OtakuBoards

Songs and Bands You're Embarrassed to Like?

Semjaza

[color=hotpink][size=1]I have the Powerman 5000 CD "Tonight the Stars Revolt" (at least, I think that's what it's called?) and I can safely say that I haven't listened to that CD in well over year. It's fun to pop in every now and then, though. I like that the album had an overall theme to it.[/color][/size]

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[size=1][QUOTE][i]Originally posted by lea2385 [/i]
[B]hmm..i never heard korean music before
but, i have heard chinese (ever hear of she? really good ^_^ )
and i heard alot of j-pop..
but, never korean (i think it would be interesting to hear) [/B][/QUOTE]

K-Pop and J-Pop are actually very similiar in my opinion. It's just that J-Pop gets more attention because of the anime fans.[/size]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Queen Asuka [/i]
[B][color=hotpink][size=1]I have the Powerman 5000 CD "Tonight the Stars Revolt" (at least, I think that's what it's called?) and I can safely say that I haven't listened to that CD in well over year. It's fun to pop in every now and then, though. I like that the album had an overall theme to it.[/color][/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

[size=1] That has that one "This is what it's like when worlds collide..." song with that lyric in it. I can just hear it in my head, I know it so well. I like that song.

Supposedly their somewhat new album, [i]Transform[/i], isn't good...but I believe they just released another, it looks decent.[/size]

Phish and grateful dead.

Both bands are cliched, over and under-rated by respective groups of fans/haters.

Most important though, if I am asked and I acknowledge these bands as part of my music library, I will usually be stereotyped.

Oh well, everyone has got there problems, and if this is the worst of mine, than my life must be nice. (this is not the worst of my problems)

Oh yeah... dave mathews band.

I hate all the yuppie frat boys and college girls, but I actually really like alot of the music. especially under the table and dreaming.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Dagger IX1 [/i]
[B]EDIT: Rammstein is amazing.

~Dagger~ [/B][/QUOTE]

:D I love them, Links 2,3,4... quite possibly the best song I've heard in a long time (Which proves you don't have to understand a song to like it, it helps tho...)

I recently made a little mix using Links for a college project.

Everyone seems to think that my obsession with game music, (namely Final Fantasy) is sad, as is my love of J-pop. I disagree,

My fave two songs of all time? Koigokoro and (I think) Yumemiru Shoujo ga Irarenai (if I got that wrong, tell me) I don't have a clue what they mean but they really get my creativeness going. OtakuSennen, I know how you feel. My sister thinks I'm totally sad, most of my friends can now insult someone in Japanese (I read fanfiction, so sue me) Me? I'd love to try a little cosplay... Wanna know what's really annoying, there's a guy in the year below me at my college, he's goin to Japan in two years... anime fans always seem to pass my course, maybe it's something to do with most of the Otaku's in Tameside being completely nuts. (My tutor decided I qualified for the course on that very point) :D

And break, have you heard 'Heavan, by DJ Sammy, I like that one.

OOOOOH! Dj Otzi! *sings* Heeeey! He-ey Bayby! Oo! Aa! I wanna kn-o-o-w, if you'll be my giiiirl! *sweatdrops* heh heh, that drove eberyone mad for about two months a couple of summers ago. The actions were... how shall I phrase this... interesting...

Anyone here like Black Eyed Peas..? 'Where is the love?' is a great song...

Dammit! Now I got it stuck in my head! GAH! :D

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by lea2385 [/i]
[B]hmm..i never heard korean music before
but, i have heard chinese (ever hear of she? really good ^_^ )
and i heard alot of j-pop..
but, never korean (i think it would be interesting to hear) [/B][/QUOTE]

I've heard of Korean music because my best friend is korean and so is my other friend. One time my friend's mom was watching this Korean music concert...I liked it. (oh god my friend is gonna kill the crap outta me now)
Well to the topic, I'm embarrassed to like these songs from funny websites which are quite disturbing, especially the baby ones. (parody of Dirrty by Christina Aguilera, I literally choked eating pizza). OOH I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE WHO LIKES THE MENTOS SONG!!!! :) :) :)

Anyone remember Bwitched? I'm not exactly embarrassed to say that I like them, but their music is all right. I listen to their CD every now and then. It's just hard to talk about them with others when no one knows who they are or they don't like their music. Sadly, I have BOTH of their CDs. I don't know if they came out with anymore. Probably did.

I've expanded of an unusual range of musical genres in the past few years. Last year I fell in love with the Romantics. By that I mean the Romantic Period in Classical music (Rachmaninov was my favourite).

This was a source of some embarrasment as many of my friends would never even bother to try listening to them in the first place. I did have one friend who liked similar styles at the time, but he unfortunately moved.

Now I've sort of found myself listening to what I call "media" music. It includes background music for mediums such as film, television and other forms of multimedia. I suppose the attraction to such a genre is how it can affect what mood I'm in. Also, I admire composers who can represent a subject matter with great finese through music.

Some of my current favourites include music from the Humongous Entertainment computer games (these are great for listening to when going to sleep), Monkey Island III & IV, Yoko Kanno and some pieces by Bruce Faulconer (Evil Buu and Super Buu).

I recently told my friend that moved about my new taste in music and he couldn't believe how much I'd changed.

