OtakuBoards

Soul Calibur II

Sephiroth

I played it the day it came out. My best friend bought it, and now thats a big chunk of what we do at his house. Spawn's fun, but Raphael is good too. I like how Assasin is Huang from the first one. Necrid is insane, and ...I could go on and on and on. All the characters are awesome.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea I couldnt wait to get that game. Spawn is my favorite comic character and im glad we got him hehehe. i like mitsurugu..dunno how to spell it haha but hes to the left of spawn. i have beaten weapon master but have yet to beat arcade with all charactrers and open weapon master. alot to do in the game:)

I played the X Box version at one of my freinds house, (i own a PS2) and i quite frankly loved it. I can't wait to get he cash to buy the PS2 version. Oh, and if you havn't played the X Box version, all i have to say is that Spawn can fight really well. I loved the game and its now my top priority to get it on PS2. I appreciate how they gave each console there own special feature. With Spawn on XB, Heihihachi on PS2, and Link on GC. Its awsome.

Then dont use necrid's weapons. I beat it on Extra Arcade last night, with Necrid. Course, I had all of his weapons, because i'm insane. The legendary one is good. You just have to play around with him before you figure out how to use him.

The only real way to beat weapon master, is to get all the weapons. Yes, you can beat all the missions, and thats the flat out def. of beating it. However, I dont think you can truly beat the game, on any level, until you have explored every opportunity to unlock everything. The "joke" weapons are hilarious. Tamborines for voldo?!? come on now...

I have just unlocked everything in the game. I am lvl 78. one kill to lvl 79! I am an Edgemaster of Gorgon.

I forget who said they cant use Berserker and Lizardman but I'm gonna correct you. You CAN use them. You just need to be good enough to get that far:P

Also. I have a question. Who is SiegFried in this game!!!?? I played him in the arcade version of SC 1 but i dont see him in this game... unless he is Mitsurugu. cause he reminds me of him..

Also Whuang or w/e lol. Whos he??? anyway post back ok please?

Thanks!

[spoiler]Siegfried has been posesed by the Soul Edge and transformed by the soul edge, If you've unlocked everything then you would know that. Hwang isn't here he's off defending his country or something. Assassin plays like him. and I think he was replaced by Yunsung.[/spoiler]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Xyandar [/i]
[B]I HAVE unlocked everything. It shows in the records. So dont say im lyin lol

I have only played SC1 on arcade. Is SiegFried Nightmare? I have a feeling he is lol. [/B][/QUOTE]

[spoiler]yes Siegfried is Nightmare[/spoiler], thats in Nightmare's profile...did you even bother reading it before asking questions? many questions can be awnsered by the game, also I'm pretty sure that people have stated that [spoiler]nightmare is siegfried transformed by the soul edge[/spoiler] questions can also be awnsered by reading other people's posts.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by aj142 [/i]
[B]Sepiroth, are you or will you be in any SC2 tournaments? [/B][/QUOTE]

I already have been in a few SC2 tournaments, and I am attending Absolution 2003 in December to enter Tekken 4, Tekken Tag, Virtua Fighter 4 Evo, Street Fighter 3rd Strike, and Soul Calibur 2.

I have been to dozens of Tekken tournaments, I am rated no.2 in the UK on Tekken 4 and around 4th or 5th in Europe

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by AzureWolf [/i]
[B]Sephiroth, yes, you certainly seem to be the tournament goer. How do you go about finding and applying to these official tournaments? I'd love to go since local tournies seem to promise that I would get far (yeah, I don't win them all). [/B][/QUOTE]

Internet of course

For Soul Calibur go to [url]www.soulcalibur.com[/url] and go to the forums

For Tekken go to [url]www.tekkenzaibatsu.com[/url] and go to forums

For Street Fighter go to [url]www.shoryuken.com[/url] and go to forums

For Virtua Fighter go to [url]www.virtuafighter.com[/url] and go to forums

Awesome. Thanks Sephiroth. I'm going to [B]try[/B] and go to the Oct. 12 tournament in Dunellen, NJ. I really want to see how good my skills really are. And I especially want to know if the theory of "A limited challenge produces limited skill" is true. Haha, if I do make it, I'll be sure to tell everyone the results - good or bad.

