OtakuBoards

.::[dreams]::.

Dark_Storm

Talk about your dreams and no im not talking about dreams for the future
Im talking about the ones you have when you sleep...
Last night I dreamt of being a ninja...It was kinda weird though cuz I was at some hotel and I would break down doors in the hotel rooms run in and raid the place....It was really weird and ended with me trapt in a bathroom.

I didn't really understand the dream but who does?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i had a wierd dream. i was some guy with a big axe and i was hunting down some orcs...then i triped in the dream and it felt like i really DID trip and then i woke up. it was wierd. then i go back to sleep and start having the same dream....then i was hit in the back and i wierd fealing was in my spine and i woke up again....it was really wierd.

I honestly can't remember any dreams that I've had for a looooong time. And most of them are quite stupid and don't make sense anyway. But I still remember one dream that I used to have like every night from 2 years old to like 4. It starts out some guy sneezes, and then he drops something. Then someone comes up and picks the thing he dropped up, and then gives it to him. Then, the guy (who picked the thing up) starts laughing like crazy, and then I suddenly see him behind a podium or something. It doesn't make any sense, I know, but I had a weird childhood.

I remember when I was like 7 or something I kept having this dream that my dad and I were walking down this train track and we saw a vaolcanoe erupt and trains go through us and all this odd stuff. It ended with us getting off the track and going up to a house and going to sleep. Then I woke up. My gram says that if you tell someone your dream before you eat breakfest it will come true. Wierd but neat.

Guest Taylor Hewitt
Sometimes I have naughty dreams ^^. But most of them are someone is trying to kill/assasanate me so im running like hell its sorta fun

Okay, a little background to me: I've been planning on leaving home as soon as I get out of high school, and living in a van while traveling crosscountry and playing guitar/horn/whatever on the streets for a bit of money. Okay, now the dream...

It started out with every authority figure in my life telling me I'm just a stupid kid and that I shouldn't live homeless; my parents, my grandparents, my aunts and uncles, even my teachers. I had a couple of friends in a car, and I drove away. Later on we stopped somewhere, it looked like the house I lived in as a child, and my family was trying to keep me there. I ran out to what was now a jeep, jumped in, and floored it. I escaped... Then I think I'd gathered a following, because we'd upgraded to a minivan, and there were extra people in it. But no one kept me back. I was happy.

I think that dream was telling me to go for it, no matter what anyone else wants to tell me. Yes, I do believe in dreams meaning things... and I do live by them... ^-^;;

Well someone has a ten year plan...

The last dream I remember is one in which I was riding my brand new Diamondback BMX bike. I would ride it down a very large, smooth hill. At the bottom was a nice riamp that would launch me into the air so I could pull off some seriously sick tricks. I landed very funny after doing a trick and somehow bounced into a parking lot. I was then grinding this handrail when a very large grey stretch limo attempted to run me over. I ran and got away only to find i had lost one of my arms. After realizeing this I immediately fell off my bike and smashed my head open. I stood up and felt my face with my remaining hand only to find a mass of blood and tissue where my forehead would be. Then I woke up.

The reason for the completely strange dream was the painkillers I was on for the removal of my wisdom teeth.

The reason for the headwound was I had rammed my head into the wall while sleeping. It was so bad that I got a bruise and made the injury a part of my dream.

Guest Forbidden One
[color=blue]I very seldomly remember my dreams...and even when I do remember them they usually end up being really about nothing. Though here's an interesting fact they say Dreams are your secret and deepest desires. Is this completely true?[/color]

[size=1]I don't know if I believe that. Dreams tend to contain quite a bit of what I've been thinking about, or what I've been doing lately. Some of that is obviously stress or fear-related, and I shouldn't like to think those are my deepest desires.

However, I see no reason to disbelieve that with regards to happier moments of slumber. ^_~[/size]

well if dreams are my secret desires, then i want to be an emperor standing in a parking lot, talking to my advisor about whether i should go and see this girl. ~_^ id rather be rich. and i havnt had any dreams about that yet, so i suppose that i would have to disagree with you there o_0

Guest Forbidden One
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Baron Samedi [/i]
[B]well if dreams are my secret desires, then i want to be an emperor [/B][/QUOTE]

Don't we all? :p

i had this weird dream where i was in the the video game final fantasy X but it was wierd because i was running from sumthin' and (this ended like most of my "bad" dreams) everyone around me dies and i dont know why then i open a door to a closet or sumthin' and i see this murderer with a meat cleaver then i wake up.
and this one time i think it was when i was 7 or so and iin my dream i had fallen off sumthin' tall and woken to find myself on the floor next to my bed tangled in my sheets and blankets.

I feel like dreams are a lot of things...

1) Sometimes it's just a brain on its own sugar rush saying "Weee! Look at what I can make you see!"
2) Sometimes, they're your subcon. trying to warn you or give you advice cause you're being an a** and not listening to yourself.
3) Sometimes it's your brain relaying your deeper thoughts on a situation that's happening in your life.