Guest Magical Girl
[color=blue][font=comic sans ms]oooh boy.. here we go.. (umm, but i'll listen to a lotta different stuff)

- i love a lotta Christina Aguleira (can't spell.. x.x)'s new songs like The Voice Within and Can't Hold Us Down (i hated Dirrty though)
- Simple Plan - I Won't Be There. i listen to (and sing XD) that song waay too much O_O
- 50 Cent. my family gives me all kinds of grief for this one but i don't care XD
- Fountains of Wayne - Stacy's Mom. don't ask.. just don't..
- oh, and i used to (and still do kinda ^^;; ) love BBMak.. o.o

umm i'll just stop there for now ^^;; long list from me x.x[/font][/color]

[COLOR=#503F86]Christina Aguilera pops up quite a lot in this... but I really like her song that's on the first Pokemon Movie soundtrack (which in itself is an embarrassing CD to own- I actually have four Pokemon song collection CDs, and there are various tracks from all of them that I like, heh).

I bought two Steps singles some while ago... I can't think that there's too much else that's incriminating.[/COLOR]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Kent [/i]
[B]Phish and grateful dead.

Both bands are cliched, over and under-rated by respective groups of fans/haters.

[/B][/QUOTE]

[color=indigo]Do I ever agree with this statement! I am a huge fan of the Grateful Dead, and I have most of their studio albums, and a couple live performance albums. For some reason people that hate the band think they symbolize diabolical, satanic, drug practices, when, in reality, they are big "love/peace/smoke a little grass if it makes ya happy" advocates. Fans, however, tend to have an exclusive snobbiness if you don?t own every single ?Dick?s Picks? album as well as the fifteen different covers of Grateful Dead?s American Beauty vinyl. Look I like the band, but I don?t need thirty slightly different versions of ?Uncle John?s Band? the studio version is perfectly fine?[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Magical Girl [/i]
[B][color=blue][font=comic sans ms]oooh boy.. here we go.. (umm, but i'll listen to a lotta different stuff)

- i love a lotta Christina Aguleira (can't spell.. x.x)'s new songs like The Voice Within and Can't Hold Us Down (i hated Dirrty though)
- Simple Plan - I Won't Be There. i listen to (and sing XD) that song waay too much O_O
- 50 Cent. my family gives me all kinds of grief for this one but i don't care XD
- Fountains of Wayne - Stacy's Mom. don't ask.. just don't..
- oh, and i used to (and still do kinda ^^;; ) love BBMak.. o.o

umm i'll just stop there for now ^^;; long list from me x.x[/font][/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

Why are you embarassed to like Christina Aguilera, Simple Plan, and 50 Cent? Their some favorites of mine.
Though I like Christina Aguilera, I hate her image. One moment she's a blonde in a Spanish Magazine and next minute she has dyed her hair black. (Agreeing with Rockstar Haruko)
Simple Plan Addicted is my favorite one. Oh man now it's stuck in my head!! Oh well, at least it's a good song.

BELLE PEREZ - HELLO WORLD IS SUCH A GOOD SONG!!!!! AGGGH!

I doubt any of you have heard it, but if you have, you're laughing at me right now. But it's so good.

Also, I love Eve's music. Though I am kinda embarrased when friends find "Gangsta B*****s" on my computer.

No, no, no, no, no.... Swing Swing by the American Rejects! I love that song!!! Most of my friends look at me like, 'how can you like that?' I can't help it! And I don't usually like new punk bands, (I think that's what you call them. Correct me if I'm wrong.) but they're an exception! I wouldn't buy their CD though. *shrugs*

OMG someone else remembers hello world!!!!!!!!
Hello world, this is me! Hello world! Man she had cool hair. I definetly remember her. she came out around the same time as Venga Boys.

The Venga bus is comin and everybodys jumpin'

or

My heart goes sha la la la la. sha la la in the morning. sha la la la la. sha la la just for you.

I listen to some pretty heavy stuff, so it freaks some people out i like some pop and dance music.
The walls on my room used to be divided, one side for the backstreet boys, one side for coal chamber and death and goth music.

I have always liked them, i also like kylie minogue a bit.

I also just adore savage garden, i hate people who say they only like a certain type of music. They lie more than likely.

That doesn't leave this forum! I repeat, this doesn't leave this forum.

I have just risked all of my board credability, i wouldn't be surprised if this post got me banned.

Guest otakudragon
LOL I love it... awesome thread!

What was that Backstreet Boys song... 'I Want It That Way' I think it is...
*sings* Tell me whyyyy ain't nothin but a heeeeaaartaaaache, tell me whyyy, ain't nothin but a missstaaaake, tell me whyy I never want to hear you saaaayyy I waaaaant it thaaaat way...
There's a few more on that CD I thought were *coughcough* catchy...

'The Last Unicorn' - America. C'mon folks, you remember that movie don't ya?? I love that whole sdtrk

'Take it on the Run' and 'Keep on Lovin You' - REO Speedwagon

'Summer of 69' and 'Heaven' - Bryan frickin Adams, dude

'Change the World' the Inuyasha intro. one I try to sing along with
There are so many 'toon themes I like, I've made like, 7 mixed toon theme CDs, and there ARE some Sailor Moon songs on them, lots of DBZ, GW, Zelda... oh man, get me singin Heart of Sword by TM Revolution and the rest is history. I'll grab my lyric sheet and go to town tryin to sing along.

There's an Enrique Iglesias song I like, it's a few yrs old and I can't remember the name of it for the life of me, when it hits me I'll let ya know...

I like so much cheesey 80's music it would take an eternity to list them all.

'Mickie' by Toni Basil is one of my alllll time favs.

And I love that Savage Garden song... 'Truly Madly Deeply' AWWWWWWWWW so touching *sob sob*

Ok ok enough for me :)