OtakuBoards

Trigun

Die

So, who do you side with?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. So, who do you side with?

• Idealistic Vash
    • Realistic Knives

I started watching and I thought Vash was a total idiot, I still do though he's an idiot with a good heart. I just don't love main characters. I do however love Wolfwood and Legato. Supporting characters rock! Plus I think their funny. Wolfwood especially but I swear trigun is the only anime in which the uber-cool-super-freak-villian would turn the screen pink when he first enters. Plus I don't care what anyone says some of the really scary things are funny to me. Like the Gung-HO-Guns, did you know that Ho is gun in japanese? That means it's Gung-gun-guns. Nightow is strange like that. And does anyone else notice how even in the serious episodes the kuronekos show up and nyao. Kuroneko-sama rocks. So does pink. And cheesecake. I'm gonna stop now.

Love, peace, eternal pain, and suffering,
Sunde

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest spike 23
I have to say i agree vash is thee most amusing characters ive seen in a long time OH YEAH
And also word up to all the plant lovers OH YEAH

• 3 weeks later...
If you go deeper than that, there's a great deal more to Trigun than any of this.

And theOtaku's Trigun essays are extremely flawed, factually, so I wouldn't trust them at all. IE, Vash and Knives aren't half plant (as in green leafy thing what photosynthesises) They're Plants, short for Power Plant - energy beings that are some form of genetically manipulated human.

In any case, there's more to Trigun religiously than in the Christian sense, although that is the major theme. Wolfwood represents humanity and its search for redemption. Vash is sort of the benevolent god/guardian angel, whereas Knives is a destroying angel. Legato represents sin (especially in the Catholic sense; Pride, Gluttony, and Envy...) and zealotry, of course. Looking at Legato's motivations from a Buddhist perspective is also very...interesting, to say the least! Midvalley, especially in the Manga, is Free Will and survival instinct.

The Princess of Pain has an excellent essay on Trigun v. Christianity on one of her websites, if you can find it.
[url]http://www.pop-productions.cjb.net[/url]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by genkai [/i]
[B]There's religious parts in almost all anime................... Well, more often then not, but normally not in kids' anime....

'But yeah, I agree that there are some religious parts in it. [/B][/QUOTE]

I've noticed the samething. In fact I think everone's noticed minor references or symbolism toward religious matters in Anime.

Guest TLOL_Vash
well...angel arm is related to the fact or so ive been told, that there is an engraving on the revolvers saying Angel something, maybe also to do with the fact Rem said knives and vash where angels

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Watinabe
I messed up on the title of this thread I meant TriGun on adult swim :( But any way I wonder if the dubbing well be bad have any of you heard it?:demon:

Ive heard the dubbing on Trigun and I think it is really quite good ^_^

I saw it in English first (I was feeling lazy that day) and watched it all like that, but seeing the Japanese I think that it (Japanese) is better. Still, there are some jokes that work a little better in the English and some that work better in Japanese.

Guest Watinabe
I only have a tape with three episodes just a taste that got me way into this series so I'm frustrated to^_^

WELL...I've got all the Triguns, so I really don't care when it comes to the T.V though my friend might....BUT! I think I like the japanese version better than the english. Vash sounds like a girl in english. :laugh:

[color=teal]EDIT:[/color] To ANIME_FREAK:

I'm sure you know that there are only thirteen episodes to the series and on the last episode it leaves many unanswered questions. I think there will be an OAV because, it even shows previews for some kind of movie thing on the first DVD...I think...
If there are continuing the thing they better get to it!!!:flaming:

[color=teal]EDIT AGAIN:[/color] IT'S STARTING MONDAY 31st AT 12:00 a.m. DON'T MISS IT! WHEEE! ::runs into a wall with all her excitedness:::D

[color=teal]Combined posts. -Syk3[/color]

[font=trebuchet ms][color=darkblue]Heh, I was just going to make a thread about this.

12:00 a.m. ET on Cartoon Network. I haven't gotten the box set, because it's too expensive. I'm glad Cartoon Network will show [I]Trigun[/I], despite the predictable and mandatory editing it will receive.[/color][/font]

They had better not edit it!
Not that it would make much difference to me, seeing as Im sitting here in Britain....but it will make its way here.......right?

