OtakuBoards

Final Fantasy Tactics Advance

duelist22

The Sword Breaker isn't hard to get. It just doesn't appear until fairly late in the game, at which point many of the good weapons to be stolen have passed by. One option is that if you have Steal: Ability find a thief that has Steal: Weapon and steal it.

As to the Knight and Fight Combos, you need two seperate weapons for them. A Mythril Blade gives you fight combo, and a Mythril Brand gives you Knight Combo(for a Paladin). Most of my mythril weapons came from Nono's shop after linking with a friend. Try linking a lot, checking the shop between each time. You'll probably get it eventually. If you don't have a linking partner, well, you're screwed.

As for the final boss[spoiler]es[/spoiler], I didn't find them too dificult. Of course it didn't help that I had laws against Katanas and Skills, which ruled out my Ninja and Sage. [spoiler]Having three battles in a row doesn't affect things much, since your health is replenished in between battles. I didn't use any combos or Totemas during all three.

For the first, I avoided Llednar until everyone else was killed, then hit him from a range until he got too close. Then I broke out Marche, who had double sword as a paladin. In the second battle, against Remedi, I decided to use an antilaw so that my Ninja and Sage could be put to good use. I took out the Famfrit and Addramallech first, then went for Remedi, who I cornered and attacked until she went. It helps to have a Sage with Turbo MP and Raise:p

For the final final boss against the Li' Grim, I had to take more desperate measures. I sent my everyone for the two Mateus' after creating a law against harming Humans. The Mateus' could only attack four of my six people, and even though Remedi could still attack me, it help to have reduced damage. After the Mateus' went, I concentrated my attacks on Remedi, healing as necessary, until she finally died. I beat it on my first try. Maybe I just have the skillz:devil:[/spoiler]

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[color=indigo]Whee, FFTA status update. I'm currently at 110:15 for play time, with 260 missions completed. Marche is level 33, almost level 34, and all my other characters are level 25-26. My clan is level 66, with all stats in the 50s.

Yet, after all this, I have not unlocked every job on every race. There is one remaining: the Assasin job for Viera. [i]How the heck do you get it?[/i] On one of my Viera I've got all the Fencer abilities, all the Red Mage abilities, two Archer a-abilities, two Sniper a-abilities, and one Elementalist a-ability. What else do I need?

Also, I'm kind of stuck, as for the story. I just got the Allmighty antilaw card from Ezel, and now I can't find anything else to do besides dispatch missions. So yeah, I've got the Almighty antilaw, but what do I do with it? Do I [i]have[/i] to let Ezel join my clan? I really don't want to give up any of my current characters -- especially to replace one with a character that can't learn any abilities other than the ones he starts with.[/color]

[color=indigo]Eh, so it puts every enemy to sleep -- [i]if[/i] it hits. That means one free hit, and then they wake up. I'd rather have an Alchemist that can turn people into frogs and use other status afflicting spells. They may still be able to hit me as a frog, but they won't be doing more than 2 damage, and I'm going to be doing more damage to them at the same time.

And I guess you could just keep using Azoth over and over again to put them back to sleep...but wouldn't that make battles pretty boring? I like at least a little challenge. Last time I fought clan Bloodthirsters, one from a Jagd area, I used five of my weaker characters and one strong one. I only just scraped together a victory (stupid undead monsters kept coming back), but it was one of the funnest battles I had been in for a while.

And thanks for the info. One question, though -- can you go back and complete other missions after you beat the game? I'd like to complete all 300 missions, so I don't want to beat it if I won't be able to go back and do the rest of the missions afterwards.[/color]

To get an assassin you need 1 sniper and 2 elementalist a-abilities. The one class you have one of :p

As to Ezel and the other secret characters, I only let them join up so that I could say I have them. I don't really use them; I use mainly the six people that my clan started with.

Yes, like Takuya said, you can do any of the missions you haven't yet completed. I had done some like 280 of them when I had beaten it, but that's just me. I found it gets very frustrating when you have nothing to do except those 5 missions left, and they only appear in a certain month, and to do it you need two missions items you don't have, so you have to do other missions first that appear in another month...you get my idea.