Sephiroth, one more question: do you need to be in the guild that made the tournament to enter the tournament, or can you just go and sign up on the day of the tourney? I hope it's the latter... :)

In any case, as we hinted in this thread before, has anyone noticed the overuse of Nightmare?

[B]Awesome. Thanks Sephiroth. I'm going to [B]try[/B] and go to the Oct. 12 tournament in Dunellen, NJ. I really want to see how good my skills really are. And I especially want to know if the theory of "A limited challenge produces limited skill" is true. Haha, if I do make it, I'll be sure to tell everyone the results - good or bad.
[/B][/QUOTE]

Two thing's I will say....

1) You will be very, VERY surprised with the high level of play of the top players, lol (that's assuming if they say on the site if they are attending the tournament)

2) That saying is very true in fact, when I first thought I was good I wanted to see how good by going online and seeing if there's any tournaments about, sure enough I found a tournament attended by "the best Tekken players in Europe" on TZ, so I just thought "Why not go and kick their asses and show them who's number 1"............unfortunately thing's didn't go that way at all, lol, their level of skill was so high it took me about a year of intense training and battling with top players to reach their level.

[B]
Sephiroth, one more question: do you need to be in the guild that made the tournament to enter the tournament, or can you just go and sign up on the day of the tourney? I hope it's the latter... :)
[/B][/QUOTE]

Normally you have to post on the forum to say you are attending to kind of "sign up", but sometimes they let you sign up on the day as long as you do it before the tournament starts so they can fit you in somewhere

[B]
In any case, as we hinted in this thread before, has anyone noticed the overuse of Nightmare? [/B][/QUOTE]

Overuse of Nightmare? hmmm, there's very few Nightmare player's in the UK at top level, I use him but not to a high standard, I dunno what it's like over where you are though

Word of advice, you will get your *** handed to you on the first big tournament you attend, lol, but that's to be expected since we all gotta start somewhere right? With practice and experience you will improve :smooch:

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Razzamataz [/i]
[B]yes Siegfried is Nightmare, thats in Nightmare's profile...did you even bother reading it before asking questions? many questions can be awnsered by the game, also I'm pretty sure that people have stated that nightmare is siegfried transformed by the soul edge questions can also be awnsered by reading other people's posts. [/B][/QUOTE]

Lol! [I]Sorry[/I] if I am not as smart as other people. Yes i did bother reading it but i never noticed until i actually thought about it...

I rented the game on Thursday, and I have been throwing away computer time and spending that on video games. [i]That[/i] is a rarity in my case.

I once thought I knew what a fighter game was-- But the only experience I have had with the genre before SCII is Super Smash Brothers. And it is nothing at all like Soul Calibur. I have had the revalation that SSB was not a true fighter, but a party game.

This game is quite possibly the best Gamecube game I have EVER played. The characters are all so individual and balanced (With their own weaknesses) and it has substance and plot. The characters all have background stories, and the destined battles are always fun. I never would have expected [spoiler]Ivy was Cervantes's daughter.[/spoiler] Weapon Master Mode's story got a little mediocre about halfway through, however, so I found myself not even reading the four or five paragraphs at the beginning of each match.

I find that I am best with Kilik, though I am decent with Taki and Cervantes as well. The Kali-yuga user has such a wide range and blocks quite efficiently. And I can't forget Voldo either. If I can get into the blind stance and use once or twice I am pretty awesome, in my own right.

I thought that I may challenge someone at the arcade the other day to a game, however everyone there was so amazing at it wasn't logical for me to even play them.

Well, I have to return it tomorrow, so I must wait until I can buy the game for me to get any more of this amazing sequel.

