-Shy[/size]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Shy [/i]
[B][size=1]I wasn't aware that your Grandmother was a member of OtakuBoards.

-Shy[/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

lol....This is the reason I like mods so much:p

I also have more people I think have changed me!

Nomad-He has made two of my banners,and for those who have been here and seen me...I have only have had five banners.Both my Furi Curi banner and Gunmen banner are great,and change them with each other.

instantramen14-At first I thought your name was like Vash or something....Then I figered it out.

Instant Ramen....lol!That is a good username.Your a funny person,instantramen14.

I didn't really exspect my name here.Only about once I saw it...I think. There's no one that changed me. I don't care what any one thinks. No one has ever changed me.

Dark_apocalypse(is that spelt right?) was my first friend. He's nice and funny. Although, he didn't change me.

That's basicly the only one that changed me. I was changed by some people on OB, in a bad way. I can never do one thing again, without remebering the mean and bad things people said here. If you want names, feel free to ask. *sigh*

The only thing that changed, is in a bad way, and I never feel the same about it again. Since some of the comments that got me down, I never felt the same. Yeah, I might sound careful sometimes, but deep down I full of hate for people oon and off OB. Some people on here forget I'm a human being too.

[B]Nobody changes anybody. Nobody should change anybody. The minute somebody convinces another that a particular side is the correct opinion, then democracy is doomed. We can no longer be thisEattle culture. [/B][/QUOTE]

Which is funny, because right now you're trying to convince and change us all into your style of thinking.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by wrist cutter [/i]
[B]Which is funny, because right now you're trying to convince and change us all into your style of thinking. [/B][/QUOTE]

No. Changing people is not what I do, nor is it ever my intention.

And, are you saying people shouldn't relax? Are you saying that people should keep getting upset over anything that comes their way?

The points I presented strive for a logical society. The more that people are wrapped too tightly, the more probability that they will lash out. Would you rather give a handgun to one who is mentally ill, or give that handgun to one who is trained and thinking clearly?

Stress is dangerous, and stressing ourselves over simple things is dangerous. It's elementary: To survive as a society, we must become understanding of our stressors and deal with them in a logical manner. If we don't, then we're going to have more Columbines (old news, I know, but poignant even still).

If we want the human race to last for another 500 years, we're going to need to understand ourselves. That's simply logical.

But I don't even believe that we can. Considering the troubles in the world today, and considering what weapons there are, and considering what world leaders are in power, the human race isn't going to last much longer.

Quoting a T-800, "it's in your nature to destroy yourselves."

Dayday, since you don't give a damn either about what the feeling is between us, why did you bother to bring up me in your post? I surf the lounge pretty often you know. And, your reply about not giving a damn either was one sentence. That's a great explanation...at least I had provided why I felt the way I do about things. If it's too long for you, tough ****. Deal with it. That was my entire point. Deal with it.

[B]Stress is dangerous, and stressing ourselves over simple things is dangerous. It's elementary: To survive as a society, we must become understanding of our stressors and deal with them in a logical manner. If we don't, then we're going to have more Columbines (old news, I know, but poignant even still).
[/B][/QUOTE]

You're trying to tell me you're not at all trying to convince me or change my lifestyle here.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Meteora [/i]
[B][color=green][size=1][i]I also felt changed by Vicky. Yes i did. Because she has always talked to me and things, so i feel i havebeen changed by her.[/color][/size][/i] [/B][/QUOTE]

I like talking. If I didn't want to talk it would be a movie thing. Sometimes I take breaks and chat when I pause a film. Like now.
But, really. No one has chaged me. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe I'm just to pig headed to admit it...

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by wrist cutter [/i]
[B]You're trying to tell me you're not at all trying to convince me or change my lifestyle here. [/B][/QUOTE]

You're trying to tell me that you don't know that stress is dangerous? Ask any psychologist. Stress is dangerous when handled improperly. I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything. I'm stating an obvious fact.

[size=1][color=700000][b]Oops. I got this confused with my "Most infulential person in your life" thread. Sorry. *sweat drop*

[i]Anyways[/i], mostly Charles, Ginny, Shaun, and Ajeh have changed me on here. There's someone else, but I couldn't say why he changed me for I would get banned. *sly look*

Leh[/b][/color][/size]

[color=ff00cc] [size=1]There's so many to list! ><;

[b]Mist:[/b] *huggles* Mist was the first person to talk to me here, and we just clicked. She's really funny, sweet, friendly, and really outgoing! If it wasn't for her, I probably wouldn't be interested in writing at all, and it was after talking to her more, my post quality improved somewhat. [*sits by search button with frying pan*] And I really think I changed alot after meeting her, both IRL and ICL. ^_^

[b]Ken:[/b] Bestest big sister in the world! ^ .^ He's always cheered me up, and taught me alot of good lessons about life. I love how he can really make me laugh, and be really cooky with me. ^^ *also huggles big sister*

[b]Raiha:[/b] One of the best writers I've ever seen. She really showed me a totally different mood of writing, that I really loved reading. I totally admire her talent, and hope to be as good as her someday. ^^;;

[b]Ashlee:[/b] *huggles Ashbo* She's just so silly and squidgy, and I think it's after I met her, I've been totally obsessed with Aussies, (as well as Brits), and hoped I'd be able to go someday. ^_^

[b]Ger:[/b] Ger's also taught me a few really good lessons about life, and I really enjoy talking to him. And I believe he was one of the first people I talked to over AIM. ^^;

[b]Tori:[/b] I really look up to her, since she's such a sweet, friendly person. And she has such a nice personality, that I'd like to be a little more like. ^^

[b]Kaisuke and Kinetic:[/b] Two of my favorite graphic designers! I was just totally amazed at their works, and it's after I started seeing a few of theirs, I really wanted to start making banners, though I never really got too good at them...

[b]Jenna and Semji:[/b] It's probably after seeing their photos, I really wanted to become a photographer for a while. They're both [i]amazing[/i], and I actually used a few of their works as a desktop, even on these computers, considering quite a few of them look even better to me than the windows XP ones. ^ .^;

[b]Other peoples who changed me somehow:[/b]
Bryan (Lalaith Ril), Corey (KnightoftheRose), Boba Fett, AJeh, Chris (All of them), Ravenstorture, Sammanthy (Deedlit), Lauren (DaisukeAngel), Lady M, Mike (Phantom), Mitch, Roxie, Piro, Celia, and more. ( oO; )[/color] [/size]

[quote][i]Originally posted by PoisonTongue[/i]
The religion thing was a transitional phase. I thought that by finding religion, I could make all my problems go away. It seemed like religion would be the cure-all. It isn?t. Even after placing my life in the hands of a higher power, my problems were still there. They didn?t get magically corrected. That stressed me out even further, because here I?m praying to God, but is my life working out the way it should? No.[/quote]

Praying to God will do no one any good until they submit to how God wants their life to work out. PRAY= Praise, Repent, Ask, and [i]Yield[/i]. Yielding is, without a doubt, the most difficult part for most.

Freebie.

Now, people do change other people. And they should. That's why it has happened for as long as humans have walked the earth. Now, people should never oppress other people in order to change them, but that becomes a different issue.

Just fgured I'd toss that in there.

-Justin