[color=teal]*EDIT:[/color][QUOTE][i]Originally posted by kuro_faguero [/i]
[B]To ANIME_FREAK:

I'm sure you know that there are only thirteen episodes to the series and on the last episode it leaves many unanswered questions. I think there will be an OAV because, it even shows previews for some kind of movie thing on the first DVD...I think...
If there are continuing the thing they better get to it!!!:flaming: [/B][/QUOTE]

You may be pleased (or not) to know there are in fact 26 episodes to Trigun, (and an on going manga that hasnt yet reached a conclusion)even so they dont answer all the questions. Dont know if they will show the first thirteen then make you wait a while before showing the second set.

As for a movie, there has been no word at all on. I dont think there are any follow ups to Trigun being planned any time soon.

[color=teal]*Merged posts after merging threads. -Syk3[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Watinabe [/i]
[B]I messed up on the title of this thread I meant TriGun on adult swim :( But any way I wonder if the dubbing well be bad have any of you heard it?:demon: [/B][/QUOTE]
I have the dubbed Trigun on DVD, and it's done very well. In fact, I think all these dubbing complaints come from people who have seen both versions of Dragonball Z and stuff. Things like Trigun and Cowboy Bebop are practically identical. Can't say how much they will edit it for CN, though. See, the thing people don't understand is that sometimes there is a different between dubbing, and editing. A company dubs it very well, and then Cartoon Network may edit it a bit so that they can put it on their line-up.
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by kuro_faguero [/i]
[B]WELL...I've got all the Triguns, so I really don't care when it comes to the T.V though my friend might....BUT! I think I like the japanese version better than the english. Vash sounds like a girl in english. :laugh:

[color=teal]EDIT:[/color] To ANIME_FREAK:

If there are continuing the thing they better get to it!!!:flaming:

[color=teal]EDIT AGAIN:[/color] IT'S STARTING MONDAY 31st AT 12:00 a.m. DON'T MISS IT! WHEEE! ::runs into a wall with all her excitedness:::D

[color=teal]Combined posts. -Syk3[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]
Please do [i]not[/i] double post. This last edit may not have been successive, but it was from an entirely new thread that you made, which was uncalled for. Please get your act together.
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by kuro_faguero [/i]
[B]To ANIME_FREAK:

If there are continuing the thing they better get to it!!!:flaming:[/B][/QUOTE]
Please, we don't need to tie up space because of something someone has written in their signature. If you wish to discuss it, please do so via PM or instant messenger.
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Cyke [/i]
[B][font=trebuchet ms][color=darkblue]I haven't gotten the box set, because it's too expensive.[/color][/font] [/B][/QUOTE]
Well, I know places that sell it for $35; is that the price that you were refferring to? If so, that's a pretty good deal for a 26-episode series. If not, PM me to get the site URL you can buy it from.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Plant_Angel [/i]
[B]They had better not edit it!
Not that it would make much difference to me, seeing as Im sitting here in Britain....but it will make its way here.......right?

[color=teal]*EDIT:[/color]

You may be pleased (or not) to know there are in fact 26 episodes to Trigun, (and an on going manga that hasnt yet reached a conclusion)even so they dont answer all the questions. Dont know if they will show the first thirteen then make you wait a while before showing the second set.

As for a movie, there has been no word at all on. I dont think there are any follow ups to Trigun being planned any time soon.

[color=teal]*Merged posts after merging threads. -Syk3[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

No, no... I wasn't talking about Trigun. I was talking about another anime that has vampires in it. It's called Hellsing. Imagine Vash with vampire teeth and a bad-*** attitude.

Guest Watinabe
I think if I like the anime even more after seeing it on adault swim I'll sure be looking for the boxed set:) and I hope they have a movie too. Hey whats up with the giant light bulbs?^_^it was in the episode with that assassin with the blades on his knees and elbows that was pretty cool*

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Plant_Angel [/i]
[B]Oh, sorry! I get carried away ^__^

But even so.....a Trigun movie wouldnt be a bad thing! *looks to sky and prays* [/B][/QUOTE]
o.o Stop looking at me! I told you, my name is Syk, not sky.

I think it would be good to have a Trigun movie, since they left some open things unanswered. By reading between the lines, some of us may have found out, but others would like to know what species Vash and Knives are, how that one guy got his evil powers, or even what happens to Vash and Knives. All interesting stuff that the movie could add.

Is there really that much they can edit on Trigun, other than some of the cursing and Vash's arse?

It's pretty tame, when you think about it...

Then again, I just watched "The End of Evangelion" again. Please feel free to doubt my judgement accordingly...:D