OtakuBoards

WWF(E) Review

GhostofSalvtore

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brand extension has to go in the next few weeks in we want to see a good Wrestlemania. After WMX9, Smackdown will have so few of wrestlers. Edge and Angle are out, Hogan will be gone too, UT could be on his final run as well, Big Show can't carry SD, Nathan Jones is an iff, and Chris Benoit and Rhyno are not maineventers just yet. Smackdown used to be able to win the battle of rating w/RAW, but now it can only be compared to shows like Heat. RAW now has all the "big names", Austin, Rock, HHH, Booker, Steiner, Dudleys. Smackdown's show would feature Lesnar, Benoit, Rhyno, Matt Hardy, Rey Mysterio and UT. None of these guys can really do a rival or a good feud that would be able to contend with anything RAW does. So this leads me to say that you have to end the brand extension, Smackdown is too weak to be able to do much that the WWE wants.

And Brock Lesnar, the future "star" in the WWE, is in the middle of all this. The feud between him and Kurt has been going on since, what, December. The WWE was riding on this as being the big match at WMX9. And now Brock is all alone at WMX9. There is noone on Smackdown that can even make a match that would be on the card with him. Undertaker has already done it and it wasn't too succesful. Hogan already has his match with Vince and we already know where that will go. Benoit, even though he is an equal in talent to Kurt, it just has lost something, in terms of fan-base, and its the fact that its face vs face. If you even look at the heel side of Smackdown, you will realize that it is much worse. There is only Big Show, who is, as I said, banged up. There is Team Angle and I guess you can say John Cena, but I would laugh if I saw something between Cena and Lesnar now, not this year maybe next though. And there is Goldberg who could be pushed up before WMX9, but is highly unlikely and a little risky.

If you ended the extension, the oppurunities are endless, but with one being the best way. There is Austin vs Lesnar, which if you don't remember is why Austin left( he didn't want to work with Lesnar) But I say don't tamper with the Rock vs Austin match because WWE knows that it will draw the money and put the booties in the seats. Then there is Rock vs Lesnar, who already had a great feud for SummerSlam. Which had all the drama and turned to be a good match. And with Rock being a full-fledged heel it could be even better, but like I say don't touch whats already good. And then there is the best one yet, The Game HHH vs Lesnar, unify the titles, end the extension, and have a good match at WMX9. Now I know that Booker would have to suffer, but that match can be postponed for the better sake of the WWE. You have a super heel vs the babyface. This would be the perfect replacement for Angle vs Lesnar. I see it as Steiner can interfere in Booker's matches and all and they have a match at WMX9, and Booker going on to Backlash to face the champ. Somehow Vince is going to work his feud with Hogan and end the extension, somehow, someway it has to be done.

So ya got Rock vs Austin, HHH vs Lesnar, Hogan vs Vince, Jericho vs HBK, Booker vs Steiner, Rey vs Hardy. then a good tag team match, Dudleys, Storn and Regal, 3-Min, Los Guerreros, Team Angle, and Rhyno and Benoit. I am sure there will be some more to fit the 4 hour show, unless the big matches turn out to be longer, but I doubt that. So I say WWE end the extension, save yourself from a mediocre WMX9 and somehow maybe you can make people forget bout Angle vs Lesnar for now.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Jinzouningen17 [/i]
[B] The King of the Ring was always considered to be the major turning point in a superstars career. I mean, Bret Hart, Owen Hart(RIP), King Mabel(sure, he didnt have much of a push, but he still had a push none the less), Steve Austin, HHH, The Rock, Edge, Angle, and Lesnar(Billy Gunn won one, but he didnt get a push at all after he won it.). Oh well, maybe they'll figure out another tournament type thing to give someone a push or what not for Summerslam(which is usually when whoever wins the King of the Ring gets their first World...Undisputed...whatever title shot). But like you said, that is a VERY stupid idea. [/B][/QUOTE]