You know, I've also found that if you don't remember something about the storyline (after 100+ hours :p) it helps to start another file and play the beginning again. When I gave my team update (a couple posts ago) I said that [spoiler]there was a cinema scene with Babus saying a few unknown words, and he and Cid thought it was an ancient language. I started a second file, and in the opening scene where Marche, Mewt and Ritz open the book, Mewt reads a few words out of it, but doesn't understand them. These are the words that Babus was saying; I wouldn't have remembered if I hadn't started over. I don't know if that phrase affects the game at all, though.[/spoiler]

• 3 weeks later...
[SIZE=1][COLOR=purple]I beat this game last week. To tell y'all the truth, I was disappointed.

Not much of an ending, I can say that.

When I played my game again, [SPOILER]I got Ritz and Babus in my party after some new missions. I think it's stupid that Ritz is a Human but can learn only take on Viera jobs. I figured since she was a Human, she's be able to become a Ninja or something. I think it's because she's a girl and hung out with a Viera clan that she learned only Viera jobs. Oh, well. I never liked Ritz to begin with anyways. Boring.

And Babus is great. A Runeseeker? I wonder if there's anyway my clan can learn Expert jobs, too! That kind of surprised me. An unobtainable job. Huh.[/SPOILER]

Well, now that I'm here, might as well update my Clan.

Name: Clan Chronos
Level/Title: Lv. 49/Warmaster
Missions Completed: 190
Freed Areas: 9 (I've been slacking off in this area)

[B]Clan Members[/B]
Lv. 33 Marche: Paladin w/Fighter Tech
[SPOILER]Lv. 31 Babus: Runeseeker w/Item[/SPOILER]
Lv. 31 Human Ninja w/Steal
Lv. 30 Viera Summoner w/White Magic
[SPOILER]Lv. 29 Ritz: Red Mage w/Lunge Tech[/SPOILER]
Lv. 29 Moogle Thief w/Gunmanship
Lv. 29 Viera Assassin w/Aim
Lv. 29 Nu Mou Alchemist w/Black Magic
Lv. 28 Bangaa Tempest w/Item
Lv. 27 Bangaa White Monk w/Item
Lv. 27 Human Illusionist w/White Magic
Lv. 27 Human Blue Mage w/Item
Lv. 27 Montblanc: Time Mage w/Black Magic
Lv. 26 Bangaa Dragoon w/Spellblade Tech
Lv. 18 Nu Mou Morpher w/Item
Lv. 18 Human Hunter w/Item

Yeah, my last two I hardly ever use. My Moogle Thief was a Gunner, and now I'm teaching him some Thief abilities so he can become a Juggler and take on a dispatch mission. Damn, I hate those!

I really like the Morpher, it's fun to control monsters and take their souls. But it would be nifty if they can actually take on their forms. But for some reason, just of late, no battles have called for a Morpher/Hunter. Most of the missions I've finished mainly had no monsters, or consisted of ones I already had taken care of.

And catching monsters and "feeding" them is just...well, idiotically, stupidly, and ridiculously...[B]stupid[/B]! I have a Red Dragon that loves me to pieces, but that's pretty much it! Nothing else. All I need to do is just take their souls and release them. No other purpose I see, really. There doesn't even [B]need[/B] to be a monster farm! Morphers can just take their souls right on the battlefield! I have no idea what the game designers were thinking when they came up with this stupid Monster Farm idea. :cross:

Somewhat original, yes. Variety, yes. Stupid, YES! >.O[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[color=indigo]Hmm, I think I'll post up a detailed description of my clan. Haven't listed all my characters yet...