Other than graphic-wise, did Soul Calibur I really compare to II at all?

[quote]Other than graphic-wise, did Soul Calibur I really compare to II at all?[/quote] Let's put it this way: many (MANY) people consider SCII to be only a patch to Soul Caliber. Even graphically, there is very little separating the two games - unless you are talking about the arcade versions.

Who are these many people you speak of?

It's funny because the opinion of the people whoi really play the game properly and myself do not think SC1 and SC2 are alike, same battle system yes, but so much has changed regarding move properties, frame data, etc. that we class it as a true sequel

Notice I did not even mention anything about graphics :P

List of people I hate:

[B]*[/B]Sephiroth, for being right ("You will be very, VERY surprised with the high level of play of the top players, lol (that's assuming if they say on the site if they are attending the tournament)")

[B]*[/B]Sephiroth, for being right again ("Word of advice, you will get your *** handed to you on the first big tournament you attend, lol, but that's to be expected since we all gotta start somewhere right? With practice and experience you will improve")

[B]*[/B]That jerk heading the tournament, whom I've dubbed "Bill," for his inconsiderate behavior

I was truly impressed with the players' capacity, which I'm hesitant to call skill, since it was more of a "caching memory thing" than reflexes. In a word, these players were all awesome. I was stunned that they had memorized [B]every[/B] move for [B]every[/B] character! We aren't just talking about one or two people: we are talking about [I]every single freakin' contestant[/I]! It creates a completely different environment, and therefore, demands different types of strategies that were just not in my league. I managed to save some face, but ultimately, I made 17/25 :o

I'll admit, in my first match, I was the epitome of a wuss: I froze and forgot every move (except for the basics). The other two, however, I gave my all and came up short. Yeah, so my tournament record is basically [I]1 win, 2 losses[/I] :blush:

I still don't understand why some characters are banned. To me, the particular selection of characters made it seem that these hardcore gamers did not want to bother memorizing the new characters that were added to the console version, so they just banned them to make things easier for themselves (I'm not talking about just the three exclusive characters). [quote]Who are these many people you speak of?[/quote] Well, the players in my city, and most of them just feel that way. And, in the case of Nightmare, I can now say he is overused not only in my city, but in the tournament as well. So there. :p

Wow, I wonder why there are so many Nightmare player's, in the UK there are only 2, and I'm one of them, lol.

Oh yeah, and the reason those characters are banned is because they are overpowered.

Heihachi for example, an even faster (and easier) wavedash and a special-mid hitting EWGF? No thank you, not in tournaments! :mad:

Hey guys not to toot my own horn but i am a master at a chracter that people have no idea what to do or counter with since he<---(hint) is underrated.....And that character is MAXI.I belive that he is the most fluid chracter in the game.Meaning his moves come naturally in his fighting stance.hopping up and down side to side what have you.I played a tourny with no banned chracters and of course you had your nightmare/siegfried,Cervantes and so on but when pitted agaisnt me they were surprised and underestimated me.Yea the lvl of skill is up there.But agiasnt me it was pie.Im gonna try and master link.i think hes way cool.By the way it took me years at least two to master maxi finding his weaks and strengths agaisnt certain chracters.My friend has done the same with kilik.

Well Stryder, enter a tournament on soulcalibur.com and get a decent ranking, only then will I acknowledge this skill you speak of as I've heard people say the same thing you just did many times before in the past and not get anywhere when it finally came down to it.

I hate a lot of Maxi player's because they just mash buttons which happen to combine a lot of strings together, and makes people think they have "mastered" a character.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest nut job
I may not be the best player, but I am so physed about this game. Unfortunately, I cant play it much because of my social life, school, tkd lessons, and music lessons. But hey, I'm not that bad either. In Puerto Rico, in the arcade game when it first came, I was the first person to actually pass the game. :D

I usually use either Taki, Xiangshua {spl?} or Seung Mina. I really like the Weapon's demonstration for Kilik though. Man, too bad I suck with him.