OtakuBoards

Gravitation Manga

Dagger

I just got done reading volume two in the manga books. OMGOSH I started to freak out at track 7. IT WAS DISGRACEFUL!!! But I read past volume two but I was missing that volume and I just knew that. Well in my eyes anyway. Soooooo anyway I have a quick small question... what are the OVA episodes 1 and 2 about? There is only two episodes and I never saw them, I know a concert and Mr. K are in it but that's all. :animeswea Soooo hows everyone today? :catgirl:

Guest ~Unichu~
Gravitation.....its my favorite manga :catgirl: .......its so cool and the creator wasn't afraid to make her character gay :catgirl: ............in which was very brave!
in acount that alot of people dislike mangas like Gravitation :animesigh
BUT I LUV IT :animenose

• 2 weeks later...
I have a quick question dealing with the Gravitation manga, with the anime show... there is an OVA deal, what volume in the manga deals with the OVA? I'm so confushed at this moment, o.O :animestun :animeknow :animestun I was trying to find out on the internet but it comes up different. I hope some people can help me since i'm dieing to know because my one friend said it was funny, and I love funny shows and all XD. Well thanks a bunch, ^_^

[color=darkblue][size=1]Well, since OVA is the acronym for Original Video Animation, it may be the case where it doesn't have a part in the manga or anime, though that usually means that it took place somewhere in the original timeline, probably between certain chapters.

From what I've heard of Lyrics of Love (the OVA), I would think that it takes place after the manga, maybe sometime during Gravitation 2.[/color][/size]

[quote name='BloodRainShadow'] I think the show is so much better because the manga shows Shuchi looking so much older and HE NEVER HAD A SISTER!!![/quote]

I don't follow your logic. How does Shu looking older and not having a sister merit the anime being better than the manga?

I personally love the manga a bajillion times more than the anime, mainly because I don't have to deal with the atrocious dub or read subtitles. Plus, the manga has all of Murakami's charm and humor intact. I also prefer the art (if you get past the first few volumes).

That being said, if I had a dime for every translation error Tokyopop made, I'd be a very rich man. Which is saying something, considering I'm a woman. o_O I don't get it either.

• 3 weeks later...
I believe IMO that the manga is always better than the anime. For a few reasons.

A. They usally go into deeper Detail.

B. Show detail and usally longer.

C. Alot cheaper than DVDS ;-)

However with some shows. The anime clearly pwnz the manga.
Ex. DNA^2

[COLOR=DarkGreen]I'm a fan of Gravitation as I really liked the anime. Obviously I want to read the manga too, as it's the original story and is more in depth. However I've been hearing a lot of bad comments about TokyoPop's translation and I don't want to read something that takes away from the original story. If I could I'd prefer to read the raw but theres no japanese manga sold near me so I can't get it right now. I guess what I'm asking is, is the translation really that bad or is it worth getting so I can read it now? XD[/COLOR]

[quote name='Suzuhiko][COLOR=DarkGreen']I'm a fan of Gravitation as I really liked the anime. Obviously I want to read the manga too, as it's the original story and is more in depth. However I've been hearing a lot of bad comments about TokyoPop's translation and I don't want to read something that takes away from the original story. If I could I'd prefer to read the raw but theres no japanese manga sold near me so I can't get it right now. I guess what I'm asking is, is the translation really that bad or is it worth getting so I can read it now? XD[/COLOR][/quote]

Oh, I'd definitely still get it. I mean, the translation's not that bad- just the occasional using the wrong character's names or poor grammar which is forgivable, and pop culture allusions that just don't translate well to English, which is expected in a series about music. The first few volumes may be a little rusty, but you can definitely feel Maki Murakami mature as an artist as the series progresses. It's the snowball effect. It started out as something really small and forgettable, and by the midpoint you'll be hooked.

Be warned, though- the manga is a touch more mature than the anime. Viewer discretion is advised, or something. ^^

• 5 months later...
Tokyopop has solicited the first volume of [url=http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827/catalogmgr/HG5jFBGUPsohxXA7Jn/browse/item/72191/4/0/0][u]Gravitation EX[/u][/url], which picks up where the original series left off. It's due out on February 13. Be careful with the link, since that page contains spoilers.

(Gunbuster and Gravitation 2 in the same month... 2007 is going to be a great year!)

~Dagger~

The book Gravitation Voice of temptation shows Shuichi and yuki engaged in the act. Not sex just kissing and [spoiler]ball[/spoiler] grabbing. Shuichi has a childish complex. Reminds me of myself. Old but short and kiddish.

I want to get the manga. Walden books has volume 1-13. Don't know if it's the yaoi version or shounen-ai. Probably shounene-ai because it has an Older teen rating.