[b]Clan[/b]

Clan Name: Red Wings
Level & Title: 76 (Riskbreaker)
Missions Completed: 267
Freed Areas: 29
Play Time: 130:07
[size=1]Combat: 72
Magic: 68
Smithing: 76
Craft: 63
Appraise: 68
Gather: 65
Negotiate: 68
Track: 66[/size]

[b]Party[/b]
[size=1](Jobs in parenthesis mean that character knows five or more A-Abilities for that job, stars mean that character knows all of that job's abilities).[/size]

Marche: Lv.38 Human - Paladin/Fighter [size=1](*Soldier, Fighter, Paladin, *Thief, *Ninja, *White Mage, *Black Mage, *Illusionist, Archer, Hunter)[/size]
Montblanc: Lv.30 Moogle - Thief/Juggler [size=1](Thief, *Juggler)[/size]
Higgins: Lv.30 Human - Ninja/Fighter [size=1](Fighter, Paladin, Ninja)[/size]
Bjorn: Lv.30 Bangaa - White Monk/Gladiator [size=1](White Monk, Gladiator)[/size]
Clay: Lv.30 Nu Mou - Time Mage/Sage [size=1](*White Mage, Black Mage, Sage)[/size]
Shelly: Lv.30 Viera - Assassin/Fencer [size=1](*Fencer, *Red Mage)[/size]
Frantz: Lv.30 Nu Mou - Illusionist/Black Mage [size=1](*Black Mage, White Mage, Illusionist, Alchemist)[/size]
Nikolai: Lv.29 Human - Archer/Thief [size=1](Fighter, *Thief, *Ninja)[/size]
Anry: Lv.29 Human - Hunter/Archer [size=1](Archer, Hunter)[/size]
Leo: Lv.30 Human - Soldier/Fighter [size=1](Soldier, Fighter)[/size]
Jon: Lv.30 Human - Black Mage/White Mage [size=1](Black Mage, *White Mage)[/size]
Lidenbok: Lv.30 Moogle - Gadgeteer/Black Mage [size=1](*Gunner)[/size]
Benjamin: Lv. 30 Human - Ninja/Thief [size=1](*Thief, Ninja)[/size]
Wilder: Lv.30 Bangaa - Warrior/Dragoon [size=1](Dragoon)[/size]
Sharu: Lv.29 Moogle - Time Mage/Mog Knight [size=1](Black Mage, Mog Knight)[/size]
Joseph: Lv.29 Nu Mou - Time Mage/Black Mage [size=1](Black Mage, Time Mage)[/size]
Nansen: Lv.29 Nu Mou - Beastmaster/Morpher [size=1](Beastmaster, Morpher)[/size]
Kent: Lv.29 Moogle - Black Mage/Animist [size=1](Black Mage, *Animist)[/size]
Rolan: Lv.29 Bangaa - Templar/White Monk [size=1](Templar)[/size]
Odette: Lv.29 Viera - Summoner/White Mage [size=1](White Mage)[/size]
[spoiler]Ritz: Lv.30 Pseudo-Viera - Fencer/Elementalist [size=1](Fencer)[/size]
Babus: Lv.20 Nu Mou - Runeseeker/Items
Ezel: Lv.30 Nu Mou - Hermetic/Items
Shara: Lv.31 Viera - Fencer/Sniper[/spoiler][/color]

• 2 weeks later...
[color=#006699]I just got it last night. I'm not very far, but from what I [i]have[/i] played it seems great. So far I've done around 4 or five missions. But I've faced 3 teams in the "Clan Wars". This is my first strategy based RPG (I believe that is what they are called). And I'm still relatively new to RPGs. I've only played FFVII, FFX, FFIII, and Wild Arms. I feel I'm adapting pretty well, and it's relatively easy to learn the format of the battle system. Currently I believe Marche is level 6, and the rest of my characters are 4, 5. The healer you start out with (I can't remember his name at the moment) is only at level 2 though. So overall, it's great. I can't wait to play through [b]all[/b] the missions and see how high I can get my characters.