Actually, Rock never won it, Shamrock beat him in what was one of the best PPVs ever, as it was the same night of the legendary Taker vs Mankind HiaC match. And I definatly agree with you in that King of the Ring needs to stay. It's one of my favorite events every year, next to Survivor Series and Wrestlemania. And besides the 1995 KotR, in which Razor Ramon, HBK, and Undertaker where entered, this big sloppy freak Mabel, aka Vicera, comes and wins it all. Not only that, but Razor, Taker, and HBK where all taken out in the first damn round on the show! 1st, Razors injured, than HBK's DQed for going 2 minutes over the time limit, and finally, Taker is beat by Mabel's leg drop. TAKER! THE PHENOM, THE DEAD MAN, THE MAN WHO DESTROYED HULKAMANIA IN THE WWF FOR YEARS! Just rediculous. You see, all you folks that think the WWE is in abd shape now, just looked back to KotR 95 and thank god for guys like HHH and Paul Heyman protecting us from this kind of mess.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by GhostofSalvtore [/i]
[B]So ya got Rock vs Austin, HHH vs Lesnar, Hogan vs Vince, Jericho vs HBK, Booker vs Steiner, Rey vs Hardy. then a good tag team match, Dudleys, Storn and Regal, 3-Min, Los Guerreros, Team Angle, and Rhyno and Benoit. I am sure there will be some more to fit the 4 hour show, unless the big matches turn out to be longer, but I doubt that. So I say WWE end the extension, save yourself from a mediocre WMX9 and somehow maybe you can make people forget bout Angle vs Lesnar for now. [/B][/QUOTE]

That could turn out to be quite a PPV. Especially if they made that massive tag match a TLC. Could you imagine the chaos. It would be CRAZY. To bad it won't happen. I can almost guarantee that they'll keep the brand extension untill atleast Wrestlemania 20, which would make sense as they'll want to make it the biggest Wrestlemania ever. Oh well.

The best way I can think to solve this problem with Angle is to have him be DQ'd for Team Angle interfereing, Lesner goes on a rampage for being screwed again and destroyes Angle, explaining his injury, and causing the title to be void. This sets up Lesner vs. anyone the WWE wants for the title. My biggest hope would be to see Taker finally one up Lesner, after jobbing to him for 3 PPVs (Unforgiven, No Mercy, Royal Rumble). And what better way to do that than bring him back as the Phenom, the Dead Man, druids and all. I have long been a Taker fan, and if he went back to his old gimick, ever if only for one day, returned to ebing the man that threw Folly off of HiaC, the man who set his own brother on fire, that took on just about everyone in the business and won, It would make the whole show worth it. Not only would he continue his Wrestlemania streak, which is his only real clam to fame, as he never won KotR of thr Rumble, but they could finally let him mainevent a Wresltmania, which I don't think hes done for years, if ever. Well, thats my two cents, take it or leave it, but never EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEVER disrespect it.

[b]Outlaw, I don't want to have to warn you again. Use the EDIT button instead of double posting. --Elite.[/b]

I can't see the brand extension ending in a few weeks. Now that vince has decided to drop KOTR and replace it with a Raw only brand PPV and have 4 SD ppv's and 3 other Raw ppv's(then 4 together) I cant see the brand extension happening for along time. theres even a rumor that WWE will create another brand, and ECW brand and place all hardcore wrestlers in there, which is a great idea, because 1, RVD is NOT a tag team wrestler, and 2, people like dreamer and Rhyno need that hardcore element.

So the brand extension wont end for awhile. Now onto Wrestlemania. This is how I see it going down. I have an idea that maybe Goldberg will show up next week on Smackdown and jackhammer Angle to help Lesnar win, setting up a match at WM between the two. I see Booker T wining next week on Raw and will also win at WM. The Rock will face Stone Cold at WM. And I see a few other matchs that will go like this.
1. Goldberg vs. Lesnar- WWE Championship
2. Booker T vs. HHH- World Championship
3. Stone Cold vs. Rock
6. Vince vs. Hogan
4. Rey Mysterio vs. Matt Hardy- Cruiserweight Championship
5. Dudleys vs. RVD/Kane vs. Unamericans- TLC World Tag Team Championship
6. HBK vs. Y2J
7. Trish vs. Victoria vs. Jazz- Womens Championship
8. Los Guererros vs. Team Angle ???vs Benoit/Rhyno???- WWE Tag Team CHampionship
9.Taker vs A-train
10.???Nathan Jones vs. Big Show

Never Taker vs A-Train, I will have to boycott WMX if they do such a thing. it could be A-train vs Jones w/UT and Show as managers, since both are playing the manager role right now. And I doubt there will be a TLC match, but I hope I am wrong on that one cuz WMX9 as of now needs a TLC match. I would like to see the Goldberg thing happen but don't know if it will be so. The latest I did hear though is that its almost a done deal between he and the WWE, so maybe just bmaybe it could happen.

yeah i actually heard on wrestlezone.com that there was a radio broadcast that said it was already done, wwe is just keeping it secret. Also a member of GB's family was at a laker game and told an interviewer tha it was a done deal...But I just dont know if wwe is keeping it secret. Because they didnt keep steiner secret.....

