OtakuBoards

OtakuBoards: Enter the Net [PG]

Solo Tremaine

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah, if only there were such a place as that Nintendo forum...if only...

Predictably, I broke out into a massive grin when I read that...sounds like something I'd do, anyway lol. Hell, I already wake up early in the morning; an awesome Nintendo Lounge like that would just give me more incentive to wake up really, really early in the morning :toothy:

This chapter was just as good as, if not a bit better, than the last two. Now we're finally getting into the story a bit, heh. Very action packed stuff, Solo...darn those n00bs! lol

And, is it just me, or does anyone else besides Charles know what cookied bizatch would look like? o_O;

[i]PoisonTongue?s got about forty hypnotised by his arguments in the Otaku Lounge[/i]

[font=arial][color=336600]That's my vote for funniest line. Heh.

Solo, I hate to bother you, but can you give me a quick list of staff avatars? I'm getting them a bit muddled.

Mmm, heh. Funny funny stuff.[/font][/color]

[color=#707875]Fantastic chapter, Solo. I liked your representation of the n00bies. You were frighteningly realistic there.

I also liked your solution to the problem. If only we could lock problem members in giant rooms and then make the doors disappear...*sighs*[/color]

[color=hotpink][size=1]The smiley thing was great. Smilies can get QUITE scary sometimes. But yes, fun times. I love the way you play my character out. It is perfect. ^_^ Queen Asuka WOULD linger in her bed, I tell you that. Happens every morning. (I'm still the Chi! WHOO!)

Otaku Prom sounds like it's going to be my favorite chapter by FAR! ^_______^ I love stuff like that. And I like the humor, too, but seriousness would be funny, too, if you know what I mean.[/color][/size]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Molleta [/i]
[B]*hangs head as a newbie*[/B][/QUOTE]
[COLOR=#503F86]There is a difference between a n00b and a Newbie, though. n00bs are the infesting creatures, Newbies *points* are fine, just new ^_^[/COLOR]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Queen Asuka [/i]
[B][color=hotpink][size=1]Otaku Prom sounds like it's going to be my favorite chapter by FAR! ^_______^ I love stuff like that. And I like the humor, too, but seriousness would be funny, too, if you know what I mean.[/color][/size][/B][/QUOTE]
[COLOR=#503F86]I think I get what you mean ^_^; There should hopefully be some more action and love-based chapters if I can figure out how to fit them in, but generally for those to work I need an arc, and writing developing storylines can be somewhat troublesome for me. But I'll see what I can do ^_^[/COLOR]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sara [/i]
[font=arial][color=336600][b]Solo, I hate to bother you, but can you give me a quick list of staff avatars? I'm getting them a bit muddled.[/font][/color][/B][/QUOTE]
[COLOR=#503F86]Ah, it's no bother ^_^ It'd help me to gather people's preferred appearance anyway. But you're quite right to be muddled- not that that was the intention, but I haven't actually mentioned the avatars of everyone who's been included yet. I felt it might detract from the general pace of the humour to have a wadge of description in there.

But anyway, as it stands, the cast is as below. Some people I have there planning to put them into another chapter, I just need to know where I can.

[b]Mods:[/b]
James: ?Jamie?- from Kill Adam signup.
Adam: cartoon guy
Charles: Viewtiful Joe
Shy: Bosko
Sara: Shimizu (of Chobits)- I know you were looking for an anime character that kind of matched you Sara; she's the best I've seen so far, heh.
Semjaza Azazel: David Bowie- Sex With Animals is... interesting, but not a person.
Syk3: Evangelion Unit 01- this is what I'll always associate with Syk, because he was wearing this avatar when we both became Mods ^_^ I don't know who the guy on his current avatar is, anyway.
Desbreko: Link
Break: Cloud (from FF...VII?)
Solo Tremaine: Yugo Beast Form (see my avatar)
Lady Katana: Kaoru (from Kenshin)- at her request, hehe ^_~
DeathKnight: Guy in Ken?s MyOtaku- DeathKnight seems an appropriate name for him, heh.
Queen Asuka: Chii of Chobits
Arcadia: Hitomi from Escaflowne
Shinmaru: Desbreko briefly/Shin from Cowboy Bebop
Jinzouningen17: Yami Marik
Digital Monster: Amazon Archer
Terra: girl in avatar- I don't know who she is ^_^;
Chaos: Guy in Kill Adam signup

[b]Members:[/b]
AzureWolf: Sasuke from Naruto
Domon: God Gundam
DeathBug: Jetstorm (Beast Machines)
Bandit Joeykuba: Dark Magician Girl
Wrist cutter: Yoshiharu Shiina
Jokopoko: Starscream
AJeh: Gitaroo Man
PoisonTongue: Groucho Marx
KarmaOfChaos: Hanajima from Fruit Baskets
Leh: Guy from Halo
BabyGirl: Faye Valentine
Ben: Puppetmon
doukeshi03: *insert character here* -I need one, heh.
Raiha: *ditto* This is one of the reasons you've not been in it as much, Raiha. I don't actually know who you'd fit best as ^_^; I was thinking about Mystique (as in the X-Men films), but I didn't want to do anything much without asking, heh.

