OtakuBoards

theOtaku.com on Adult Swim!

Guest XBebop

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[color=crimson]Well, for those who missed it, you could try watching Adult Swim all week, they are bound to show the commercial more than once. Or, YOU could try to recording it. I have no webcam to get the video up and hooking the TV to the comp is not an option(TV is from 1987). But, I could make 10 copies of the tapes, send it to ten people who want it with a letter of who to send it to next if more people want it...but that might get complicated O_o;;;;;

~Lumi ^_^[/color]

[color=silver] [size=0] Woah...this is pretty cool i guess...I just hope that it isnt just a bunch of little kids...trust me, lots of them watch adult swim...i saw some kids who were about ten, at the bookstore once looking at anime DVD's (they are over by the mangas at our bookstore) to get inuyasha, and all of them talking about adult swim...I hope we get some good members out of this tho...congrats to the mod's and admins! [/color] [/size]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by wolfbaden6 [/i]
[B]I'm not a kid, i'm a teen. [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=silver] [size=0]uh...i didnt call you one....i was just saying that we might get lotsa kids out of this thing...but i'm hoping we won't. or was that comment not directed at me...?[/color] [/size]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by GinnyLyn [/i]
[B]Even though I don't have cable, I still am having trouble believing this. I have no access to proof and I have yet to [i]see[/i] any proof. We do know for sure it was about us?

I need proof. Gimme. [/B][/QUOTE]
It's completely believeable if you've ever seen adult swim, but since you haven't it will be impossible for you to believe.

[color=#707875]Hehe...no access to proof eh? ~_^

Yeah, I don't really believe anything without proof. But apparently someone has recorded it on VHS or something. I don't know. I'm still looking for a screen capture to confirm it.

Although it makes me wonder...is Adult Swim in the habit of putting fan site stuff up? o_O

I've only seen Adult Swim once but I've never noticed it.[/color]

They mention sites randomly. I've seen bits where they give exact links to forum threads, so this is not out of the realm of possibility.

I've heard it from enough random people that I believe it. It's not like ridiculous, so I don't get why it's worth questioning.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by James [/i]
[B][color=#707875]Hehe...no access to proof eh? ~_^

Yeah, I don't really believe anything without proof. But apparently someone has recorded it on VHS or something. I don't know. I'm still looking for a screen capture to confirm it.

Although it makes me wonder...is Adult Swim in the habit of putting fan site stuff up? o_O

I've only seen Adult Swim once but I've never noticed it.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]
The screencap you will see is most likely white text on a black background. Adult swim has a format of showing black cards with little messages on them so any proof you do see you can easily say "it's fake." Also it is something they would do, they make fun of the people on their forums from time to time through there also.

Well, then, how can we prove it for sure, if it's so easy to manipulate said image?

Don't get me wrong--I think it's wonderful if theOtaku.com has reached this far. But again, I never thought of us being that far up the ladder (if you know what I mean) before until this came up.

Ah well, show me proof, then I shall be happy. ^_^

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Semjaza Azazel [/i]
[B]Some people said they specifically joined because of the mention of theotaku.com on AS. What more proof do you need?

You guys are so weird lol. [/B][/QUOTE]
I guess they think they're all in on it.

[color=#707875]Semjaza's last post hit the nail on the head. But also, if Adult Swim have displayed anime fan sites before...I don't know why there'd be much doubt in that case.

It shouldn't be a surprise. I'm actually amazed that so many people [i]don't[/i] know how large/popular/etc theOtaku.com is. lol

As I said before, it's not the first time the site has been "displayed" on TV.[/color]

[color=hotpink][size=1]I agree with James. TheOtaku.com is very popular. Everytime we have one of those "How did you find OB" threads, the majority of people say they were looking for anime stuff, was led to theOtaku.com and then joined the forums. So yes...I am with James.[/color][/size]

*snickers at clever placement of ad*
okay it wasn't really me ^-^

but, that is pretty interesting. Now i feel like a part of history.
If it had come on in the middle of a show like reign i probably would have killed myself. Hey,it was only a matter of time. This is hands down the best anime forum on the net.

I suppose by only hearing this from a few people in this forum, you could have your doubts, but some of my friends who don't even go to this forum told me about it before I even had time to ask if they had seen it. It happened.

I'm still getting over the shock about finding out about theOtaku being mentioned on Adult Swim, and I just wish I could have been there to watch it. I guess it isn't out of the realm of possibilities, but it's always a surprise to see a community that you're so attatched to be mentioned nation-wide, even if it was only for a few seconds. After I found out, I started looking around for screen captures or clips or something, but I didn't come up with anything, nor was I able to match anything on Adult Swim's Trigun section with theOtaku's. That's not to say that I'm not more than convinced that it happened, though.

Now if only my name can get added to the staff page soon. <<; lol

[COLOR=teal][SIZE=1]That is too awesome! ^-^

I wish I had been watching...

But then again it's probably a good thing, because knowing me I would have went beserk and went EEEEEEEH! And pointing it out to my whole family...

I'm just like that.<.< But anyways this is too cool

So, to OtakuBoard's admin and staff...give yourself a cookie ^-^[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Ahh... I remember seeing thotaku.com flash during a break. And that was the first time I watched Adult Swim in over a year. It changed mucho. Anyway, I was somewhat sleepy that night and I thought I was hallucinating. o_o So when I saw that, I was like:

Flava: *sleepily staring at the TV* [i]Whoa, I go there. Cool beans.[/i]

I was recording something earlier that night; then I stopped the tape right after the show was over. X_x

I could've helped those that didn't see it, but it wasn't meant to be... *hunches over and slinks her way out of the thread*