OtakuBoards

50 vs. Shady

Guest FlamingPegasus

Guest FlamingPegasus
I recently saw the vma's and wa dissapointrd(although I knew)that 50 Cent got more awards than Eminem. I'm not really sue whether it's cuz 50 Cent 's album came up more recenrty and he has been making plenty of videos or if it's because people like 50 cent bettr than Eminem

thats like asking me to choose between my children. 50 was discovered by Eminem, so Eminem is technically his producer. I like Eminem alot, but only wehn he uses his SLim Shady persona. Any other time he is too depressing. So i kinda like 50 a little more. I'm a fan of "Many Men". Awsoem song.

Guest cownose
Ok, I am an extreame newbie. :) And thank you then, for the tip. I do not particularly enjoy rap music, however, I find that slim shadey can make make the music fun (and I'm talking about the slim shadey things, not eminem), the lyrics are ryhtmic, interesting, and a joy to listen to. However, I do not know a whole much about 50 cent, as I dont listen to rap music that often. Who is he?

50 cent only won because he put out his album this year and 2 major singles, one of which is insanely popular (In Da Club)... plus he's new. Eminem is old, everyone knows who Eminem is, he's already won awards, and no one really cares about old talent, they want something new, and 50 is "new." At least to the mainstream rap world he is.

I personally don't like either of em. They're overplayed, boring, and quite frankly I don't care if he was shot 9 times.

As much as I would like to go into extreme detail about how overrated 50 Cent is, and how his entire mainstream career is supported only by the fact that his album was produced by Dr. Dre, I think I summed it all up nicely in this sentence.

With that said, I'd like to remind you all that if you don't watch the quality of your posts, I will shut this thread down faster than the FDA at a tuna factory near Sea World.

[color=indigo]I really don?t like ?Fiddy? (as his name seems to be pronounced), his raps all seem really monotone and I find his lyrics to be insanely trite. I respect (I don?t like) Eminem just because he can be funny one moment and serious the next?not too many song writers (although calling him a song writer might be a bit over the top) can do that.

I think there were better albums and musicians that could have won the awards. The Roots had an album this year that was excellent, but I guess they aren?t MTV enough?[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Manic [/i]
[B]As much as I would like to go into extreme detail about how overrated 50 Cent is, and how his entire mainstream career is supported only by the fact that his album was produced by Dr. Dre, I think I summed it all up nicely in this sentence.
[/B][/QUOTE]

That and he was shot 9 times. lol.

MTV basis all of it's awards and all of it's everything off of mainstream music and movies. Nothing else. They pay no attention to upcoming stars, nor do they pay attention to indies artists or anything of the sort. If they aren't mainstream, then MTV could care less.

I'd prefer Eminem over 50 Cent any day. In fact, Dr. Dre and Eminem are the only mainstream rappers that I like. I hate 50 Cent's style, and I especially hate his song "wangster". Oh, and how could I leave out the fact that he was "shot 9 times", (though he has his shirt off at concerts with no visible scars) he must be SOO tough, and we all know tough people make good rappers.

I, personally, like both rappers, but prefer Eminem for one simple reason: Lyrics. Put both of them in a freestyle battle and Eminem will tear 50 a new one. Screw popularity, screw the media, screw all the "hype," bring the rappers down to their basic form - the art of rap and flow/freestyle.

Basically...

Eminem > 50 Cent (w/ respect to lyrics)

Yeah, Em changes his moves faster than a horny jack rabbit. He is like a mix between a manic depressive and a skitzoprinic. He changes his mood all the time and he has three persona's. Eminem, SLim Shady, and MArtial Mathers.

Now, Fiddy, you can't blame for his over marketing of the "shot 9 times", becuase it aiin't him promoting that, its his producers. So don't bash on him.

i think the only reason 50 won all those awards is because his album came out closest to the VMAs. but i think eminem is much better than 50 because of his lyrics Em can make words go together better than any one else and with his personalitys mixed into that its sick.50 raps about clubs, cars, and money which has all ready been done by every other rapper.

Well, 50 sings doesn't have very smart lyris i'll admit, but you know he is good cuz Shady is his producer and founder. I like Em and all, but he rhymes about he same thing over and over and over about how he hates his mom or his ex wife or how he loves his daughter. the only songs i really like is when he uses the SLim Shady persona and raps funny and about current stuff. I like them both, i jsut like 50 cuz he's songs are catchy.

Hmm..

fiddy: He's new, and new ones are usually bad. Well...there are exeptions..but still. He doesn't have the experience. He's basing to much on his appearence.

Eminem: Experience/rapping technique/thruth/ding ding ding, we have a winner.

For example.
For of controversy till i retire my jersey/
Till the fire dies down and i retire at thirty/

Who would think that thirty and jesey coyuld be rhymed? But Eminem did it in 'the music stops' on Eminem show. He doesn't care abbout appearance, he's said that. I like the crazy SLim ****, like my name is, just like me, my fault, etc. Also, i like 97 bonnie and clyde, guilt concence, etc. Some EMNi3m songs are good, but it's mainly slim shady that's the best. but, the best is....

Mrshal Mathers: Hailies Song. No doupt. He has a life, and that shows it. Thanks

EM fan out

Guest The Bouncer
first Fiddy aint a new raper. he has like 2 albums out before but they didnt sell well. Em and Dre found him and made him who is is today.

But 50 cent is better than Eminem. atleast the new one. fiddys punch lines are tight, but he could open his mouth sometimes. but his lyrics and songs are catchy

Eminem now only raps about how he hates his mom, and he wants to kill his ex. who cares no one wants to hear you problems. he can spit some tight lyrics when he wants. but othr than that .....