So, if you have any personal requests and want to be in it, I need to know what you look like. It's easier than having a faceless character wandering around.
[/COLOR]

That helps a lot, I was just too shy to ask heh. I'd like to be in it, I know I have bee already..but I don't know if batman'd fit..since I'm a girl and all. You could just do a brown haired girl with a clown mask since my first avatar was trowa ^_^. I'd like to be mentioned if you do a chapter in the adventure arena or in the banner request forum....pwease

[size=1] I got notice of this little 'fic a bit late, so I feel stupid. >_>;; I think I left you a comment on MyOtaku, but it sucked because I was at school and the bell was about it ring. *sweatdrops*

Anywaaays, great story you have here. I think you do a good job of describing OB as if it were a real place. ^_^ Keep up the great work![/size]

Well, I was glad to see the appearance of the Adventure Arena as promised :D. And me, of course. I'm glad I stabbed people in the back ... speaks of how you think of me in real life! Just kidding, just kidding.

Anyway, to be honest, this chapter didn't hold my attention as well as the first couple did. I'm not sure why ... logically, this one would be more interesting, as it had a good plot and everything was well-described. I think it was a little difficult for me to see the action as well as in the first few sections; I'm not sure if that's because it's a world of abstractions, or because the first two were a little better-executed.

Still, I loved the idea of the attack of the n00bs and you had a ton of really hysterical one-liners :) most of which have been previously highlighted. Please continue writing, this is story is so entertaining!

(By the way, I don't know who the girl in my avatar is either. I just can't imagine changing it now.)

I agree with Molleta, the burping smilies was great. That had to be the best chapter yet. ^_^ Lots of action, with just the right amount of humour and description.

If you wouldn't mind putting me in it for a short cameo or whatever, my avatar would be Megaman.exe...I'd be hanging out in Sprite Central, completely zombiefied infront of a computer. ^_^

Keep up the good work, I'm loving it!

Enter The Net is an example of a perfect fanfic parody. I cannot stress that enough. The dialogue is intelligently written and makes sense. The premise is totally believable--as believable as it can be, lol. The characters and actions are believable and well-drawn.

There is no inkling of immaturity about the writing and situation.

I motion for this to be made into a Sticky thread, as it should be read by [i]everyone[/i] who is writing fanfic parody.

Solo, excellent work.

Again, I motion for Enter The Net to be made into a Sticky thread.

[QUOTE]I motion for this to be made into a Sticky thread, as it should be read by everyone who is writing fanfic parody.[/QUOTE]
[color=firebrick]I second that [i]*nods*[/i]

This is truly the best I've read for a [i]looooong[/i] time. Everyone can enjoy this story, regardless whether you're a Newbie or an Oldie : )

It's written in a manner that keeps the readers interested, the grammar etc is top-notch (thereby making it easy on the eyes and more accesible to read). And the plot is truly wonderful.
Like an old pair of trainers that are totally worn out and fits perfectly on your feet....

- Mimmi[/color]

Heh, I still love it Solo. :D I can't wait for the next chapter.

I really hate to nitpick, but there's a typo in one of [I]my[/I] dialogues. :drunk:

[QUOTE]??which allows me to summon to Giant Orcs and a Witch of the Black Forest.? [/QUOTE]

After "summon" it should be two, not "to".

Sorry. It just bugged me. :sweat:

[B][SIZE=1]Wow, that's great! I haven't posted to say how good it is yet, because I was doing something and.. well, nevermind...

Very cool anyway, it's funny too. I really liked it! Good writing there! I really love it! I can't wait to see the next chapter! Whoa!!!

Really good! keep it up! Could I be in it? It's up to you though eh?

Can't wait for the next chapters!!![/B][/SIZE]

-*zaps n00b with Spark Plasma attack*
-n00b: ??? *multiplies into seven n00bs, preparing to flame*
-Sheikahmon: What the (censored)-- RESIST!!! *flames bounce off* That does it! *Tisiphone Edge sword glows* VENEGENCE!!!

Anyway... *still fighting n00bs* Can I be in this? I got a really weird gender situation-- female web freak (Sheikahmon) with a male avatar (A chibied Ivan from Golden Sun)! *would have liked to have Karst for her avie, but Mercury Lighthouse doesn't have any...*

Fine print: I'm also insane and tend to talk about useless stuff that seems totally unrelated while fighting off n00bs, but I can control it if you mods want me to... *meek*

*gets flamed by n00bs, goes back to fighting*