Example of No. Three: I was dating this guy. I had three different dreams while dating him. The first was in my old house. It was dark, there was a lot of confusion going on outside, and we were trying to hide from my father because he didn't want us dating (which was the true situation in the waking world). We were scared, and worried about how our relationship was going to work out. Second dream was at his house where everything was bright and shinny. We were happy because we were together and didn't have to hide anything. There was a party going on outside. Last dream we where at my house in Philly, which was old and falling apart. The sun was setting so it was growing darker outside, we kept getting seperated as we tried (once again) to hide from my dad, and everytime we did see each other this huge crow would dive bomb us and try to peck us if we started holding hands. Piece it together. The first happened when we first started dating, the second in the middle, and the third at the end before we broke up.

Since being dumped I have not had any dreams about my ex...however in a another dream (not concerning him) I remember seeing his house in the background, and it had been torn down.

I'm really into the dream interpretation thing, if you couldn't tell. I own a few books on defining signs from them...it's fun to watch how people react when all the "nonsense" from their visions connects with their waking life. ^_^

Guest Crimson Spider
You're all lucky. Atleast you dream something. I don't. I don't dream and forget it, I mean not dream at all. Unless you coun't staring at pitch blackness for any amount of assumed time, from just a few seconds to many hours, not being able to move or wake up at will a dream.

On the rare occasions of which I actually dream, they are either so rediculessly weird that I can't explain them, or pretty darn cool. Like I had this one dream where all the adults were running around trying to kill all the adolescent teenagers around my area, and that I was a fugitive guy running around the city trying to stop them, and I had this cool laser gun... It was a very long dream. I actually would fall asleep in that dream, stare at pitch blackness for several hours, then wake up, still in my dream, and continue on. Lasted about 3 days.

dreams...that's a big question. especially if you take into concideration any sort of religious/spiritual content.

i have all kinds of dreams some even become short stories. most of my dreams as of late have been either ultra violent or apocolyptic. what i find to be the strangest thing though is that the dreams which most would see as scarey don't frighten me and dreams that are a lot more tame and normal seem to startle me. *shrugs*

i use to do dream interpretation...among other things so...it's hard to say really wether theres some deep meaning or not, i will say that theres a lot of symbolism in dreams.

'sometimes a cigar is just a cigar' -Sigmond Freud.

Has anyone ever had a dream one night, and then encounteredparts of it throughout the next day? Tha happened to me a few days ago.. and nights.. :drunk:

Anyway, I dreamt of getting hit by a Holden V8 Colorado and dieing in hospital that night. The next day, I really did see a Holden Colorado, running on 8 cylinders, go down the street. A few hours later I was on my BMX, and the same car pulled out in front of me. I hit the side of it and grazed my shoulder on the road, bent up my bike real good, ended up going to the holspital to get an X-RAY and it bandaged up. Coincidence? ...?

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Fall [/i]
[B]Has anyone ever had a dream one night, and then encounteredparts of it throughout the next day? Tha happened to me a few days ago.. and nights...[/B][/QUOTE]

I don't know what the true terminology for that is, but I call it Lucid Precognition.
I also experiance this often, but I don't realize that I had dreamed it untill it happens. I'll be sitting there playing videogames and I'll come upon a part that seems oddly familiar even though I have never played it before. The feeling is usually that of deja vu. Then I can tell you exactly what is going to happen next. I can tell you who is going ot say what. I can tell you if I will win the battle or not. I can tell you any number of things that wil happen five to ten seconds after the feeling starts.

We are both precognitives, only on a very small scale.

I had a dream that i was fighting off these amateur martial artist along side Bruce Lee. I also once had a DBZ dream when i was 7 were Nappa came back as a Super Saiyan and killed Vegeta. Bulma cried. I watched to much DBZ back then.

Guest Taylor Hewitt
My scary dream from my childhood is the following.

I'm in a bath. In my house. Alone. I somehow hear two people in black leather coats walking to my house and they have guns. I jump out of the tub naked splashing water everywhere. I get to my room and see that my bed is covered in toys. I start trying to clear it off and I hear them coming to me. They shoot me.

Pretty scary when you're a kid.

I had a dream once. Well, more than once, but that isn't the point. One dream that I'll never forget goes like this:

I'm in my room, then all of a sudden I hear a large crash. I go down into the kitchen (I have a robe on) and I see something eating all the stuff in my fridge. All of a sudden the lights come on (it's a dream people!) and I see that it's my younger cousin. I go over a smack him over the head with a giant ham, then he's unconcious (this'll never happen...:bawl: ) and I drag him outside into the snow. (I live in California, and in the city, not the mountains!) Then I take a knife from the kitchen and give it to my cousin. He starts to walk off (it looks like a gorilla walking) and then he dissapears into the horizen. Then I go back inside and there a dozens of cats. They all attack me with mini machine guns. I die.

Isn't that cute?!?!? Cute li'l cats and their machine guns! I'll forgive them for killing me 'cuz they're SO cute!!

~:cross: Lalalalalala. I have no brain people. Deal with it!! Muwahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!~

I have a lot of nightmares. Mostly about Resident Evil or falling of a cliff forever. Though I rarely have dreams anyway. I once dreamt that I met Cloricus and we didn't ever get off the computer.XD. But that's about it.

Yeah, i have a nightmare where i'm on top a giagantic flag poll and people start to chop it down and i fall real far and before i land, i wake up. I have had this dream like every 4 months. kinda weird, but i guess its cuz i;m scared of heights.