[color=teal]I heard over a month ago about Goldberg headlining WMX9 with The Rock and also ending his career. A mate told me this and at first I just laughed at him, but now it does seem to be coming more and more into place. What I can't work out is how they are going to replace this with the Austin vs. Rock match? Also why would The Rock be stupid enough to put his career on the line at such a young age. Is he going to revolve he life around acting in movies now or something? I actually doubt his career will get ended and hope at the same time.

Smackdown has only just finished really over here in England, so I tend not to look at this thread until after both events are finished or it will get spoiled for me. It's quite annoying having to watch all the events late, but it's better than nothing.

I was a big fan of Rhyno and I'm glad to see him back! He put out some classic hardcore matches, although my favourites would have to be the 24/7 reign with Crash where he would be so paranoid of his Hardcore title and wrestlers would fight him absolutely anywhere to retrieve this wonder.

I reckon Lesnar will beat angle for the title this week on Smackdown, so then there can be a replacement at WMX9. I would like to see Rhyno face him, but I'm doubting this very much. I don't like to see matches where two fan favourites fight for the gold, but I would so be in to seeing the return of the Phenom too! How cool would that be? Benoit? Big Show? Nathan Jones? They are all suitable replacements but I think they will all have their hands full in another match-up. I think there has definetely got to be a big battle for the tag team titles. Maybe a 3-way elimination table match Storm and Regal vs. Dudleyz vs. 3 Minute Warning (you can assure Spike and Rico getting involved). Kane and RVD will have broken up and got their own little fued by then maybe. Team Angle may have to face the likes of Rhyno and Benoit again for their tag titles.

Ahh It's too late to think right now, maybe Rock will be in a triple threat match for the title against Booker T and HHH. Maybe Goldberg will face Brock. Maybe WWE will do some other quick signings, it's very confusing. Sting could be a good opponent even though it would never happen. Phenom vs. Brock would be my favourite. Batista could go against Steiner, but I have a weird feeling Steiner may join Evolution as he isnt really going anywhere in his career. What has happened to the Hardcore title, that really needs to come back into action. To get more superstars included in the biggest event of the year there should be a hardcore time limit match.

It would be so much easier if the brands were mixed again!!! Hardcore brand is bit stupid I'd say there would be so few in it. WMX9 could go terribly wrong, I'm very interested to know what's going to be happening in the next few weeks! :excited:[/color]

Um, yah, 1st Rock isn't ending is WWE career, he wants to be able to work both movies and WWE, he knows that w/o WWE he isn't much.

Rock will not be in a triple threat match, where would that leave Austin, so yah to that to.

Batista is injured.

And Goldberg vs Lesnar could be the only possiblity in it all.

[color=crimson]Hmmm I think it's Booker T's time to shine, I hope he beats HHH although he is a class act. I definetely want Austin to win the belt soon though, whenever he gets a title shot.

I miss RAW this week, but the Angle vs. Brock title match was a very cheap victory, which annoyed me, but that's how WWE is at times. Can I just ask something though if Angle is injured then why did he win this match or will he of recovered by Wrestlemania XIX?

Anything interesting happen on RAW?[/color]

Just Hurricane(or the Hamburgler as he is sometimes known) defeated the Rock.
and HHH degraded Booker T some more.
Also Kurt Angle is supposed to be in the match at WMX9 and that will be is last match for a year and there was key word WAS talk of retirement but that doesn't look to be happening.
Right now I am watching SD since there was a Mavs game on thursday.

I'm a little disappointed with the buildup to Wrestlemania thus far. Some feuds (i.e., McMahon/Hogan and HBK/Y2J) have been building for [i]months[/i].

Those programs, for example, have used personal issues to propel them--and that's good. The matches will seem more intense, the heat between the wrestlers will seem more real, and I'll actually care who wins.

But, with Wrestlemania closing in, talent like Rob Van Dam, Jeff Hardy and Kane are really hurting for respectable programs. Time is running out to build momentum for mid carders on the Raw brand. You can't sell a show on the same names forever. This will be the [i]third[/i] encounter between Steve Austin and The Rock at Wrestlemania. Who cares anymore?