I still have quite a few questions for those further in the game and/or have beaten it. How long does Clan Wars last? When will I be able to have my characters learn abilities from other classes? For someone new to the genre, name some things I should look for when deciding to either reject or accept a clan member. These are probably all things that will be introduced to me later in the game. But I'm pretty curious now. [/color]

[color=indigo]Whee, I just recently completed all 300 missions, plus the extra missions. It annoys me that it doesn't save after you do the last extra mission, though. I really wanted that second Nagrarok that I stole...

Marche is level 40 now, with every other character besides [spoiler]Cid[/spoiler] on level 35 or 36. I still need to get a few more weapons to teach me some abilities, though. I mainly need ones that teach combo abilities, which are a pain in the butt to get. My play time is 158:22, clan level is 82 (Explorer Red Wings), my skill levels are in the 80s except for smithing at 91, and all 30 areas are freed. My clan rocks. ^_^

As for your questions... The Clan Wars last the whole game. Other clans will always be going from place to place on the overworld, and areas that you free will always be attacked every now and then. (Although if you hold them for long enough, it seems like they'll stop getting attacked. The only areas that get attacked for me anymore are the Jagd areas). It's sort of like the random battles of other FF games, only not random. If you need to level up or learn some abilities before you can complete a mission, the traveling clans give you a way to build up your characters.

If you want a character to learn other types of abilities, just change their job. You can change a character's job at any time, short of in a battle, and have them start learning different abilities. (Assuming you've got weapons/armor that will teach abilities for that job). Just go into the Party screen, hit the button on a character, and then choose "Change Job."

As for what to look for when accepting a new clan member, it really just depends on what kind of character you want. Different races will offer to join depending on what month it is, but other than that, what kind of character will offer to join is random. Basically though, if you're looking for a mage type character, make sure the character you accept starts out as a mage of some kind. Otherwise they'll most likely have low MP and magic power, which makes them pretty useless as a mage. If you're looking for a good fighter type, make sure the character has good HP and attack power and starts out with a physical attacking job such as Soldier, Warrior, Fencer, etc. So yeah, it really just depends on what kind of character you're looking for.[/color]

• 1 month later...
HELP!!

I think I've been trapped in my game...

Alright, I have played for about 50 hours of the game, and now I've reached Deti Plains, where I'm supposed to meet [spoiler]Cid[/spoiler] in one of those "surprise" encounters. However, I moved to the symbol at the same time with a rival gang, so I naturally engaged in a battle with it before the real mission. Naturally I won with my doublesword-paladin-Marche (I named him Gabriel, though, because... well, he looks like a Gabriel), then I saved.

Now, the problem is that if I attempt to move away from the symbol, I will get engaged in the "surprise" battle with some monstery monsters. Of course with my luck, there's currently a law against hurting animals, and I naturally don't have any anti-law card to prevent it!

So now I'm stuck in one place, where I can't move away, or else I get engaged in a battle I can't win because of ONE STUPID LAW!!! Am I pissed, or am I PISSED?!

Isn't there ANYTHING I can do??? The laws don't change randomly, do they? (I tried to restart the game, but the same laws still stood...)

You have one option as far as I see. Risk it. MAYBE, just MAYBE you can get away with a few yellow cards. But then again, it depends on the severity of the law. You could also try cancelling the mission, but I can't remember much of Tactics... After it was stolen. The only other solution I see, if at all possible, is use zombie on them and then life or phoenix down.

Hello ppl I need help with the game. I need an alchemist and a blue mage, but i don't know how to get them, my clan level is around 25 and my caln members are all over level 10. What do I need todo to get those jobs?

[size=1][color=blue]Moved to the Square-Enix forum. I'll let you handle the rest, Des :p[/size][/color]

I think this should be in the General Tactics help thread but I'll give some advice anyway. But may I ask why you NEED them? I never did, they were just characters who held on for the ride. Anyway, here we go.

1 white mage skills + 1 black mage skills unlocks the blue mage.

Alchemists are a teensy bit harder. If you have the time, get 3 white mage skills and 5 black mage skills, and the job option should unlock.

Another thing that you can try is to bring a beastmaster along and make the monsters attack each other. That gives them yellow/red cards for attacking monsters, even if they are monsters. This will work until there is only one monster left, and I think you can survive with one red card for a few days. I've used that strategy several times, and it works quite well. Or, you could poisen them so that they die eventually and you only get a yellow card. If you don't have a way of poisening or don't have a beastmaster, then I think you're screwed.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by CrH [/i]
[B]I think this should be in the General Tactics help thread but I'll give some advice anyway.[/B][/QUOTE]
[color=indigo]That is correct, it should have been posted in the original FFTA thread. Then again, it also seems it should have been originally posted in the Square Enix forum instead of the Nintendo forum.

Threads Merged[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by otakukev [/i]
[B]If you don't have a way of poisening or don't have a beastmaster, then I think you're screwed. [/B][/QUOTE]

Uh... I do have a beastmaster, but the monsters I'm against are so tough... A Big Malboro, Titania, one or two dragons and whatnot... Well, I guess I'll just stop whining and try the "illegal" approach. Oh man, I'm so far in this game... :worried:

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by CrH [/i]
[B]I think this should be in the General Tactics help thread but I'll give some advice anyway. But may I ask why you NEED them? I never did, they were just characters who held on for the ride. Anyway, here we go.

1 white mage skills + 1 black mage skills unlocks the blue mage.

Alchemists are a teensy bit harder. If you have the time, get 3 white mage skills and 5 black mage skills, and the job option should unlock. [/B][/QUOTE]

Thanks for the advice, sorry to post it in the wrong forum, i didn't saw the FF thread sorry.

Thanks for the tip t get those job, but i need the alchemist and the blue mage for 2 mission (Life Work-lchemist and i forgot the another for the blue mage o_o).:babble:

• 1 month later...
[color=#006699]I bought FFTA a while ago, but after having lots of trouble figuring out the whole job thing, I returned. Now I feel pretty stupid...to not have looked a the manual. ^_^; But I bought it again about two weeks ago and I'm loving it.

[b]Clan Gaiden[/b]

My main character (Marche) is named Sushi, he's level 15 and is currently a fighter. Montblanc is now an Animist and level 13. My other characters are all still around the 10s. But they're all getting stronger now that I've been participating more in the Clan Wars. Anyway, I have destroyed [spoiler]one crystal[/spoiler] so far and I'm about to do the mission Diamond Rain.

So yeah, I'd say I'm doing ok. I'll be sure to post back when I get a little further.[/color]

[color=indigo]I merged this with the original FFTA thread. In the future, please check for previously existing threads dealing with the same game/subject before creating a new thread.

While I'm posting in here, though, I guess I'll post an update of my clan and party info. A while ago I put in about 20 hours of play time after not playing for a couple months, and my clan is quite a bit more powerful than it was when I did my last update.

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

[size=3][b]Clan[/b][/size]

[b]Name:[/b] Clan Red Wings
[b]Level:[/b] 86
[b]Title:[/b] Explorer
[b]Missions Completed:[/b] 300
[b]Freed Areas:[/b] 30
[b]Play Time:[/b] 182:00

[b]Combat Level:[/b] 99
[b]Magic Level:[/b] 99
[b]Smithing Level:[/b] 99
[b]Craft Level:[/b] 99
[b]Appraise Level:[/b] 99
[b]Gather Level:[/b] 99
[b]Negotiate Level:[/b] 99
[b]Track Level:[/b] 95

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

[size=3][b]Party[/b][/size]

[b]Marche[/b] - Human
Level: 41
Mastered Jobs: Soldier, Thief, Ninja, White Mage, Black Mage, Illusionist, Archer, Hunter
5+ Abilities: Paladin, Fighter

[b]Montblanc[/b] - Moogle
Mastered Jobs: Thief, Juggler
5+ Abilities: Gunner

[b]Higgins[/b] - Human
Mastered Jobs: Thief, Ninja
5+ Abilities: Soldier, Paladin, Fighter

[b]Bjorn[/b] - Bangaa
Level: 40
Mastered Jobs: White Monk
5+ Abilities: Dragoon, Gladiator, Templar