SmackDown has been consistent with most of its roster. Rhyno returned only two weeks ago, and he's on the card in the tag title bout along with fresh faces like Team Angle. However, I'm not very interested in seeing The Undertaker team up with Nathan Jones to work with Albert and Big Show. The latter names shouldn't be getting anywhere [i]near[/i] Wrestlemania. Hopefully that match will be quick and painless. But, at least it gets Jones on the card.

On the whole, I hope that this week's upcoming shows balance out television time between the various programs efficiently. I don't want anymore fiasco's where stars are rushed into last minute programs with horrible buildup. The infamous shampoo angle between Booker T and Edge still gives me the shivers, lol.

I agree with you totally, the build up this year isnt just the same, except for a few matchs. I was hoping we would see a TLC match, but with Bubba hurt I doubt we will. I was thinking Dudleys vs. Unamericans vs. RVD/Kane, idk? I'm happy with most of the other matches though. Maybe this week the buildup will accelerate more.

I dont know what you guys think about this, but what would you guys think about us starting a clan, like the nwo or sumthing, just peopel that like WWE are in, we would rule!

psst, whata you guys think of my siggy!

TLC match woulda been great, and everything Charles said is what I say. I was hoping to see RVD in some nice feud that would be built up good. And some of the other matches seem to be just thrown in there to attract crowds. But I dunno I don't think all the matches can be all heated rivalries battling but at least somethin more on the RAW roster would be built up more.
What do you think the match of the night will be?

[color=crimson]A TLC match or even a Hardcore match would of been great! What happened to the Hardcore title, it's just like disappeared! :(

As for the best match I can't really think right now, but I think most tension will be revolved around the Hogan vs. Vince match-up. I will tell you my opinion of what will be the best match closer to Wrestlemania XIX, when all the feuds have hopefully been built-up!

I think your sig is pretty cool Schratn9, and I think the WWE fans in some sort of clan on OB would be a good idea. Like NWO or ECW/WCW Invasion. :D I'm up for it anyway ..[/color]

Dude nwo would kick. "You can call this the new world order of 'OtakuBoards' brother!"

Anyway, what do you guys think of this idea. A battle Royal at WM. Its the 1st match of the night and its for a new belt, like the us title or sumtin. Have all the mid-carders in it from both brands. The winner's brand gets the belt!

Believe me Goldberg WILLNOT have a match at Wrestlemania. Its way to far, theres only two weeks to go and there would'nt be enough build-up. But I could see him interfering in the Lesnar-Angle match, setting up Lesnar- GB at Backlash, which would be very cool.

Psst, does anyone else wana join the Nwo with me and BigCajones

[color=indigo]I mean I could imagine this happening, like the only way Stephanie could sign Goldberg for Smackdown is putting him in the title shot at WM, but I agree there would be no build-up!
I would like to see Goldberg and Lesnar face off, because in my mind they are both animals waiting to be unleashed out of there cage.

That's a cool group, but would we do anything special, because the NWO are known for causing trouble/corruption and so on.
What could we do without getting ourselves band lol?

Anyone else going to join first?[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by BigCajones [/i]
[B][color=indigo]I mean I could imagine this happening, like the only way Stephanie could sign Goldberg for Smackdown is putting him in the title shot at WM, but I agree there would be no build-up!
I would like to see Goldberg and Lesnar face off, because in my mind they are both animals waiting to be unleashed out of there cage.
[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

There will be no Goldberg match at Wrestlemania. His signing hasn't even been confirmed officially, yet. Besides, Kurt Angle has agreed to risk the match with Lesnar.

Moving on, I wasn't a big fan of last night's RAW. The Dudley angle was nice, and sets up a potential match for RVD and Kane at 'mania, but any Raw featuring a Maven/Rico and Triple H/Goldust match, is poor in my book. The main event was also terribly predictible.

[color=indigo]Yep, Raw sure was weak last night...the only high point was that the Rock got the upper hand on Austin. If Austin beats the Rock I am going to be livid.

As for Goldberg. I went onto the Goldberg site last night and it looks like nothing is planned for Wrestlemania...although he could make an appearence,you never know...[/color]

Well today it doesn't look like it will happen. I know the WWE hasnt reached a signiing yet but I thought it wa really close and it may be and it may not be, noone really knows.

As for last night's RAW, I did find that pretty disappointing, but I thought Goldust vs HHH was a good idea to heat up the Booker/HHH feud. And I thought that Goldust was out of his electicution and talking funny angle because he didn't start stuttering or whatever you call it till later.
(200 post, yay)