[b]Clay[/b] - Nu Mou
Mastered Jobs: White Mage, Black Mage, Beastmaster
5+ Abilities: Sage

[b]Shelly[/b] - Viera
Mastered Jobs: Fencer, Red Mage, Assassin
5+ Abilities: Sniper

[b]Frantz[/b] - Nu Mou
Mastered Jobs: White Mage, Black Mage, Illusionist
5+ Abilities: Alchemist

[b]Nikolai[/b] - Human
Mastered Jobs: Thief, Ninja
5+ Abilities: Fighter, Archer

[b]Anry[/b] - Human
Mastered Jobs: Archer
5+ Abilities: Hunter

[b]Leo[/b] - Human
Mastered Jobs: Soldier, Thief
5+ Abilities: Fighter, Ninja

[b]Jon[/b] - Human
Mastered Jobs: White Mage, Black Mage
5+ Abilities: Blue Mage

[b]Lidenbok[/b] - Moogle
Mastered Jobs: Gunner, Gadgeteer
5+ Abilities: Mog Knight, Thief, Black Mage

[b]Wilder[/b] - Bangaa
Mastered Jobs: Warrior, Dragoon
5+ Abilities: White Monk

[b]Sharu[/b] - Moogle
Mastered Jobs: Time Mage
5+ Abilities: Mog Knight, Black Mage

[b]Joseph[/b] - Nu Mou
Mastered Jobs: White Mage, Time Mage
5+ Abilities: Black Mage

[b]Nansen[/b] - Nu Mou
Mastered Jobs: White Mage, Beastmaster
5+ Abilities: Morpher

[b]Kent[/b] - Moogle
Mastered Jobs: Animist, Black Mage
5+ Abilities: Gunner

[b]Rolan[/b] - Bangaa
Mastered Jobs: N/A
5+ Abilities: Defender, Bishop, Templar

[b]Odette[/b] - Viera
5+ Abilities: White Mage, Summoner

[spoiler][b]Ritz[/b] - Viera
Mastered Jobs: Fencer, Assassin
5+ Abilities: Sniper[/spoiler]

[spoiler][b]Babus[/b] - Nu Mou
Mastered Jobs: Runeseeker
5+ Abilities: N/A[/spoiler]

[spoiler][b]Ezel[/b] - Nu Mou
Mastered Jobs: Hermetic
5+ Abilities: N/A[/spoiler]

[spoiler][b]Shara[/b] - Viera
5+ Abilities: Archer, Sniper[/spoiler]

[spoiler][b]Cid[/b] - Human
Mastered Jobs: Judgemaster
5+ Abilities: N/A[/spoiler][/color]

• 5 months later...
Yeah as the title mentions I need help. Im stuck. In Final Fantasy Tactics Advance, I'm at the final boss (i think) [spoiler]So here's the low down, during the battle Im a paladin with my favorite ability the double sword from ninjia. Anyway I deal great damage with my first sword however, the second swing for some reason heals the 'queen'. My question is One: is it the sword Im using? Also what is a good way to beat her? I.e. what jobs did you find as the best suited?[/spoiler]

Any help would be much apreciated, and no I won't look up a walkthrough or guide I'd rather defeat her myself but yeah, I need some advice.

[color=#4B0082]Eh, I'll just merge the threads. It's a decent enough question.

Anyway, I'd check and see if that second sword you're using has an elemental attribute. Most likely it has a holy elemental attribute (it being a paladin sword) and the boss absorbs holy attacks, which would cause it to heal the boss. If that's the case, just swap it out for another sword that doesn't have the same elemental attribute and you should be fine.

As for what jobs to use, I don't think it really matters a whole lot as long as your characters aren't underpowered and you've got a good healer with you. Just use your strongest characters on whatever jobs they're best with. Personally though, I tend to go with a set of three close range fighters (paladins, fighters, gladiators, etc.), one long range fighter (archer, hunter, assassin), and two magic users (one for healing, one for attacking).[/color]